Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cache Mode - Endless Recording Loop
2138 21 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1a82e634
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4703606 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Occationally I got a very strange issue with my DJI GO 4 App for my P4P.

I record video. Then either in flight I want to take pictures, so I stop recording and try to enter photo mode. However the record button would get a transparent smartphone symbol overlay and state something that it would now record to my phone in "cache mode" and immediately - without my action - it would start recording again.

This seems sometimes unstoppable. Sometimes it works with the record button on the remote. Sometimes it does not. I did disable any phone caching by default.

Using Android, Samsung Galaxy S8. DJI Go 4.1.10

Daniel

2017-10-19
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

The NSA has hacked your device and is using your UAV to conduct surveillance...

No, seriously...I've noticed some bugyness with 4.1.10 on one of my devices.  I think it has to do with compatibility with your device, the GO 4 app may not be ready for prime time with the S8, maybe.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that clears the issue?  Also, try using another device to see if you get the same issue.
good luck
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Are you using the original SD card of the drone? Try to format the SD card, see if it is better.
2017-10-19
Use props
fans1a82e634
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-19 21:41
The NSA has hacked your device and is using your UAV to conduct surveillance...

No, seriously...I've noticed some bugyness with 4.1.10 on one of my devices.  I think it has to do with compatibility with your device, the GO 4 app may not be ready for prime time with the S8, maybe.

Haha. Good one. Indeed trying to re-install to see if it helps. Thanks!
2017-10-19
Use props
fans1a82e634
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-19 22:46
Are you using the original SD card of the drone? Try to format the SD card, see if it is better.

No. I got multiple others. I can try to format to see if it helps. Thanks!
2017-10-19
Use props
15matjan
Captain
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This happens to me when my AC SD card became full. Have you checked the available space on the drone's SD card ?
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans1a82e634 Posted at 2017-10-19 23:01
No. I got multiple others. I can try to format to see if it helps. Thanks!

Please also try the original SD card, see if it works properly. Keep us updated, please.
2017-10-20
Use props
haussmann_visua
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

15matjan Posted at 2017-10-19 23:22
This happens to me when my AC SD card became full. Have you checked the available space on the drone's SD card ?

Interesting thought. I do not think it went full - but I gotta check that next time.

In any case I would wonder whether that can be switched off. I either want to record to the SD card, or not at all.
2017-10-20
Use props
15matjan
Captain
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

haussmann_visua Posted at 2017-10-20 12:49
Interesting thought. I do not think it went full - but I gotta check that next time.

In any case I would wonder whether that can be switched off. I either want to record to the SD card, or not at all.

It records on the AC SD card only when you press the recording taste on the RC
2017-10-23
Use props
ckk.post
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-19 22:46

Have you figured out what does it?
mine does it too
I have phantom 4 pro +
everything updated
Do it on all my cards
2017-11-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

haussmann_visua Posted at 2017-10-20 12:49

'Interesting thought. I do not think it went full - but I gotta check that next time. '

Depending upon how many times you use the aircraft, it can fill up without you realising. The aircraft records a lot of information to hidden folders on the SD card, so if you are in the habit of cutting and pasting material off the card, the hidden material is still there. The best technique is to copy off all the material after a flight and then format the card in the aircraft. This leaves it completely empty.
2017-11-11
Use props
ckk.post
Second Officer
Denmark

ckk.post Posted at 2017-11-11 11:59

mine does it too
I have phantom 4 pro +
everything updated
Do it on all my cards

can even add after about 30 seconds
 you can see where you can see how many minutes are left and record in
it start to write writing slowly?
2017-11-12
Use props
haussmann_visua
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

ckk.post Posted at 2017-11-12 01:32

I have not really tested it since. What device are you using with the drone? I have a Samsung Galaxy S8
2017-11-12
Use props
ckk.post
Second Officer
Denmark

haussmann_visua Posted at 2017-11-12 08:35
I have not really tested it since. What device are you using with the drone? I have a Samsung Galaxy S8

I have phantom 4 pro + with built-in display
2017-11-12
Use props
haussmann_visua
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

ckk.post Posted at 2017-11-12 10:33
I have phantom 4 pro + with built-in display

Interesting that it appears there,  too. So far I thought its because of my phone.
2017-11-13
Use props
ckk.post
Second Officer
Denmark

haussmann_visua Posted at 2017-11-13 14:48
Interesting that it appears there,  too. So far I thought its because of my phone.

yes and a little sad there is no one who can give an answer
However, had expected and received a reply from ?

Dji Diana

2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ckk.post Posted at 2017-11-14 08:42

yes and a little sad there is no one who can give an answer

Sorry for the late reply, I was on my holiday, you have this issue with the original SD card of the drone? Could you please post a short video about it here for better assistance?
2017-11-16
Use props
ckk.post
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-16 00:50
Sorry for the late reply, I was on my holiday, you have this issue with the original SD card of the drone? Could you please post a short video about it here for better assistance?

Have just checked it does not make it on the original card ?
on my other cards i can not stop recording when it does it
I need to take out the card or turn off the drone
to stop recording
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ckk.post Posted at 2017-11-16 09:56
Have just checked it does not make it on the original card ?
on my other cards i can not stop recording when it does it
I need to take out the card or turn off the drone

So, there is no issue with the original SD card, this issue only occurs on your other SD cards? If yes, this may be an SD card compatibility issue. We recommend you use the SD card which is on the compatibility list.   1.png
2017-11-17
Use props
ckk.post
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-17 01:17
So, there is no issue with the original SD card, this issue only occurs on your other SD cards? If yes, this may be an SD card compatibility issue. We recommend you use the SD card which is on the compatibility list.  [view_image]

Thank you for the reply I have to buy one of the cards and see what happens
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ckk.post Posted at 2017-11-17 14:36
Thank you for the reply I have to buy one of the cards and see what happens

Okay, please keep me posted, thanks.
2017-11-19
Use props
andy10
First Officer
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I think this is set up for the reason to loose less video while you take the photo. Well. this is justt a thought. Several times I forgot filming again after taking the photo.
I had the problem that the camera stopped filming after 2 min. because of the full cash buffer. May this is not the case at you, but I solved this by switching off the cash function.
Do you use the button to stop filming on the mobile device or on the RC? Did you tried to use them both?
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules