Brining drone on plane
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droner James 1
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I just booked my flight home for Christmas through Southwest and I was wondering if anyone has ever brought their drone on a plane? I have it in a secure drone book bag. Thank you!
2017-10-19
Use props
fans0f9fe6af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1779127 ft
  • >>>
United States

No issues what so ever. I've traveled nationally and internationally with my Phantom 3, then 4 and the Spark. As long as the batteries are with you in the cabin, I think you should be fine. I didn't get a single comment/question regarding my drones when going through security or boarding. I've flown my national flights with Southwest.
2017-10-19
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

I have.  Uneventful.   Not much to say about it really as I had no issues.

Now get prepared for incoming comments about needing to discharge your batteries to 49.731% or store them in bomb proof bags or other such nonsense.
2017-10-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Go here:https://www.southwest.com/html/c ... al-luggage-pol.html
... and click on Batteries down on the left to see all you need to know.
The short version is ... Make sure that you only carry batteries in your carry-on luggage.

That shouldn't be much trouble.
My experience on US flights was that everyone carries everything only in carry-on luggage.
2017-10-19
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-19 09:23
I have.  Uneventful.   Not much to say about it really as I had no issues.

Now get prepared for incoming comments about needing to discharge your batteries to 49.731% or store them in bomb proof bags or other such nonsense.

uh em...that would be 49.7321%
Common mistake, but I'd think someone of your caliber would know better...
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You can contact the airline to check the specific regulations. Tips: Fully discharge is recommended before taking the battery aboard.
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules