Frustrated with new Firmware update
898 4 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans925fc088
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49045 ft
Canada

So tried to use my P3A for the 1st time a couple months and got errors (critical battery and another) I landed and saw that I needed to update both remote and drone.

Came home, attempted the update for the RC via the app and it seems like it has failed. I cannot connect to the RC any longer neither my iPhone or the drone see the RC. It's fully charged and all it does is show a constant red light. It beeps after approx 10 mins after being idle but then stops. I've restarted it multiple times. I've tried different USB cords. My drone justr sits and blinks yellow indicating not connected.

I cant provide what version of firmware I was previously running as nothing connects to the RC....I tried a manual reset of the RC by pressing the C1, C2, record and the right wheel together and get the same results time and time again.

I am unable to find the firmware update for the RC alone so I can update via USB but at this point Im ready to throw the whole thing into a wall. You would think that an update would be easier....and work....

2017-10-18
Use props
fans925fc088
lvl.1
Canada

my app version is 3.1.18
RC 1.9.2

Thats what it says in the About screen in general settings in my app.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read your unpleasant experience. Please refer the tutorial video and make sure the aircraft firmware update is successful. Then try to link RC.

2017-10-18
Use props
fans925fc088
lvl.1
Canada

re linking it connected it back to the drone. ill have to try the drone upgrades over the weekend....it hasnt been working
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans925fc088 Posted at 2017-10-18 19:40
re linking it connected it back to the drone. ill have to try the drone upgrades over the weekend....it hasnt been working

It seems that the RC has been updated to the latest version. If the aircraft and controller firmware are not matched, the drone may not work well. Please upload a short video of this, I'd like to look into the exact status.
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules