1714 15 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafi_m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

Hello,
Recently I noticed a something strange with my RC. I was trying to land aircraft with RC and at that moment when the flight was directly above my head, aircraft got disconnected from RC. anyhow aircraft landed successfully.

1. After some time when I tried paring the RC with aircraft, the RC gets turned off automatically.

2. if I leave RC alone connected to my phone via WIFI, I hear some beeb sound multiple times and 4 led lights blink and RC gets switched off.

3. if i leave the remote for an hour or two and again try to connect, all working fine no issues at all..

i usually take off in this order..
1. airplain mode
2. turn on rc and connect via WIFI
3. turn AC and link it.

after landing..
1. turn off AC first
2. turn off RC without disconnecting WIFI

i just want to know that am i doing these steps correctly.

my RC and AC firmware are up to date.
but i have dji V4.1.5 as V4.1.9 is has very laggy transmission with my phone Lenovo vibe K5.

2017-10-18
Use props
Scobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

Here's my method.

Turn on AC, wait for beeps.
Turn on RC.
Turn on phone/tablet wifi and connect to RC.

I have no issues doing it this way and can and can disconnect from the RC/AC in any way.
Using ipad mini with v4.1.12.
2017-10-18
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
United States

Also, I bought RC seperatly, do I have to link AC and RC every time I switch off and switch on?
2017-10-18
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

No, it stays bound unless you revert to just using you phone to fly spark. Then you need to rebind for remote.
2017-10-19
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
United States

Bright Spark Posted at 2017-10-19 00:56
No, it stays bound unless you revert to just using you phone to fly spark. Then you need to rebind for remote.

so you turn on RC and AC and both get linked automatically huh?
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The way you power on and turn off the drone is correct, no worries. But the case you mentioned that the RC would turn off automatically without any operations (except for no power) doesn't seem proper. Could you please provide me with a video of this case if it could be reproduced? I'd like to check it. Besides, like 4# mentioned, you don't need to relink the RC and drone every time you power it on unless you change the connection to the direct use of the drone and mobile device, they will automatically get linked, just wait for a minute after powering it on.
2017-10-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Rafi_m Posted at 2017-10-19 00:58

Yes they do.
2017-10-19
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Rafi_m Posted at 2017-10-19 00:58

I have never had to pair my RC with the spark.. it always just connects.

I do it differnt than others here and it works for me.

I usually turn on the RC in the car when I get to where I want to fly.  This is usually a place where my phone is not connected to any other WIFI so it auto connects to the RC.  I don't bother with turning off bluetooth or putting the phone in airplane mode.
Then when I am ready to fly, I turn on the spark and wait for it to say connected on the phone.

Turning off is the reverse.. I turn off the spark when I land it because the battery is usually pretty drained. I might fly another battery or not, then I turn off the RC.

Never any issues.
2017-10-19
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I think the order of switching things on/off does not matter.
Usually I switch the spark on first to give it more time to settle the gps.
In the field, the iPhone automatically connects to the rc when it’s ready. If there are no other known wifi networks.

I would not expect the rc to switch off automatically while it is connected. It could have a power saving feature
that shuts it off if the sticks are idle for a long time, but it’s not mentioned in the docs.
I have had the spark hover unattended for about 5 minutes without touching the rc. It did not shut off.
2017-10-19
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
United States

how long does it takes to to link after you turn on RC and AC please?
2017-10-22
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-19 02:21
The way you power on and turn off the drone is correct, no worries. But the case you mentioned that the RC would turn off automatically without any operations (except for no power) doesn't seem proper. Could you please provide me with a video of this case if it could be reproduced? I'd like to check it. Besides, like 4# mentioned, you don't need to relink the RC and drone every time you power it on unless you change the connection to the direct use of the drone and mobile device, they will automatically get linked, just wait for a minute after powering it on.

Thank you Thor, though it doesn't get powered off every time during flight, it happens once in every 5 flights. il try to get a video of it next time..
2017-10-22
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

heliman Posted at 2017-10-19 14:43
I think the order of switching things on/off does not matter.
Usually I switch the spark on first to give it more time to settle the gps.
In the field, the iPhone automatically connects to the rc when it’s ready. If there are no other known wifi networks.

See manual:
Warning
2. if the remote controller is powered on and has NOT been used for 5 minutes, it will sound an alert. After 6 minutes it will automatically power off. ect ect...
2017-10-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Philippines

Rafi_m Posted at 2017-10-22 22:38

They connect while the AC is starting up provided that the RC is switched on already.
2017-10-23
Use props
Blue17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56010 ft
Germany

Rafi_m Posted at 2017-10-22 22:38

Maybe 15 secs.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rafi_m Posted at 2017-10-22 22:40
Thank you Thor, though it doesn't get powered off every time during flight, it happens once in every 5 flights. il try to get a video of it next time..

Thank you for the assistance. And for the time it will take for linking the RC and drone after powering it up, it depends, but if it takes a long time, you might need to manually relink them.  
2017-10-23
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
United States

Thank you all for your help, il make a video next time when the issue arises..
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules