Mavic Pro keeps ascends at takeoff and doesn't hover
1974 7 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CanyonRunVideos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4260696 ft
United States

After downloading and installing the latest update (ver. 01.04.0000) my Mavic Pro does not ascend to 4 feet and then hover at takeoff. The Mavic Pro continues to ascend after takeoff until I make it stop using the controller.

Then during flight, if I try to descend the Mavic Pro the aircraft goes automatically into "Landing" mode instead of just lowering the aircrafts' altitude.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

2017-10-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

This seems to most commonly caused by the Mavic thinking it's still close to the ground, which in turn is a result of the bottom sensor detecting something nearby such as landing gear extensions or part of a tracking device. If you have anything like that attached to your Mavic then try flying without the accessory and also make sure there's no dirt or other debris blocking the bottom sensors.

If all that fails then retrieve the DAT file from the flight, upload it to DropBox, and provide a link here and I'll take a look. The instructions for accessing the file are here and the correct file will be tens or hundreds of megabytes in size and have a timestamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred. If you aren't able to locate the appropriate DAT file (it should be an "FC" entry in the list) on your first attempt then try powering the aircraft off and on a few times and hopefully it will eventually show up.
2017-10-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Since you did NOT have the problem before, then reset to previous version.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you noticed about the altitude that displayed on the app? Please check will the altitude change on the app. Besides, please calibrate the IMU and the Vision Positioning System and test again if it helps. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

2017-10-19
Use props
CanyonRunVideos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4260696 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-10-19 15:12
Since you did NOT have the problem before, then reset to previous version.

I did reset the firmware back to the previous version and there was no deifference.
2017-10-27
Use props
EmileMavic2
New
Flight distance : 58980 ft
South Africa

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-19 10:42
This seems to most commonly caused by the Mavic thinking it's still close to the ground, which in turn is a result of the bottom sensor detecting something nearby such as landing gear extensions or part of a tracking device. If you have anything like that attached to your Mavic then try flying without the accessory and also make sure there's no dirt or other debris blocking the bottom sensors.

If all that fails then retrieve the DAT file from the flight, upload it to DropBox, and provide a link here and I'll take a look. The instructions for accessing the file are here and the correct file will be tens or hundreds of megabytes in size and have a timestamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred. If you aren't able to locate the appropriate DAT file (it should be an "FC" entry in the list) on your first attempt then try powering the aircraft off and on a few times and hopefully it will eventually show up.

Please look at my data
Mavic Pro just replaced after gimbal madness problem
Brand new out of the box
Keeps on ascending without touching controls after take off
Then landing when down stick pushed once
Does same with secondary controller

Latest software updated twice

Thanks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd879h ... 20Shortcut.lnk?dl=0
2017-10-28
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-19 19:48
Had you noticed about the altitude that displayed on the app? Please check will the altitude change on the app. Besides, please calibrate the IMU and the Vision Positioning System and test again if it helps. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guD8qFRRv-c&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX&index=19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSqz7R5zwI&t=55s

Try this first it does fix a lot of my problems.
2017-10-28
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

EmileMavic2 Posted at 2017-10-28 08:48
Please look at my data
Mavic Pro just replaced after gimbal madness problem
Brand new out of the box

The link you provided isn't to a DAT file but to an LNK file. Please re-check and and post a new link and I'll take a look at it.
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules