Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A Little More Technical Insight Into The New Platinum Props
3077 34 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ Enertia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

This intresting video goes into bit more depth about the new Platinum props-
2017-10-18
Use props
Locoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Good video, thanks for posting.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.4
Australia

Locoman Posted at 2017-10-18 23:49
Good video, thanks for posting.

No problem..its  prob one of the best videos i found on the subject
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Really, 21minutes about 2 type of props?
Somebody needs a new hobby
2017-10-19
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Awesome explanation and comparison. Worth every minute of the watch for those who appreciate the science.
2017-10-19
Use props
Mountaindrone
Captain
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

very interesting video !
thanks !
2017-10-19
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.4
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-19 10:05
Really, 21minutes about 2 type of props?
Somebody needs a new hobby

It maybe 21 minutes but its good intel and the video author has a great youtube channel for all things drone related
2017-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-10-21 07:14
It maybe 21 minutes but its good intel and the video author has a great youtube channel for all things drone related

I watched many of his videos, some I liked a lot and some were not my cup of tea.
Next button works great in the last case
2017-10-21
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.4
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-21 07:38
I watched many of his videos, some I liked a lot and some were not my cup of tea.
Next button works great in the last case

yeah its a wide range of stuff,i just select the ones im more interested in like how to take care of and maintain your battery ect
2017-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-10-22 04:18
yeah its a wide range of stuff,i just select the ones im more interested in like how to take care of and maintain your battery ect

Yeah, that is usually best. So much footage online. You can watch 24x7 the whole year and not have any doubles.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.4
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-22 04:57
Yeah, that is usually best. So much footage online. You can watch 24x7 the whole year and not have any doubles.

yep its called Youtubeitus
2017-10-23
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I saw this one before and found it definitely interesting.
2017-10-23
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rick knows his stuff - I’ve been watching his channel for years and he is my ‘go to’ for advice. He’s a qualified engineer and LOVES drones - he’s really passionate about it. He takes a lot of criticism about his thorough reviews taking longer than they should be I’d rather that than missing important points and details.  
2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-23 05:13
Rick knows his stuff

Yeah mainly, and even when he has no clue what he's talking about, he says it with the same all-knowing confidence.  He's pretty fun to watch.
2017-10-23
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hahaha - that too. My only issue (as with most mainstream you tubers) is that they will try and sell you a piece of dog s*** in a DJI box if they can. Some of the third party accessories are just pointless but when it comes to technical understanding he’s the man!
2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-23 06:15
but when it comes to technical understanding he’s the man!

Eh "technical understanding" is kind of a broad brush, and therein lies the problem:  If he obviously knows about 'x', the audience assumes what he says about 'y' and 'z' are correct too, because y&z seem to be fields closely related to x (to the layperson).  

But if you work in field Z you've gotta bite your tongue and just get through that portion of the video because the guy's talking out of his posterior.  No different than reading articles on wikipedia I guess.  They're very interesting to read as long as you don't know anything about the topic.  When you get to a page involving your field of work it spoils the whole illusion.
2017-10-23
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

I'm an Aeronautical Engineer by qualification so while I found it interesting I already knew it. The basis for the noise reduction is the increase in lift from the new prop which basically means the motors don't spin as fast to create the same lift, the differences are not huge but perceptible to hear for the most part ... I just never thought the stock MP was particularly noisy in the first place.
2017-10-23
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-23 06:33
Eh "technical understanding" is kind of a broad brush, and therein lies the problem:  If he obviously knows about 'x', the audience assumes what he says about 'y' and 'z' are correct too, because y&z seem to be fields closely related to x (to the layperson).  

But if you work in field Z you've gotta bite your tongue and just get through that portion of the video because the guy's talking out of his posterior.  No different than reading articles on wikipedia I guess.  They're very interesting to read as long as you don't know anything about the topic.  When you get to a page involving your field of work it spoils the whole illusion.

He ain't perfect but compared to most 'drone experts' on YT he's a genius!
2017-10-23
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigga J Posted at 2017-10-23 07:25
I'm an Aeronautical Engineer by qualification so while I found it interesting I already knew it. The basis for the noise reduction is the increase in lift from the new prop which basically means the motors don't spin as fast to create the same lift, the differences are not huge but perceptible to hear for the most part ... I just never thought the stock MP was particularly noisy in the first place.

It's mostly marketing hype but quieter is generally better when flying drones these days, even 4db.
2017-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-10-23 04:44
yep its called Youtubeitus

Hahahahaha. Good one.
2017-10-23
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ACW Posted at 2017-10-23 10:32
It's mostly marketing hype but quieter is generally better when flying drones these days, even 4db.

Agreed but it is also quite easy to lose the drone in the sky as it's so small so a little noise is a good thing in my book
2017-10-24
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I think this channel is a trusted source of info on drones and accessories...
2017-10-25
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

ACW Posted at 2017-10-23 05:13
Rick knows his stuff - I’ve been watching his channel for years and he is my ‘go to’ for advice. He’s a qualified engineer and LOVES drones - he’s really passionate about it. He takes a lot of criticism about his thorough reviews taking longer than they should be I’d rather that than missing important points and details.

I completely agree with you!
2017-10-25
Use props
4wesomeAdam
Second Officer
United States

I subscribe to Drone Valley. Rick is great.

I use the sound of the Mavic to be able to track it, while flying. I really did not hear to much of a difference in the sounds the prospective blades produced.

If the new blades are more efficient or durable, that would be a consideration.
2017-10-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigga J Posted at 2017-10-24 00:08
Agreed but it is also quite easy to lose the drone in the sky as it's so small so a little noise is a good thing in my book

I disagree - quieter the better so as not to cause a disturbance to passers-by.
2017-11-2
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I don't really notice a quieter flight, just a lower pitch. More like a swarm of bigger bees!
2017-11-3
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2017-11-2 10:44
I disagree - quieter the better so as not to cause a disturbance to passers-by.

You fly in heavily populated areas then? ....

I prefer to fly well away from people wherever possible, takes further risk out of situations.

The Mavic is way quieter than most DJI drones but not as quiet as the Yuneec Q500 drones though. As mentioned in many tests now, the new props don't actually make the MP much quieter but do cause a 'contact' problem with the Mavic body/arms.
2017-11-6
Use props
maximeeso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657398 ft
United States

Bigga J Posted at 2017-11-6 05:42

I prefer to fly well away from people wherever possible, takes further risk out of situations.

You don't fly near any neighborhoods, beaches, scenic areas, etc.?

Those don't have to be "heavily populated" to have people that can be annoyed by the sound of a swarm of bees..

You're saying you only fly about 1-2km+ away from ALL of the other 7 billion people on the planet? Never within earshot of anyone?
2017-11-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigga J Posted at 2017-11-6 05:42

Why does that imply I fly IN heavily populated areas? I guess you've never flown near a single person then. You are legally permitted to fly a drone 50M away from people in line with the UK CAA's drone code as long as it's smaller groups. Drones can still be heard quite easily at 50M and by having quieter props this simply causes less aggravation to the odd dog walker. No, I do not fly any of my drones in congested areas and can not comment on Yuneec - not a brand I care for - putting it politely!  
2017-11-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maximeeso Posted at 2017-11-6 09:29

Those don't have to be "heavily populated" to have people that can be annoyed by the sound of a swarm of bees..

Damn straight! Also prop noise can annoy people you are recording with their permission such as friends and family who are in your control. I've seen many videos of how effective the noise reduction is with the new 8331 props - no harm in using them as made by the same company that built the drone in the first place!
2017-11-6
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
United Kingdom

maximeeso Posted at 2017-11-6 09:29

You have obviously not watched many of the videos posted on here that show flying nowhere near people ... it's not just me you are poking a finger at with your comment sunshine...
2017-11-7
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2017-11-6 11:43
Why does that imply I fly IN heavily populated areas? I guess you've never flown near a single person then. You are legally permitted to fly a drone 50M away from people in line with the UK CAA's drone code as long as it's smaller groups. Drones can still be heard quite easily at 50M and by having quieter props this simply causes less aggravation to the odd dog walker. No, I do not fly any of my drones in congested areas and can not comment on Yuneec - not a brand I care for - putting it politely!

It's irrelevant whether you care for Yuneec or not, the Q500 range is quieter than the MP emitting only a low tone rather than the higher pitched one of the MP but as I have said many many times, the MP is hardly noisy compared to many.

As for flying in heavily populated areas, I am aware of the CAA rules on drones but thanks for sharing them with me again, much appreciated. It is however, possible to minimise all risk of flying near people, just watch the many video's posted on here by all manner of people from various countries.

I do fly on beeches, in parkland etc. but I do also make sure there are no people in the vicinity I fly in just to be sure.
2017-11-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So do I but please do not presume that I fly in congested areas - you obviously have no idea who I am. I also do not like your tone. Please do not reply to anymore of my posts on this forum - EVER AGAIN - clear!
2017-11-7
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2017-11-7 02:18
So do I but please do not presume that I fly in congested areas - you obviously have no idea who I am. I also do not like your tone. Please do not reply to anymore of my posts on this forum - EVER AGAIN - clear!

Not sure whether you are allowing me to respond but I will ...

You have no idea what tone I take therefore, this is taken by you in whichever tone you care to read it ... but it could be wrong.

I don't know you either or anyone else on this forum so no idea what relevance that statement has.

Apologies for the presumption ... as they say, presumption/assumption is the mother of all F ups.

Your last request is clear .... shame though, nothing wrong with a little banter, discussion or word jousting.
2017-11-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigga J Posted at 2017-11-7 03:21
Not sure whether you are allowing me to respond but I will ...

You have no idea what tone I take therefore, this is taken by you in whichever tone you care to read it ... but it could be wrong.

Good bye!
2017-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules