iPhone 8+ disconnect issue solved
690 2 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joesammirato
New
Flight distance : 86742 ft
United States

Let me start by saying that I am an Apple Developer so, the versions of the iOS software I download from Apple are more granular than the releases you can download from the Apple app store. A week ago, before I bought my new iPhone 8+, I was using an iPhone 7+, running iOS 11.1 BETA 2. I bought my new iPhone 8+, restored my personal information to it from iCloud and...the recent DJI GO 4 software app launched but would not "connect" to my MAVIC PRO. So what happened?
The update process removed my developer's profile certificate from the new phone (I didn't realize this of course) thus the new phone did not update the iOS to the latest BETA update which came out yesterday.

A bit of research and I realized I wasn't using the latest BETA 3, so I downloaded and restored my profile, and the new BETA 3 appeared on the phone. After installing that iOS update, the DJI GO 4 app is now installing a software upgrade and the new Mavic Pro firmware. In a few minutes I expect everything will be working again and the app will connect to the controller normally.

My problem was related to an iOS 11.1 (BETA 3) software update. I should explain that during the beta testing period on an OS or application upgrade, features are often turned off or on for testing and debugging and this will often give the appearance of broken or poorly written software code, which isn't the case at all. That's why you shouldn't upgrade to any general beta release unless you can afford to reinstall the code.

Ok...just finished my test flight, in near total nighttime darkness, and the Mavic flew great. Lots to love about the new app update, great features and precision controls.

Cheers.
2017-10-18
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

IOS all the way!
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your experience. Happy flying!
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules