Phantom 3 advanced won't connect to app.
12Next >
18355 47 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbenatar
lvl.1
United States

I just upgraded firmware and upgraded remote. I ploaded DJI Go for my iphone 6s. I select my PH3A in the app "Connect your DJI device". The only thing on the screen is "How to Connect". I don't get camera view. I deleted the app an reinstalled it because it wasn't connecting. Now I got nothing. USB cord is plugged into remote and iphone, batteries are charged and devices are turned on in sequence.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried other USB cables? I would recommend you use the original USB cable of your iPhone. Besides, please try other mobile devices if you can.
2017-10-19
Use props
Flysuzu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89311 ft
Australia

G’day mbenatar - I would try relinking the P3A and remote

https://forum.dji.com/thread-94343-1-1.html

2017-10-20
Use props
Palladium91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 833 ft
France

I have the same problem. Its actually possible to relink without the app, quite easily. And i can indeed afterward, fly the drone without having the app connected to rc... tried 3 different cables...
2017-10-20
Use props
Palladium91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 833 ft
France

And 4 different devices ios and android.
When is dji starting to admit that there is an issue on their side after so many complains and not a single viable solution
2017-10-20
Use props
fansf8b5debc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft
United States

I had the same issue.
Check what your USB connection type os when you plug in the device. Mine wouldn't recognize the controller, only as a camera.
2017-10-20
Use props
colobus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45417 ft
Australia

I have the same problem after the firmware update to the RC. Have tried all suggested remedies, but none work
2017-10-21
Use props
fans4aa04f19
New

Lithuania

Updated to v01.11.0020 and the aircraft does not connect. No camera view. Neither Galaxy 7 nor iphone 6 is a difference. Never happened similar in the past with updates.
2017-10-21
Use props
fanse3aaced4
New
United States

I have the same issue. I updated the firmware last night.  My Drone was working perfect until this, P3P iPad mini,  I can't even get past the tutorial to get into app. Updated everything according to DJI instructions. now all I get is the dreaded " How To Connect" the Aircraft is connected and I can start the engines as well as control them but there is no DJI GO interface...
2018-1-26
Use props
fanse3aaced4
New
United States

I identical Issue on a P3P drone only flown 3 times... now a paperweight.  It was working perfect till i updated the FW.  I get the dreaded " How To Connect " and no further.
2018-1-26
Use props
fanse3aaced4
New
United States

I'e tried 3 different cables, and 2 different devices and I phone 8plus and a iPad mini, I even completely erased the mini and re downloaded DJI go and same thing again. Ive flown my new drone 3 whole times. HELP!!!!  Ive run out of ideas and Im a electronic tech by trade.. it's too expensive a loss. I just want my vitals and camera back. Ive done everything from every board and forum. I am connected transmitter wise. I can start the motors and control them both green lights are on. Ive got over 1,4s00 invested in this now paperweight  between 3 batteries, Hard Shell Case, Blade protectors and add ons. This may be my first and last drone if this can't be remedied. I was so excited about this till this happened. Now its a total disappointment
2018-1-26
Use props
Peter400
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40741 ft
United Kingdom

I upgraded the firmware today and now i cannot connect either cannot get past the front page on the app. deleted the app reinstalled same thing. Not sure what is going on. some body has written on another forum about the IOS upgrade conflicting with the DJI go app. Before I connected i was having trouble connecting to the gimbal as well very odd. Normally can fly in the back garden not any more at present
2018-1-26
Use props
Ddog740
New
United States

Anyone find a solution to this yet? ? ?  Upgraded my firmware to v.1.11.20 and my controller to v.1.9.3 last night and not they will not connect now.  It was working fine before the update.
2018-1-27
Use props
Ddog740
New
United States

Ddog740 Posted at 2018-1-27 06:21
Anyone find a solution to this yet? ? ?  Upgraded my firmware to v.1.11.20 and my controller to v.1.9.3 last night and not they will not connect now.  It was working fine before the update.

Flysuzu's suggestion worked for me:

G’day mbenatar - I would try relinking the P3A and remote

https://forum.dji.com/thread-94343-1-1.html

2018-1-27
Use props
Origo777
New
Lithuania

Palladium91 Posted at 2017-10-20 05:54
I have the same problem. Its actually possible to relink without the app, quite easily. And i can indeed afterward, fly the drone without having the app connected to rc... tried 3 different cables...

The DJI go App is buggy in my view with iOS 11.2.5. I have the same issue with my iPhone X. I have tried with my old iPhone 5s on iOS 10 though, and the system work flawlessly there.
2018-1-27
Use props
fansea6c2f97
lvl.1

Denmark

I have the same problem after updating, I only get to how to connect in DJI Go, I have tried everything everyone here in this thread has also tried but no change DJI may have a problem with this update as so many experience the same , I hope they find a solution soon, have not yet had it in the air, it was a gift from my father
2018-3-15
Use props
djiuser_yiyTarjb6Eby
New

United States

I re linked the controller but the app doesn't connect?
2018-10-26
Use props
fans79fe9966
lvl.1
United States

Was  a solution ever found for this problem
2019-2-9
Use props
fans79fe9966
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue with my P3A after updating the firmware on the RC it  Will not recognize any device the app  does not show that the controller is connected however I can fly the phantom just on able to use the app so it’s kind of useless
2019-2-9
Use props
fans79fe9966
lvl.1
United States

I’ve been reading this issue in many different forms but never a solution I myself have tried calling DJI technical support and they are of no help at all
2019-2-9
Use props
fans79fe9966
lvl.1
United States

I would appreciate any solution as it seems like the update has bricked my controller
2019-2-9
Use props
mbenatar
lvl.1
United States

fans79fe9966 Posted at 2-9 17:22
I would appreciate any solution as it seems like the update has bricked my controller

Yes there was a solution. I relinked my P3A to my controller, and I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Go app on my iphone.
2019-2-10
Use props
fans79fe9966
lvl.1
United States

I’m glad you found a solution however that has not helped me I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times my controller and aircraft are linked I am just not able to access the DJIGO app it’s like the RC Does not recognize a device is plugged into it
2019-2-11
Use props
mbenatar
lvl.1
United States

fans79fe9966 Posted at 2-11 11:39
I’m glad you found a solution however that has not helped me I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times my controller and aircraft are linked I am just not able to access the DJIGO app it’s like the RC Does not recognize a device is plugged into it

Have you tried a different cable between your smart phone and the remote?
2019-2-11
Use props
Maverick333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm experiencing an identical issue, I've tried replacing the USB circuit board, and every possible posted remedy.... Has anyone had any progress recently? I can't see that this update has killed off the P3A forever, surely!!! Expensive loss this one
2019-2-17
Use props
Acontat
New
Uruguay

Im having the same issue. P3A + S8
2019-2-19
Use props
RobbieM
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same problems here.
2019-2-21
Use props
mbenatar
lvl.1
United States

RobbieM Posted at 2-21 12:27
Same problems here.

Have any of you tried relinking your P3A to your remote?
2019-2-21
Use props
RobbieM
lvl.1
United Kingdom

mbenatar Posted at 2-21 17:54
Have any of you tried relinking your P3A to your remote?

I done it through DJIgo. . .But tonight I linked them manually like in the video above.  Will test tomorrow, fingers crossed it all goes well.
2019-2-22
Use props
mbenatar
lvl.1
United States

After all the other process' that didn't work, manually linking my P3A to my remote is how I got mine to reconnect with DJIGo..
2019-2-22
Use props
Pitboxer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46125 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-19 22:40
Have you tried other USB cables? I would recommend you use the original USB cable of your iPhone. Besides, please try other mobile devices if you can.

I was wondering if anyone has a fix for ESC error.  I borrowed a family members drone and i wasnt even able to turn it on. Can anyone tell me how to fix it.
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Pitboxer Posted at 3-2 20:32
I was wondering if anyone has a fix for ESC error.  I borrowed a family members drone and i wasnt even able to turn it on. Can anyone tell me how to fix it.

Hello and good day Pitboxer. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear with the trouble that you facing. May I ask, before you received this error did you experience any hard landing or a crash on the said drone before? Is the firmware of the said drone on it's most recent update?
2019-3-3
Use props
Pitboxer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-3 09:01
Hello and good day Pitboxer. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear with the trouble that you facing. May I ask, before you received this error did you experience any hard landing or a crash on the said drone before? Is the firmware of the said drone on it's most recent update?

No I was not even able to start it up I got it out of the truck put the propellers on it and turned it on stepped back and tried to take off but got the ESC ERROR Phantom 3 Adv
2019-3-3
Use props
Pitboxer
lvl.1
United States

2019-3-3
Use props
Pitboxer
lvl.1
United States

Hello and good day Pitboxer. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear with the trouble that you facing. May I ask, before you received this error did you experience any hard landing or a crash on the said drone before? Is the firmware of the said drone on it's most recent update?

2019-3-3
Use props
Pitboxer
lvl.1
United States

2019-3-3
Use props
Pitboxer
lvl.1
United States

Can you get back with me about the issue please. I have seen on here there is an update or some download that can fix the problem.
2019-3-12
Use props
Pitboxer
lvl.1
United States

Can you get back with me about the issue please. I have seen on here there is an update or some download that can fix the problem.
2019-3-12
Use props
Pitboxer
lvl.1
United States

Pitboxer Posted at 3-2 20:32
I was wondering if anyone has a fix for ESC error.  I borrowed a family members drone and i wasnt even able to turn it on. Can anyone tell me how to fix it.

Ive done all that isn’t there a download I can get if so could you please send it to me?
2019-3-12
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just got a 2nd hand P3 pro but have borrowed a P3 adv as well.
I can not connect the App to the controller with either of them.
I have tried several cables which seem to function perfectly when used in other connections and I have tried 2 phones, a Samsung S5 and a Note4 and a Tesco Hudl2 tablet. All three devices have version 3.1.52 of the App and all were downloaded recently from Google's Play Store. The two phones are listed as compatible and the neither the tablet nor the App complained about each other at any point.
As with preceeding posts, once I move off the Inspire 1 page I loose the "Camera" button and  it is replaced by a "How to Connect" button which opens a page of instructions with the bottom of  the page reading "(4) Enter camera View.
Go back to the equipment page. You should now be able to enter Camera View"
When I press the oval "camera" button the title bar contains "Disconnected" in the centre and any submenus I can enter seem to do nothing

I have tried the C1 + C2 + Record and then 'fiddling' with the "camera settings dial". I write fiddling because I am deaf and can only go by what I see in the videos and what is written in the subtitles if they are available. The latter, for ANY video, are not always accurate.
I can not hear beep codes with certainty.
In one video it appears or is subtiltled that the "camera settings dial" is "toggled" (what does that mean for this particular dial?) whilst in another it appears that it is pressed into the controller.
In those videos, once the "camera settings dial" has been fiddled with, the "Link button", #15, on the drone is momentarily pressed.

When I reach this point I DO NOT see a flashing blue light on the controller ( I have seen one mentioned in one of the videos I have watched)

It would be useful to me to know if C1, C2 & Record are meant to be pressed simultaneously or sequentially and the duration of 'each' press? Likewise what is the required movement of the "camera settings ?
dial"
When the "Link button", #15, on the drone is momentarily pressed the status LEDs start to flash yellow and continue to do so until I have switched the drone off, ditto the  link LED but red in colour.

Thanks
2019-6-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules