DGI Go4 taking lots of memory?
10135 8 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I notied that the DJI Go4 app is the single largest user of memory on my iPhone 6S - over 2 gigs - even after syncing with DJI and deleting all my flight history on the phone.  Also, with recent updates to iTunes, it's now hard to do much about it.  In fact, it appears that the only recourse is to delete and reinstall the app.  Have others experienced this problem?  And more importantly, is there a better solution than delete and reinstall?
2017-10-19
Use props
joesammirato
New
Flight distance : 86742 ft
United States

If the issue is the total storage capacity of your iPhone and the GO 4 app using up too much you can "offload" the app from the phone. Offloading frees up storage used by the app, but keeps documents and data. Reinstalling the app from the App Store places the data back.
2017-10-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
United States

joesammirato Posted at 2017-10-19 08:33
If the issue is the total storage capacity of your iPhone and the GO 4 app using up too much you can "offload" the app from the phone. Offloading frees up storage used by the app, but keeps documents and data. Reinstalling the app from the App Store places the data back.

Thanks Joe.  My iPhone is 16 Gigs, and I'm at 14+now.  I have seen the command to offload, but I think that might not solve my problem.  I don't think the app itself is using lots of memory, but rather data that it is keeping.  So, unload gets rid of the app but keeps all the data.  Thus, when I reload the app after an unload, won't I be back in exactly the same place?
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Are there lots of images and videos cached in the app? And you can also have a check on the APP's settings, it's on Me--upper right gear--clear cache, see if there are any other caches that are not useful, clean it.
2017-10-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-19 20:38
Are there lots of images and videos cached in the app? And you can also have a check on the APP's settings, it's on Me--upper right gear--clear cache, see if there are any other caches that are not useful, clean it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Thor.  Yup, it was the video cache - 1.5 gigs.  Easy to clear thanks to your note.  Take the rest of the day off - with pay.  Tell 'em a DJI customer said so, and customers are always right!
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-19 21:21
Thank you, thank you, thank you Thor.  Yup, it was the video cache - 1.5 gigs.  Easy to clear thanks to your note.  Take the rest of the day off - with pay.  Tell 'em a DJI customer said so, and customers are always right!

You are always welcome, it's my great pleasure to offer a help. Have a nice day.
2017-10-20
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-20 01:13
You are always welcome, it's my great pleasure to offer a help. Have a nice day.

Also offline maps can take a chunk of space.
2017-10-20
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah you're going to need to delete stuff to open up for more storage space. !6gb is hardly any space these days especially for the massive space need for the Go app. Been there, done that and now have 128 gb....what a relief.  
2017-10-20
Use props
MaxAda
lvl.2

China

A lot of images and video caches, offline maps, etc. will take up a lot of space. In addition, if you look at your iPhone storage space, you will see that "other" takes up a lot of space. It is necessary to clean up the useless files in other.
2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules