Repair/Exchange Case Resolution Needed
845 23 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ClintJamesPhoto
New
United States

I returned my P4 remote controller to DJI service, due to the fact that it stopped being able to charge after applying a firmware update.  The remote was received by DJI on 9/21 and verified on 9/26.  I have contacted DJI service via online chat and by phone several times and they always say they are informing the resolution team, but nothing has changed about my case.  Supposedly, the exchange was approved on 10/6 and a replacement was to be sent out within 5 to 7 business days, but we are now past that timeframe and still nothing.  I am now a month without my controller and I have no clue when I will actually see it again.  Hoping some admin on here will be able to help out more than the Service department in China that I have been in contact with up to this point.
2017-10-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

May we please have your case number so we can follow up.
2017-10-18
Use props
ClintJamesPhoto
New
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2017-10-18 09:14
May we please have your case number so we can follow up.

Just sent it to you in a PM
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ClintJamesPhoto Posted at 2017-10-18 09:47
Just sent it to you in a PM

If you don't get a response right away, please sent a PM to me as well, and I'll help follow up.
2017-10-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I received it.  Thank you.  We will will follow up for you.  You should get a call back in the next 24-48 hours.  
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, James, here is the update of the case, the drone has been shipped out, please check the email with shipping label to track it, thanks.
If there is any further problem, please keep us updated.
2017-10-18
Use props
ClintJamesPhoto
New
United States

I appreciate you all getting involved and sending the exchange out so quickly, but I do wonder why my case sat stagnant for about 3 weeks (despite my many online chats and calls with the call center in China)  and you all were able to get an exchange shipped to me in less than a day?  
2017-10-19
Use props
fans5b206fad
New
Flight distance : 28510 ft

United States

We had a drone crash 4 flights after coming back from repair of a landing gear. The landing gear support bolt fell off. We sent to DJI for repair and were charged even though the drone was under warranty. The drone came back with an updated Inspire 2 bolt on one side but not the other. The drone also did not fly straight. We sent back and asked them to match the Inpspire 2 bolt because it is less likely to fall off and impossible to come loose. They did not finish he repair. They said they would overnight the drone back and fix the issue. All of a sudden, they said they could send us the bolt. I waited months for the bolt and then finally they sent the wrong one even though I sent them pictures of the bolt I needed 10 times. I called them back and they said they refuse to give me the right part and the drone should just not fly and they are not going to repair it. Talk about a bunch of crooks. Avoid DJI at all costs.
2017-10-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans5b206fad Posted at 2017-10-19 12:41
We had a drone crash 4 flights after coming back from repair of a landing gear. The landing gear support bolt fell off. We sent to DJI for repair and were charged even though the drone was under warranty. The drone came back with an updated Inspire 2 bolt on one side but not the other. The drone also did not fly straight. We sent back and asked them to match the Inpspire 2 bolt because it is less likely to fall off and impossible to come loose. They did not finish he repair. They said they would overnight the drone back and fix the issue. All of a sudden, they said they could send us the bolt. I waited months for the bolt and then finally they sent the wrong one even though I sent them pictures of the bolt I needed 10 times. I called them back and they said they refuse to give me the right part and the drone should just not fly and they are not going to repair it. Talk about a bunch of crooks. Avoid DJI at all costs.

Sorry for your experience.  Did they give you a case number for the small part replacement?  If so may we please have that.  If you did not received one, what was the original case number.  We will follow up on this for you.  
2017-10-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans5b206fad Posted at 2017-10-19 12:41

Sorry for your experience.  Did they give you a case number for the small part replacement?  If so may we please have that.  If you did not received one, what was the original case number.  We will follow up on this for you.  
2017-10-19
Use props
fans5b206fad
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2017-10-19 15:18

Cas-1090742-j1v4z5

I finally got a supervisor that said he would fix this and overnight the part. I received a shipping label for some reason. Call them back and they said that the part was never approved even though the supervisor was going to overnight the part to me. This is absurd.
2017-10-20
Use props
fans5b206fad
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2017-10-19 15:18

Cas-1090742-j1v4z5

I finally got a supervisor that said he would fix this and overnight the part. I received a shipping label for some reason. Call them back and they said that the part was never approved even though the supervisor was going to overnight the part to me. This is absurd.
2017-10-20
Use props
fans5b206fad
New

United States

fans5b206fad Posted at 2017-10-20 06:54
Cas-1090742-j1v4z5

Now the supervisor says it’s not possible to even send the bolt! This is ridiculous! Nobody in customer support knows what they are doing and they all lie!
2017-10-20
Use props
fans5b206fad
New

United States

fans5b206fad Posted at 2017-10-20 06:54
Cas-1090742-j1v4z5

Now the supervisor says it’s not possible to even send the bolt! This is ridiculous! Nobody in customer support knows what they are doing and they all lie!
2017-10-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I will follow up again with this case number.  Sorry for your continued experience.
2017-10-20
Use props
fans5b206fad
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2017-10-20 17:57
I will follow up again with this case number.  Sorry for your continued experience.

They sent me the wrong bolts twice now! I even told them what they were sending was wrong and all they said was “how  do I know?” The absolute worst customer service! Still no answers. How hard is it to send a tiny bolt? Everyone there just keeps telling me no and I don’t know what I need. Even though I am the one with the drone. Give the customers what they want or lose them. It is that simple!
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans5b206fad Posted at 2017-10-23 07:11
They sent me the wrong bolts twice now! I even told them what they were sending was wrong and all they said was “how  do I know?” The absolute worst customer service! Still no answers. How hard is it to send a tiny bolt? Everyone there just keeps telling me no and I don’t know what I need. Even though I am the one with the drone. Give the customers what they want or lose them. It is that simple!

Sorry for this, I've forwarded your case to the management, they'll look into it. We will have someone contact you soon, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-10-23
Use props
fans5b206fad
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-23 19:56
Sorry for this, I've forwarded your case to the management, they'll look into it. We will have someone contact you soon, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.

Doubt it. They said this several times  before.
2017-10-24
Use props
fans5b206fad
New

United States

So now they said they were going to send me every bolt so there would be no confusion. Guess what? They sent every bolt but the bolt I need again for the 5th time!!!!
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5b206fad Posted at 2017-10-26 12:33
So now they said they were going to send me every bolt so there would be no confusion. Guess what? They sent every bolt but the bolt I need again for the 5th time!!!!

Sir, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with the whole process.
I understand you never received the E clip bolt, but did you receive the flat-head screw, I mean the original one in Inspire 1?
Besides, the case is reviewing by our supervisor, will keep you updated soon. Appreciate your patience.
2017-10-27
Use props
Scott royles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99478 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-27 00:10
Sir, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with the whole process.
I understand you never received the E clip bolt, but did you receive the flat-head screw, I mean the original one in Inspire 1?
Besides, the case is reviewing by our supervisor, will keep you updated soon. Appreciate your patience.

Repair/ replacement question. I crashed my mavic last month from about 9 feet up and it landed in the grass. Damaged the gimbal so I sent it to be repaired. Paid for the repairs. Return mavic first has the wrong serial number but that's not a big deal. Problem is I was instructed to relink my controller to the aircraft. When I powered up the aircraft the "new" mavic has continued gimbal overload warning. I have not even flown it yet. Are they actually going to preflight test the replacement because there is no way that the replacement should have been sent out. I was told I was sent a new mavic because fixing a gimbal was not cost effective. What can I expect?
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Scott royles Posted at 2017-11-29 19:09
Repair/ replacement question. I crashed my mavic last month from about 9 feet up and it landed in the grass. Damaged the gimbal so I sent it to be repaired. Paid for the repairs. Return mavic first has the wrong serial number but that's not a big deal. Problem is I was instructed to relink my controller to the aircraft. When I powered up the aircraft the "new" mavic has continued gimbal overload warning. I have not even flown it yet. Are they actually going to preflight test the replacement because there is no way that the replacement should have been sent out. I was told I was sent a new mavic because fixing a gimbal was not cost effective. What can I expect?

Hi, Scot, according to our policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
Sorry for the gimbal overloaded issue, could you please check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted properly?
Besides, could you please provide us the case number if the problem persists?
2017-11-29
Use props
Scott royles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99478 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-29 21:31
Hi, Scot, according to our policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
Sorry for the gimbal overloaded issue, could you please check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted properly?
Besides, could you please provide us the case number if the problem persists?

CAS-1256989-T7L5J3
Everything looked fine when it was shipped back to me. I have sent it back for repair/replacement.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Scott royles Posted at 2017-11-30 04:03
CAS-1256989-T7L5J3
Everything looked fine when it was shipped back to me. I have sent it back for repair/replacement.

Really sorry for your difficulties, I will keep an eye on your case. Hope you can receive the drone shortly.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules