Phantom 3 advanced won't connect to app.
18352 47 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Success or so it seems at the moment in my case. The prob seems to have been the USB cables I was using. Tried, by chance, the phone's own cable and bingo! A working app. I am not sure what the other cables came  with.
2019-6-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

People jump on the DJI should fix this bandwagon ...

But how many people who say that - have found cables not working when they want to charge their phone ? Tried other cables and found ONE that works. Its the same problem !  The tablet / phone itself is the problem NOT DJI.

Also start up is now best :

1. Power up tablet but do not plug in cable .. do not start GO. Leave it on Home Screen
2. Power up controller
3. Power up Drone
4. Watch for Green light on Controller - visible link up
5. Now plug in cable to tablet and let it auto ask you if you want to USB / GO ...

2019-6-7
Use props
charlie2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49 ft
United Kingdom

fans79fe9966 Posted at 2-11 11:39
I’m glad you found a solution however that has not helped me I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times my controller and aircraft are linked I am just not able to access the DJIGO app it’s like the RC Does not recognize a device is plugged into it

connect controller to your phone with usb cable  ,switch on drone. app should appear usually inspire page will appear.disconnect usb from your phone. Then swipe the inspire page to the left on your Phone .Phantom 3 page will appear ,then reconnect your phone with usb cable . the app should then connect to your phantom .then click on camera view. worked for me and simple solution
2019-7-15
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

None of this works, its a firmware bug.  I tried everything, including buying a brand new cable from the Apple store.  DJI's fix to everything is to send in the unit.  Doesn't work well here in the USA.  I ended up buying another controller from a wrecked P3P on Ebay.  I didn't upgrade that controller and won't and it works fine with the same damn cables I tried with my prior controller so quit using that as an excuse DJI.  DJI doesn't provide a way to downgrade firmware on the P3's, but does on others, what the heck is up with that? Solution, get another controller and don't upgrade the firmware (ever).
2019-7-16
Use props
I_in_the_sky
lvl.1
United States

Pitboxer Posted at 3-3 09:17
No I was not even able to start it up I got it out of the truck put the propellers on it and turned it on stepped back and tried to take off but got the ESC ERROR Phantom 3 Adv

I just posted about the same issue. Feel free to read my post because I did a lot of stuff that other people found useful but it still hasn't helped me. It seems like these firmware updates are a scam to render our drones useless so that we are forced to buy a new one or pay DJI to get it fixed.
2019-7-23
Use props
I_in_the_sky
lvl.1
United States

solentlife Posted at 6-7 05:34
People jump on the DJI should fix this bandwagon ...

But how many people who say that - have found cables not working when they want to charge their phone ? Tried other cables and found ONE that works. Its the same problem !  The tablet / phone itself is the problem NOT DJI.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I think it's safe to say that most people try a different cable and device. And in my case, the device and cable are practically brand new. They also work on my other drone just fine. So spare me with the device and cable bull ....
2019-7-23
Use props
I_in_the_sky
lvl.1
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-5 17:10
I just got a 2nd hand P3 pro but have borrowed a P3 adv as well.
I can not connect the App to the controller with either of them.
I have tried several cables which seem to function perfectly when used in other connections and I have tried 2 phones, a Samsung S5 and a Note4 and a Tesco Hudl2 tablet. All three devices have version 3.1.52 of the App and all were downloaded recently from Google's Play Store. The two phones are listed as compatible and the neither the tablet nor the App complained about each other at any point.

that camera dial on the right can be pressed in, kinda like how you can press the scroll button on a mouse.
2019-7-23
Use props
fanscc96f497
New

Finland

Just updated my P3P RC. Now it does not even charge any mobile device like it used to do. I have manually made a new connection to the drone (can turn the camera) but the app won’t recognise the connection. It is clear that the RC firmware update caused this problem. What now DJI? No, it has nothing to do with cables and mobile devices.
2020-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules