Gimbal Overload Error
589 7 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OhYa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172635 ft
United States

So, the well known Gimbal Overload Error happened to me a couple months ago while on a 2 month vacation in the Philippines...
I get back & talk to DJI Support & they say to send it in.
Then I get this;
qIA_cM0_RWmJUr6dCsMDWA.png

$150 to repair a manufacturer defect, one that so many people that got their mavics around the begining of the year.
The same 1 that so many people have been reporting all over the world, but DJI says to bad, its past 6 months.
WTH man, really?
6 Months?
You guys should really be doing a recall on this, not charging people $130 for labor on something that is a known issue!
I am very disapointed in the lack of support on this & if I had known the 1 year warranty was not Truely a 1 year Warranty I would have gotten the Refresh or at least flown it a LOT more...

The Least You could do would be to actually Sell Parts for Known Issues like this!

Very Sad Indeed.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the unpleasant experience, I had checked your case, and found that it the gimbal is out of warranty. Please kindly note that the users can only obtain warranty within the warranty period, and the warranty period might vary from different part, you can have more details on this page: http://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
Hope your kind understanding.
2017-10-19
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

You should read this thread and you will realize how hard it is!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-116759-1-1.html
2017-10-19
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Might not want to hear this but honestly that's actually not a bad price for the repair if it includes shipping IMO. Had the same issue but I did in fact crash mine. Paid a bit less for repair, parts and free shipping which I received within 4 days so not bad (Not DJI).

Mavic is working flawlessly !  
2017-10-19
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

No read this post, customer is told your full of crap and we are not paying for the repair.

Customer is always wrong we are the only correct ones - DJI

2017-10-19
Use props
OhYa
lvl.1
United States

I only understand that this is a Well Known & Well Documented problem that Many people have had with the Mavic, especially people that got theirs during the Back Order Rush between December & February.
I will have DJI repair it & pay the $147 repair fee, then I will sell it.
In the future I will be sure that any drone companies that I purchase from sell repair parts for any products I plan on buying.

I Honestly would not care about this if you guys sold the parts for people to be able to repair it themself
But to charge $65 /h for 2 Hours
for a Job that everyone knows takes LESS THAN 1 HOUR is Wrong.
in 2 hours I could take the Entire Mavic apart, replace all the Thermal Paste, put it all back together & have a test flight.
I own a computer & electronics repair shop and know how long that repair takes, I have seen 1 of my friends do it already, and with him never having done it before, it was still finished in an hour & 10 minutes because he was removing the old board from a broken mavic so he basically did 2 of them at the same time & swapped the boards.

When you know there is a Problem with something & you choose to Limit the Warranty for That Component & Then Not sell the parts for people to be able to repair it, that is just Bad Business.
2017-10-19
Use props
OhYa
lvl.1
United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-10-19 06:38
Might not want to hear this but honestly that's actually not a bad price for the repair if it includes shipping IMO. Had the same issue but I did in fact crash mine. Paid a bit less for repair, parts and free shipping which I received within 4 days so not bad (Not DJI).

Mavic is working flawlessly !

It's not the price that kills me.
its the fact that they know there's a problem and limit the warranty on it to half the term of the other parts.
Then they charge for 2 hours labor on a 45 minute job.
2017-10-19
Use props
OhYa
lvl.1
United States

Dx_Operator Posted at 2017-10-19 12:02
No read this post, customer is told your full of crap and we are not paying for the repair.

Customer is always wrong we are the only correct ones - DJI

Wow John, Ya thats about the gist of it.
DJI Customer Service...
Guess it's just another company that only cares about the $$$ & not the customer
With so many bad posts on social media & bad press, i'm sure they will lose their foothold on the drone market to the first company that comes along with a good product & better support.
Just like iPhone dropping below 20% now vs Android
iPhone used to be over 80%, but the support & lack of non apple repair options is killing that.
Seen many companies lose huge market shares from bad customer service in the past, DJI will likely be the next one.
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules