2457 31 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm very concerned because today I experienced yet another 'aircraft disconnected'.

Again, it was when I was using my new DJI Crystal Sky monitor (5.5")

I was flying in a completely unobstructed wide open countryside space next to a Lake.

No lead up or sign of a problem when BOOM...up comes the 'red' aircraft disconnected prompt.

The BIGGER problem is nothing I do, including 'reboot'-power  off/on...seems to be able to reconnect the go app 4 to the aircraft.

Ultimately the only thing to do seems to initiate RTH.

Anyone current having this issue with the Crystal Sky monitor?

I'd like to hear what DJI has to say about this!?
2017-10-19
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

My P4P plus (with the same super-slow display) does this.  You're better off with a phone, because it WILL reconnect after a reboot.  I say 'slow' because the processor in it is weak to maximize profits.  Shame, because it's very bright.
2017-10-19
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-10-19 21:34
My P4P plus (with the same super-slow display) does this.  You're better off with a phone, because it WILL reconnect after a reboot.  I say 'slow' because the processor in it is weak to maximize profits.  Shame, because it's very bright.

Unacceptable that DJI would come up with a half-baked product.

Yes, the brightness and clarity is far superior to mobile/tablet displays.

I question using a cheaper Android base processor!

Too cheap to pay the IOS licensing fee I suppose.

They'd better fix this with a complete overhaul or some sort of firmware upgrade.

Totally unacceptable DJI shame on you.
2017-10-20
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85607 ft
Belgium

geoffz Posted at 2017-10-20 03:06
Unacceptable that DJI would come up with a half-baked product.

Yes, the brightness and clarity is far superior to mobile/tablet displays.

I was having the same issue with my CS... but i changed the cable to a high speed, more sturdier one... and pressed the usb-c connector much deeper then i tried the first couple of times.. until i heard a 'click'

I haven't had the problem for 1 week now... but i'm not sure it's fixed yet. I haven't used my mavic much this week.

It seemed me being carefull not to damage the usb-c connection on the CS caused me to not fully plug the cable in...i feel stupid should this fix my problem...
2017-10-20
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Incentio Posted at 2017-10-20 03:41
I was having the same issue with my CS... but i changed the cable to a high speed, more sturdier one... and pressed the usb-c connector much deeper then i tried the first couple of times.. until i heard a 'click'

I haven't had the problem for 1 week now... but i'm not sure it's fixed yet. I haven't used my mavic much this week.

What type of mount do you have?

I have the relatively new DJI CS mount designed for the Mavic.

The monitor to USBc cable is extremely short and as a result becomes crimped by having to double back on itself in a very small space.

I will try using the side micro port to see if that makes a difference.

Only problem with that is the need for another mount to attached to the RC.
2017-10-20
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

And we are seeing so may reports about this problem....Concerns!!!!
2017-10-20
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-20 09:12
And we are seeing so may reports about this problem....Concerns!!!!

"And we are seeing so many reports about this problem....Concerns!!!! "

yes, something has to be done to obviate this seemingly inherent flaw in the design of the Crystal Sky monitor.

I applaud the brightness, clarity, resolution but to have it abruptly disconnect with the RC is unacceptable.
2017-10-20
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have the 5.5 and 7.5 CS and never had a problem!
2017-10-20
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I just updated the firmware on my CS a few days ago to the latest. I also received the new quiet props a couple of days ago so I decided to test them out. In my test flight I accidently pressed the C2 button on the RC which caused the GO APP on CS to freeze up. I had to close it and go back in. Well....I accidently pressed C2 again and the app froze again. I don't know what that button is configured to do and I've not customized it so I'm not sure what is going on and I haven't had time to investigate it.
2017-10-20
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Giving up on buying this one.... thanks for the reports guys...
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please clarify what firmware version both the Mavic and the CrystalSky are running on?
2017-10-20
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

geoffz Posted at 2017-10-20 08:29

I created my own mount and ordered a small cable online...

IMG-20171005-WA0004.jpg IMG-20171009-WA0012.jpg

In the first picture i used a S8 Phone cable .. but it was too long ..
2017-10-21
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Incentio Posted at 2017-10-21 00:05
I created my own mount and ordered a small cable online...

[view_image][view_image]

Well done!

3d printed?
2017-10-21
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

geoffz Posted at 2017-10-21 00:51
Well done!

3d printed?

No a piece of Black perspex.  Measured the battery and cut a hole for it ... viled of the corners and used 2 small bars glued to the persex' sides to make sure it's fixed withing the clamps.

Also 2 small pieces of velcro to make everything stick.. works like a charm

2017-10-21
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

geoffz Posted at 2017-10-21 00:51
Well done!

3d printed?

and also thnx !
2017-10-21
Use props
ROGAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62064 ft
Australia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-10-19 21:34

Interesting comment about the screen and speed or lack of with the Processor, typical DJI greedy little things they are so typical if or I should say when some serious competition fly into town they are going to get such a shock at how fast customers will leave them I think.
They just don’t get it they just keep gouging every where they can such a shame really
2017-10-21
Use props
ROGAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62064 ft
Australia

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-10-20 12:59
I just updated the firmware on my CS a few days ago to the latest. I also received the new quiet props a couple of days ago so I decided to test them out. In my test flight I accidently pressed the C2 button on the RC which caused the GO APP on CS to freeze up. I had to close it and go back in. Well....I accidently pressed C2 again and the app froze again. I don't know what that button is configured to do and I've not customized it so I'm not sure what is going on and I haven't had time to investigate it.

It’s default is fixed wing mode
2017-10-21
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

geoffz Posted at 2017-10-20 08:29

I use this mount and have never had a disconnect issue, use independent 10" Type C USB

2017-10-21
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-20 20:18
Could you please clarify what firmware version both the Mavic and the CrystalSky are running on?

Mavic is on 01.03.0900
CrystalSky is on 02.03.00.00

2017-10-21
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-20 20:18

The Crystalsky is running V02.30.00.00

The Mavic is running V01.04.0000

2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

When the red message red Aircraft Disconnected, you can still control the drone by RC, right? Post the a picture of the error message and RC indicator, I'd like to look into the exact status.
2017-10-22
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 22:34
When the red message red Aircraft Disconnected, you can still control the drone by RC, right? Post the a picture of the error message and RC indicator, I'd like to look into the exact status.

I can't reproduce the problem on demand... and i don't have a picture yet...

I'll try to update as soon as i can.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Incentio Posted at 2017-10-23 00:21
I can't reproduce the problem on demand... and i don't have a picture yet...

I'll try to update as soon as i can.

Did you notice this after updating the CrystalSky monitor or the Mavic? On the Mavic end, have you tried either reapplying the firmware or resetting to factory defaults via the Assistant 2 software? For the CrystalSky monitor, have you tried factory resetting it via the Settings section?
2017-10-23
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 10:01
Did you notice this after updating the CrystalSky monitor or the Mavic? On the Mavic end, have you tried either reapplying the firmware or resetting to factory defaults via the Assistant 2 software? For the CrystalSky monitor, have you tried factory resetting it via the Settings section?

haven't tried resetting to factory default .. will try that when the weather clears in my area so i can fly again ...

thnx for the feedback .. will keep it posted here
2017-10-23
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Incentio Posted at 2017-10-23 10:05
haven't tried resetting to factory default .. will try that when the weather clears in my area so i can fly again ...

Yesterday I had the CS monitor simply freeze in the middle of flying.  

No red disconnect prompt...the image just froze.

Initiated RTH and upon landing safely rebooted the monitor and it reconnected to the RC.

2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Incentio Posted at 2017-10-23 10:05

No problem, please keep us posted whenever you have the chance.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

geoffz Posted at 2017-10-23 10:35
Yesterday I had the CS monitor simply freeze in the middle of flying.  

No red disconnect prompt...the image just froze.

Are you using this with a Mavic as well? What firmware versions are you running on both the craft and the monitor? Have you tried the steps mentioned on #23 to see if that alleviates the issue?
2017-10-23
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 11:48
Are you using this with a Mavic as well? What firmware versions are you running on both the craft and the monitor? Have you tried the steps mentioned on #23 to see if that alleviates the issue?

Calibrated the vision sensors

Calibrated the IMU

We'll see how the next flights go.

fyi: earlier firmware on the mavic and up-to-date on the CS.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

geoffz Posted at 2017-10-23 15:09
Calibrated the vision sensors

Calibrated the IMU

When you say you're on earlier firmware, do you mean the Mavic is on v01.03.1000 or earlier firmware than that. Please let me know how the next flight goes at your earliest convenience. If it persists, updating the firmware and/or resetting to factory defaults via the Assistant 2 would be the next course of action.
2017-10-24
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 11:32

So far i haven't had the problem again.

I'm using a different cable and had to press it in real hard... (until i heard a click)

Let's hope it stays this way.. i'll post it here when it happens again...

2017-10-31
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 11:32

Ok i haven't reset to factory default but since the new cable i haven't had the problem again.

I flew my AC 800 m away (wich before i was afraid of due to the connection issues).. and had no problems...

So for me i think it was the cable (i used samsung S8 cable .. then i bought new high speed one but that one had to be plugged in better ...)

Thanks to every1 for the input!
2017-11-7
Use props
Funkmaster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70774 ft
Barbados

I am using the Dji mount on my Phantom 4 Pro and i get constant disconnects on my 7.85 CS.  I can fly all day with my iPad Air 2 but can't manage 2 minutes with this Crystalsky.  I'm using the latest firmware on both devices and yes before you ask I have reset the CS by going into the settings several times.  Really need some help with this problem.
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules