Matrice 600 Pro + Custom Payload
2557 3 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BMcLeod
New

Australia

Hi guys,

We have a Matrice 600 Pro and looking to use it for some surveying work, we have a small form-factor computer (Nvidia Jetson TX1) with an ARM chip + Ubuntu 16.04 running on it.
Basically, the only thing I am trying to get my head around is how to go about making a button on the remote control or the iPad app send a signal to the TX1 to begin its processing.

The TX1 side of things is all fine, we have a custom program to do what we need and it all works but would like to remotely activate and deactivate the program.
How would be the best way to go about doing this? Will we need to fit a GPIO board to the TX1 to receive the signal, or is there another way?
2017-10-19
Use props
BMcLeod
New

Australia

So I now have updated to the latest firmware, and can trigger a PWM output from the A3 Pro via an assigned button on the LB2 remote controller.
How can I trigger a digital output using the same method?

I know that digital output is possible because the OSDK allows me to turn it on / off.
Why doesn't DJI Flight Assistant 2 allow me to do this too?
2017-10-31
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I take it you've downloaded all the onboard SDK source files? It may be possible to tap into the canbus of the A3 and read the event that you designate toward your task; however, you'd need a frontend on the Jetson to listen for this event and trigger your program accordingly.

On the otherhand, you could make converter fairly easy with something like a Teensy, Arduino, or similar with something like this for code: (Or use actual C++ if you're a programmer).

• #define PWM_Pin, 2
  • #define JetsonPin, 3
  • void_loop()
  • pwm_value =  pulseIN(PWM_PIN, HIGH, 20000);
  • if (pwm_value > 1500)
  • {
  • digitalWrite(JetsonPin, HIGH);
  • }
  • else
  • {
  • digitalWrite(JetsonPin, LOW);

You might be able to get away with a RC FlySoft Switch and attach one lead to your Jetson GPIO VCC and the other to your listening pin. Basically does the same thing as above.

Cheers

2017-11-4
Use props
Adam Chabok
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, KlauGeomatics has announced a new PPK GPS technology for accurate aerial surveying using DJI drones without placing ground targets. See https://www.veritypositioning.com/ for more details.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules