Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Petition DJI to add an insert in their products
1135 10 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cutaway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1942835 ft
United States

Hi all,

Just wanted to see how much support from other DJI owners exist about inserting a RED notice that says "DO NOT FLY AROUND EMERGENCY INCIDENTS, AIRPORT.  YOU CAN KILL PEOPLE."    It should be easy and cheap to add a flashy warning flyer.   They already say register with FAA.   We can start a petition drive maybe...
It's frustrating to see the rise of drone incidents involving illegal flights.   Never mind that all of us will pay the price with heavier restrictions, people will die.   Thanks in advance.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com ... nta-cruz-mountains/

2017-10-18
Use props
VictorMike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2616266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Or DJI can just force all of you to update your NFZ data and actively push TFR info. If I can't fly my real plane in that airspace why should anyone else? No cell data? Not flying, sorry not sorry. My GA plane is based at Linden airport where that helicopter landed after hitting that P4 and I saw the damage myself. These things aren't toys and that's the problem, people think they are and they have nothing to lose. This forum is filled with people who follow rules and have common sense for the most part. It's our responsibility to call for change to protect what we do... Its also in DJI's interest too because if one of these things gets ingested by an engine I can promise the FAA will come down hard. They won't risk someone getting killed for us to fly drones. DJI needs to step up before something happens. They need to reach out to industry insiders like me, people who fly drones, airliners, and deal with the FAA.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are so sorry to hear that the accidents that caused by the improper use of the drone. DJI has a No Fly Zone system, and if it is necessary, a temporary No Fly Zone will also be set, and the flight limit area that DJI set is for the users reference, in the most cases, it is always the users' responsibility to maintain the fly safe and proper usage of the drone. Thank you for bringing the attention.
2017-10-18
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

VictorMike Posted at 2017-10-18 18:33
Or DJI can just force all of you to update your NFZ data and actively push TFR info. If I can't fly my real plane in that airspace why should anyone else? No cell data? Not flying, sorry not sorry. My GA plane is based at Linden airport where that helicopter landed after hitting that P4 and I saw the damage myself. These things aren't toys and that's the problem, people think they are and they have nothing to lose. This forum is filled with people who follow rules and have common sense for the most part. It's our responsibility to call for change to protect what we do... Its also in DJI's interest too because if one of these things gets ingested by an engine I can promise the FAA will come down hard. They won't risk someone getting killed for us to fly drones. DJI needs to step up before something happens. They need to reach out to industry insiders like me, people who fly drones, airliners, and deal with the FAA.

Ok maybe you should take your new sports car into the dealer and have the 65 MPH limiting software put on, mandated by someone with dented bumper. How many people need to die from speed related incidents and you worried about a dented blade. Seriously not to be mean in my sarcasm just showing another side..  The news said drone hits helicopter. Really it's a news selling hype headline. We know the helicopter ran into the drone at 130MPH flying down on the deck at night. These guys flying say they were at around 500AGL feet? Was it? Was it 400 or 425 AGL from takeoff?  Was the drone launched from a hill? I can't say for sure, can you?  I personally have seen military helicopter buzz my home and flying filed at lower than 400'.  Let's just all calm down and stop blaming DJI and others without facts and forcing updates on us for the few idiots.
This may be far-fetched but possible. For all we know these guys flew it into their own Heli after a few bears at the base and them made this up before they got themselves in a heap of trouble. I have witnessed some stupid stuff in my life..lol
2017-10-18
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

double post
2017-10-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I can't really support your idea as DJI have probably done more than most other drone manufacturers to try and keep their drones out of no fly areas. However, they are sold all over the world and no amount of red flags, notices or anything else is going to stop stupidity or recklessness.
One thing people can do is not support the idiots who post their antics on the internet as, every time their video is watched, it just feeds their ego.
2017-10-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-10-18 19:43
Ok maybe you should take your new sports car into the dealer and have the 65 MPH limiting software put on, mandated by someone with dented bumper. How many people need to die from speed related incidents and you worried about a dented blade. Seriously not to be mean in my sarcasm just showing another side..  The news said drone hits helicopter. Really it's a news selling hype headline. We know the helicopter ran into the drone at 130MPH flying down on the deck at night. These guys flying say they were at around 500AGL feet? Was it? Was it 400 or 425 AGL from takeoff?  Was the drone launched from a hill? I can't say for sure, can you?  I personally have seen military helicopter buzz my home and flying filed at lower than 400'.  Let's just all calm down and stop blaming DJI and others without facts and forcing updates on us for the few idiots.
This may be far-fetched but possible. For all we know these guys flew it into their own Heli after a few bears at the base and them made this up before they got themselves in a heap of trouble. I have witnessed some stupid stuff in my life..lol

Or how about guns?  hahaha

"WARNING:  Improper use of this weapon might make you an orifice in the lower back."
2017-10-18
Use props
Locoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I agree, all the rules and regulations will not stop "Stupid". Nor those who refuse to read or abide by the NF warnings.

It might help to require drone operators to get mandatory training and licensed before they can turn off the "Beginner Mode" switch.
2017-10-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

While there are more and more drones taking to the sky, it is inevitable that more regulation will follow just as it did for the motor car.
It doesn’t necessarily mean more restrictions on drone flying , but it needs drone flying communities to get their house in order, dji have done a good job with NFZ in my opinion but on the other side particularly the US, people in the US don’t like a Chinese company coming in to there country and telling them where and when they can fly, they would rather FAA and government take charge of this and there are many who still refuse to sign up to dji NFZ , I can understand why they may feel a bit under siege regarding this and will continue to look to dji for assurances regarding data protection etc.
But I just wonder how they would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and it was a US company mapping out NFZ in other countries , im sure we would be told it was in our best interest just as with all US companies who rape and pillage our data on a daily basis through Apple etc.

So the above I spoke about will need to be sorted out, it’s my belief that dji do work with the likes of ICAO FAA and so on to let them know what they are planning to do regarding the safety of drones and drone flying in the future, but I don’t think that although aware of what’s going on the FAA would be upfront in admitting what’s taking place, it’s very easy to sit back and if something doesn’t work to say they had no hand or part in it.

Aviation has always been controlled outside of vote grabbing politicians and governments and has been much the better for doing it this way, so if we want to have better flying conditions for our drones it’s imperative that we try to keep governments out of the equation, because if incidents like we’ve seen reported here whether true or fake ,media and bad publicity may drive the politicians to act in their usual vote grabbing hysteria as they did in Canada and then we might see some serious restrictions befall on droneflying.

“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”
2017-10-19
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Some good points made by many on here all ready. I'm not sure anything further can be done by DJI or most other reputable drone manufacturers. I guess it will come down to having to prove you have a licence to fly a drone before actually being able to purchase a drone but then it doesn't stop little johnny getting his hands on dads drone while he's out at work and little johnny flying the drone into restricted airspace etc.

We have too many rules in this world already, freedom of thought is being taken away by rules ..... Common sense is something we used to have in the past but it now seems the few idiots that have drones ruin it for the vast majority of the law abiding masses.

It's not the drones that are at fault here, its the idiots that are allowed to buy and fly them. Hence, to the OP, asking DJI to put a Red warning sign across the drone in the box will not stop the idiot that thinks he knows best.
2017-10-19
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I disagree... DJI has locked us down enough and have ruined more flights than I can count already. How about making the stupid idiots that fly the thing into a NFZ responsible for damages. Fine and Jail! What is happening in our world where we think we can blame others for our mistakes and carelessness?!! When the DJI system fails.. then DJI is responsible? I don't think so. Shifting responsibility is NOT the answer. Making people liable is. *derp*

Oh and a flyer in a box is not going to stop stupid people.
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules