Obvious advantages of Inspire over P3
1895 14 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

At first glance there seems to be some uproar over the P3 launch....But here are some things that stand out as obvious advantages for the inspire 1.

1. The inspire is not a phantom (toy)
2. The inspire can handle itself much better in windy conditions.
3. HDMI out - we have more options for FPV and external monitoring.
4. Props and landing gear get out of the way. HUGE for anyone wanting to look at something more than the ground.
5. 360 rotating camera allowing for more dynamic shots.
6. Dual controlers for second camera or remote monitoring.

I am sure there are plenty more advantages. Please add to this list.

Biggest advantage I can see to the Phantom is portability and safty near people...
2015-4-8
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

All above is true...But it's been marketed as "The only one to consider" now. Making it feel like the Inspire1 just doesn't cut it anymore
and it's been shelved....I would love too have both but $$$ and the Misses wont allow that any time soon .
They should have announced way earlier like they did with the I1 where at least you knew there was something new coming out not just announce it like they have and the people who may have just spend the same amount on the older model are now stuck with their old system. I would be pissed had I just bought the old P2 and not known that it's big brother is just around the corner Or even being able to Pre_Order it like the I1.
2015-4-8
Use props
tgraustin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3396490 ft
United States

Not sure about ND filter situation with the P3, but the ability to treat the inspire camera as a professional tool is definitely an advantage. Just gotta make those ND's stronger and less expensive
2015-4-8
Use props
bujao10
lvl.1

Brazil

It seem the P3 stream 720 P live video. Does I1 fly by waypoint?
2015-4-8
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bujao10@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-9 05:59
It seem the P3 stream 720 P live video

...and how is this useful to anyone doing this professionally? the stream was very unstable as shown in the live cast...
2015-4-8
Use props
bujao10
lvl.1

Brazil

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-9 06:09
...and how is this useful to anyone doing this professionally? the stream was very unstable as sho ...

well I didn't say its usefull, just what P3 has that I1 not yet. Anyway theres no chance of me buying a P3. Can't change a Ferrari for a Mustang
2015-4-8
Use props
connerinspired
lvl.1

United States

My biggest complaint with the announcement is I'm trying to find where the additional $1750.00 is going in my I1.  The design, materials used, and added functionality, larger motors, etc do not warrant a $1750.00 increase in price.

Dont get me wrong I'm already planning to pickup the P3 and I love my I1.   
2015-4-8
Use props
chris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1213051 ft
United Kingdom

I guess I'm just being hopeful but I see so many similarities in the electronics and cameras between the P3 and I1 that hopefully this will mean firmware and upgrades can be developed in tandem and therefore come out quicker.  Who knows.  Time will tell.
2015-4-8
Use props
EdgyMedia
lvl.4

Japan

I am not quite finished with the presentation, but the break between the I1 and P3 seems to be the removable camera. Granted, right now we only have  the one option, but in the long run that is going to be a huge difference.
2015-4-8
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Watched the release and do not have a problem with a Phantom 3 ...Might be my next bird to compliment my Inspire 1...I could take a price hit of $1,000 to $1300 in a riskier shoot...Nice ideas for the apps which I would think will roll out for the I1 as well...If they actually do show up...Reading between the lines it looks like there solution to GPS dropout is to double the satellites that it locks onto...Hopefully, it will work as you take a greater risk every time you get closer to trees or buildings with good old 17...The one thing that really amazed me was the presentations from different parts of the world...Santorini was a cool location and done professionally...However, Singapore was totally irresponsible...DJI ..".WHAT WERE YOU THINKING"Lets introduce a new product by a guy with a drink in one hand and everybody around him getting drunk and partying...While were at it lets launch a brand new product from the party  that is hundreds of feet high and is also flying around a highly populated city with thousands of people below in the middle of the night....Great message to send to Transport Canada or the FAA or any number of regulators that are looking for reasons to impose greater regulations on us or shut us down...While were at it lets just broadcast how irresponsible DJI is to the world so you did...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING...There is a time and place to party and that sure wasnt it...
2015-4-8
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-4-9 04:45
All above is true...But it's been marketed as "The only one to consider" now. Making it feel like th ...

...does DJI actually monitor and participate on these forums?  I've read pages of this thread, and as a duped I1 owner, share everyone's frustration!

The I1 were launched as a 'lighthouse product', but much of it's strategic advantage and differentiation were wiped of the board with the P3 announcement!

I just can't see them having made such an enormous product strategy and roadmap blunder without having thought this through.  It's critical DJI distribute a news release to all I1 owners ASAP!
2015-4-8
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder if the new camera will fit the vision 2 plus?
2015-4-8
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

david.spencer@b Posted at 2015-4-9 14:10
I wonder if the new camera will fit the vision 2 plus?

No - I've read from DJI on other forums that the camera is not sold separately or detachable for that matter.
2015-4-9
Use props
Koavog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

bujao10@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-9 05:59
It seem the P3 stream 720 P live video. Does I1 fly by waypoint?

I'm looking forward to the FW & APP update that incorporates POI & waypoints - DJI---->time is running out....
2015-4-9
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

Koavog Posted at 2015-4-10 02:48
I'm looking forward to the FW & APP update that incorporates POI & waypoints - DJI---->time is run ...

I see both the P3 and inspire 1 utilizing the DJI pilot app. I would hope there is parity between the two and their ability to use all the features in the app. We were promised that they would come to the inspire 1. Since they didn't release a date for when the P3 is coming out yet, technically POI and waypoints aren't available for that either. We just have to wait and see.... a little longer.
2015-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules