No wireless signal from my Pantom 2 vision+
6864 6 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseed70dfe
New

United States

I have a Phantom 2 vision plus and I have had since purchasing it new when the came out. I have not flown it in over a year and now I have pulled it out and I am not getting any wireless signal from the range extender. I have charged everything up, have upgraded the software and firmware all to the latest versions. I have gone thru the rebinding steps for binding range extender to the camera and after i put the range extender in binding mode I see the wireless and can join the network I then scan the code from the original box and use the DJI Vision app to rebind. The binding starts but then the binding window closes and no messages if the bind completed and after re-booting everything the wireless network is not there and camera is not connected.

Below is responce I got back from DJI Support which I have tried all of the them but still not working.

According to your description, we kindly suggest you to try the methods below.

1. Please check the cable from the gimbal to the Phantom, make sure all the cables are connected properly.
2. Please connect to the Assistant software, upgrade all the firmware to the latest version. Also, please download the latest APP.
3. Please re-bind the camera and range extender, and check the APP again.
4. Please try to take the SD card out, or try with a different SD card.
5. Try different mobile devices.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas how I can get this back working?

Thanks
Robert
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried to scan the QR code which is on the bottom of the drone, rather than the code from the original box?
2017-10-19
Use props
fanseed70dfe
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-19 23:38
Have you tried to scan the QR code which is on the bottom of the drone, rather than the code from the original box?

Yes I have used both code from under the phantom and the one from the box.

Thanks
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fanseed70dfe Posted at 2017-10-20 14:23
Yes I have used both code from under the phantom and the one from the box.

Thanks

Could you please provide me with some screenshots or a short video about this issue for better assistance?
2017-10-23
Use props
harrisj67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27746 ft
Australia

Hi folks.  Seems like this connectivity/binding issue has been an on-going issue with this device since its inception!  I too seem to have fallen fowl.  I purchase a secondhand Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 recently.  I am quite wrapped with the purchase, but somewhat perplexed by not being able to bind my mobile device (tried both iPhone and Samsung Galaxy).  I know that it originally was successfully bound to the camera when purchased as I was able to connect my iPhone and stream video via the camera.  I was then having a bit of an investigation by attaching to my laptop and going through the iPhone app.  I remember having difficulty viewing photos that I took via the app that were stored on the SD card, so I decided to update the binding via the app.  Unfortunately, I changed the binding setting to that of the Mac address of the extender, which naturally stuffed up the binding!

After a lot more reading (yes, I know I should have looked at the manual first), I now know that I need to rebind to the camera Mac address on the Phantom itself.  I have followed the procedure religiously (many times), but finding the exactly the same issue as Robert.  I reset the wifi Extender, the SSID appears.  I input the Mac address into the iPhone app (iPhone does not QR Code - why not - pretty standard coding DJI).  Select the tick to accept the binding, but the iPhone goes back to the CAMERA/ALBUM/NEWS/SETTINGS screen.  When I go through a full reboot (switch off P2, switch off RC, switch off Wifi Extender...switch on Wifi Extender, switch on RC, switch on P2), and I either cannot find the SSID of the Wifi Extender or I see it but cannot link to it - connection fails.  

As I said earlier, this is a reoccurring problem that P2V+ users are having.  I have updated to the latest firmware, so that's not the issue.  Should have left it as it was...I think the viewing of files on the SD card via the app was most likely because I was saving in RAW rather than JPEG (photo greed!).  Love this device, but dearly would like to get the binding going again without shelling more money. :-) Already purchased 2 more batteries!  Flew the device a few times and it flies excellently, so mostly wrapped!
2017-10-26
Use props
CarlosMiami
lvl.1

I had the exact same problem, scanning the QR CODE on the drone and  binding it only to lose the connection right away.  After a million different experiments, I launched an app on my laptop called INSSIDER 4 to sniff the wifi networks around the drone.  Turn everything off except the drone and look for a wifi network without a name, with a mac address starting with 60:60:1F:XX:XX:XX.  THAT is the correct mac address to bind to, not the one in the qr code.  Write it down and do the binding again entering the mac address manually (not from the qr code on the drone) and you should be OK. DO NOT TRUST THE QR CODE STICKER.
2019-9-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft

Please note that this thread is two years old.

The MAC address of the P2V+ wifi module is written in plain english on a label which is stuck on top of the wifi module device installed inside the drone.  You don't have to mess with the QR code if there is one.  Most of these labels don't have QR codes, but you don't need it.  I've never seen a wifi module that had no MAC address label or the wrong MAC address label stuck on it.  

If the binding fails or succeeds but connecting still ultimately fails, the method illustrated above in post #6 will help solve the problem.

The P2V, OTOH, has no helpful label on the AC or camera.  The QR code label on the original box should work.  But still - the method illustrated in post #6 above is better - it will solve the problem simply enough.

Yes, if you have any doubts, the easiest and best way to get the MAC address of the wifi module installed within the P2V+ or the P2V is with a wifi analyzer such as that mentioned in post #6 above.  

Sometimes the P2V+ wifi module's top board will fail and it won't be sending out a wifi signal.  So this method illustrated above is better than the QR code method because it will allow you to determine the failed top board right away.  Yes, the name of the wifi signal is shown on the wifi analyzer screen as missing or <HIDDEN> xxxxxx which allows you to distinguish it from the Range Extender's wifi which will be named Phantom xxxxxx.  The x's represent the MAC address of the specific device.  If you don't see <HIDDEN> followed by 60 60 1F xx xx xx, and you've waited at least a full minute for the board to boot, chances are good that you have a wifi transmitter failure on the bird side.  On the P2V, you'll need a new egg camera.  On the P2V+, you'll need a new wifi module or at least a new top board.  Nobody outside of Shenzhen as managed to repair an FC200 egg camera with this problem as of yet.  

Good luck
2019-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules