Motor Noise?
1162 5 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Noticed that there is a high frequency squeal when motors run above 10% or so, very high pitch, the bird flies fine, louder than my P3P and much louder than my Mavic, Have only flow 3 batteries 7 times, been like this from the get go. My friend has one and his sounds the same, I'm thinking that this is normal for the P4P? Probably never would have noticed it if I didn't own a P3P & Mavic.
2017-10-18
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

The p4 and p4p are noticeably noisier than the mavic and p3 this is just the way it is.
If your concerned there maybe a faulty motor try running motors without the props on and see if there is a distinct noise that shouldnt be there
2017-10-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't blame you for being concerned.  But I've never heard of a motor that actually failed after hearing the squeal including my own.  If you had one of those tachometer tools you could check it if you wanted.  

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ ... &crid=25Y3MUIZZFY2I

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it unless it's keeping you up at night in which case you should swap out the motor.  MHO

2017-10-18
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-18 14:22
The p4 and p4p are noticeably noisier than the mavic and p3 this is just the way it is.
If your concerned there maybe a faulty motor try running motors without the props on and see if there is a distinct noise that shouldnt be there

Going to try running it up without the props to see if it just prop noise, Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking it is just an innate feature for the P4P as my buddy's sounds exactly the same. It's very negligible and so far has had no effect on performance.
2017-10-18
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-18 16:32
Going to try running it up without the props to see if it just prop noise, Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking it is just an innate feature for the P4P as my buddy's sounds exactly the same. It's very negligible and so far has had no effect on performance.

Make sure the props are sitting tight. Otherwise, it is just normal because the P4P is way louder than the MP
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-18 16:32

Thanks for clarification. It seems that the drone itself works well. Happy flying!
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules