DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The following content orginials from : DJI BUYING GUIDE
LEARN MORE:https://store.dji.com/guides
How to Use Spark’s Pano Mode

Sometimes in aerial photography you want to capture more and go beyond the frame size. But how do you reach a crystal clear, wide-angle image with the Spark’s 25mm equivalent lens?
Spark’s panorama mode can help you achieve that. Now, let’s take a look at how to use Spark’s Panorama mode to get breathtaking landscape photos with low distortion.
Spark Panorama Modes
So far Spark is the only DJI drone which features the panoramic photo shooting. It supports horizontal, vertical and 180° Panorama modes.
In horizontal mode, Spark will automatically take nine photos and stitch them together for a dynamic wide-angle panorama shot. While the vertical Panorama mode will take three photos and stitch them together vertically to produce a 16:9 aspect ratio image.
In addition to the existing vertical and horizontal Spark Panorama modes, DJI recently introduced a new 180° Panorama mode which can stitch 21 photos together to create a 180° panoramic photo.
Horizontal Spark Panorama Shooting
First, tap camera settings and select the horizontal mode under the Panorama mode, then adjust the gimbal tilt, tap the shooting button to start shooting.
During the shooting process, the aircraft will use the current location as the initial position and auto pan. Spark will automatically tilt the camera to take 9 photos. When it’s done, the aircraft will return to the initial position.
Vertical Spark Panorama Shooting
Similarly, by tapping on the camera settings, you will be able to select the vertical mode under the Panorama mode and start shooting.
During the shooting process, the aircraft will remain hovering, the camera will automatically capture three photos from the chosen composition. It will start from middle frame, followed by upper frame and completed with the low angle frame.
In horizontal and vertical mode, if you tilt the camera down, Spark will automatically rotate around the current position to capture photos.  However, in 180° Panorama mode, the gimbal will keep a fixed central position.
180° Spark Panorama Shooting
Make sure that you have installed the latest firmware on your drone and remote controller and the latest DJI GO 4 mobile app in order to use the 180° Pano mode. Once you have updated the firmware and the DJI GO 4 app, you will be able to select the 180° mode under the Pano mode and start shooting.
Stitch Photos into Panoramas
After you finish your panoramic photo shooting, you can tap the playback button to check photos. By tapping the photo you’ve captured, DJI GO 4 will automatically stitch them into a panoramic photo. Don’t disconnect the aircraft while stitching because your phone needs to download photos from the aircraft. After it’s done, click the download button, the panoramic photo will automatically be saved to your phone.
If you want a high-resolution photo, you can use DJI Media Maker or other stitching software to easily stitch RAW images into a panorama.
It should be noted that when the aircraft’s GPS signal is weak, the surface texture is not clear or when it’s in strong wind, the aircraft may not perform precision hovering. This might affect the stitching quality.
Now you know how to take panos with your Spark,  so feel free to share them with us in our Offical Owners Facebook group and Skypixel.

2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, all~any ideas are welcome here, just sharing
2017-10-19
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-10-19 23:29
Hi, all~any ideas are welcome here, just sharing

Why is this in a Mavic forum?
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

AussieFlyer Posted at 2017-10-20 00:23
Why is this in a Mavic forum?

Basically, it is released in TUTORIAL and then I top and highlight this thread to let more people get this tutorial. So you can see it in every section of the forum~Like the digest ones and some announcement of our products/activities/regulations can be seen in every section~ Hope this useful~
2017-10-20
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Beside that the Phantoms don't have Spark's Pano Mode, you're making some nice tutorials, thanks

Regarding the DJI Media Maker, are there a page describing this SW and is there more DJI SW somewhere that might be practical when droning around? - never heard of this before.
2017-10-20
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.3
United States

Any idea when those of us with the CrystalSky will be able to do the 21 shot pano?
2017-10-20
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Why is this showing up in the Phantom section?
2017-10-20
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-20 01:42
Why is this showing up in the Phantom section?

Gash, topic is sticked so appear in all forum cats..

Nice tut but u should mention abut merging panos more - especially in 3rd part apps. Pano merged by Go4 is low quality. For example i use adobe lightroom + adobe cc 2017 to merge and tune - perfect combo.
2017-10-20
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

medyq69 Posted at 2017-10-20 01:55
Gash, topic is sticked so appear in all forum cats..

Nice tut but u should mention abut merging panos more - especially in 3rd part apps. Pano merged by Go4 is low quality. For example i use adobe lightroom + adobe cc 2017 to merge and tune - perfect combo.

Sure I get that, however, the top listed items on the Phantom forum section is getting so long that you have to start scrolling down to see what is the most current postings/replies.
Nothing against Sparks just rather not see that product specific material on another product section.
Thanks!
2017-10-20
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-20 02:01
Sure I get that, however, the top listed items on the Phantom forum section is getting so long that you have to start scrolling down to see what is the most current postings/replies.
Nothing against Sparks just rather not see that product specific material on another product section.
Thanks!

I have to agree, the sticky should be important info for the Phantom, a better solution would be to make the Tutorial Forum more visible on the menu.

Edit: Corrected link
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-20 02:08
I have to agree, the sticky should be important info for the Phantom, a better solution would be to make the Tutorial Forum more visible on the menu.

Appreciated the advice~We are now working on improving the forum system to create a more convenient and comfortable operation environment for our users. So just sharing any of your ideas about this.
2017-10-20
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-20 02:08

I agree, good idea!
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-20 02:01
Thanks!

Appreciated that what you mentioned~ And I will try to collect or create more instructional/nice content for each section. For the later content, I will post more about Phantom~ Keep up with us!!!Happy to getting your ideas here
2017-10-20
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-10-20 02:25
Appreciated that what you mentioned~ And I will try to collect or create more instructional/nice content for each section. For the later content, I will post more about Phantom~ Keep up with us!!!Happy to getting your ideas here

Thank you and yes please!
I liked your "Three Ways to Create Depth..." tutorial and would like more of that info

However, as I noted previous, I would just like to see product specific info either in that other product section or as KedDK stated that we put this useful and helpful tutorials in a section of their own.
Either that or keep them product specific and applicable but better control all the top listed items being put there, that list, of late, has been growing.

Again thank you for your consideration!
2017-10-20
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-20 02:44
Thank you and yes please!
I liked your "Three Ways to Create Depth..." tutorial and would like more of that info

I agree!
2017-10-20
Use props
RaspPiGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35594 ft
Canada

Thanks for this -- I'm inspired to go out and try it some more this weekend
2017-10-20
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

And, all the owners of MP are expecting this possibility to be delievered to us!
It would be nice!
2017-10-20
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought the pano's on the spark were great then I'm came across DJI Media Maker to stitch them and WOW - it takes them to a whole new level.
2017-10-20
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

> If you want a high-resolution photo, you can use DJI Media Maker or other stitching software to easily stitch RAW images into a panorama.

RAW images?

The Spark does not capture in RAW. :-/

2017-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

TranceMist Posted at 2017-10-20 09:56
> If you want a high-resolution photo, you can use DJI Media Maker or other stitching software to easily stitch RAW images into a panorama.

I think she (?) means the jpg's from the SD card. Also referred to as the 'raw' pictures from the pano.
2017-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very decent tutorial and great pictures.
2017-10-20
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

Would be awesome if DJI "allowed" all their drones to have this feature...
2017-10-20
Use props
fans0c10c3ea
lvl.3
United States

Using the Spark / CrystalSky combo, Is the 21 picture panorama coming anytime soon?
2017-10-21
Use props
joangomezpons
New
Flight distance : 126558 ft
Spain

Great explanation and examples! I want to get a 360º spherical image and I'm currently playing with all these pano modes.
2017-10-21
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Why is this showing up in the Mavic section?
2017-10-21
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-10-21 13:31
Why is this showing up in the Mavic section?

Maybe DJI wants you to be jealous that their "flagship" portable drone doesn't have this feature and you'll by a Spark as well?  
2017-10-22
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

When can this feature be expected on the more powerful Mavic?
2017-10-22
Use props
drsnig9
Banned

United States

If you need help with hacking any apple devices I know a right source who can help you with any form of hack which you may need help with my contacts email address  cyberkahn12@gmail.com
Tell him Leo referred you
2017-10-22
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-10-22 03:17
When can this feature be expected on the more powerful Mavic?

They will put this when they release a new FW (with new geofencing and performance limitations) , so you won't resist to upgrade....
2017-10-22
Use props
Max Max Max
New
Flight distance : 104203 ft
Hong Kong

Finally somewhere where i can post, cant make a new topic etc. Anyway been messaging with DJI support and its no help at all. Ive provided screenshots and video of my phones screen to show exactly what im pressing etc. Phone is connected to RC and that to Spark and i cant freaking do panoramas while im in nature in Thailand and leaving soon. So freaking sad about it and support just copy pastes me answers. basically i can do good std single shot pictures and all the videos and tracking etc features. Not panoramas, not any of the 3 options.
It just shows:
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZizlX7Zu4nAJ21mnS5GQGaJ1oOQnuhKdYQX

And i have tried this 10m up, 30m up,100m up, no wind, still pictures, very stabile etc etc.... Have the fastest SD card available that spark had on the suggested sd card sheet.

Cheers fellowe droners!
2017-10-23
Use props
Edward190
Banned

India

Thanks for posting a detailed guide on this. This is really helpful. Moviebox Download
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Max Max Max Posted at 2017-10-23 01:17
Finally somewhere where i can post, cant make a new topic etc. Anyway been messaging with DJI support and its no help at all. Ive provided screenshots and video of my phones screen to show exactly what im pressing etc. Phone is connected to RC and that to Spark and i cant freaking do panoramas while im in nature in Thailand and leaving soon. So freaking sad about it and support just copy pastes me answers. basically i can do good std single shot pictures and all the videos and tracking etc features. Not panoramas, not any of the 3 options.
It just shows:
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZizlX7Zu4nAJ21mnS5GQGaJ1oOQnuhKdYQX

Hi, just replied your own thread, please check it.
2017-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to have a separate Tutorial menu option!
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-8 14:17
Nice to have a separate Tutorial menu option!

hahaha
Look forward to your suggestions if there anything you wanna see here
2017-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-8 18:19
hahaha
Look forward to your suggestions if there anything you wanna see here

When I think of something I will let you know!
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-8 23:10
When I think of something I will let you know!

deal!
2017-11-8
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

There's something I've been doing manually with the phantom 4 and 4 pro for a while - which is very time consuming... is HDR 360°s

Is there a way to send word to the developers for a way to combine the 5 way exposure bracketing to the pano modes?

There are quite a few examples on my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/ReubsVi ... ?type=3&theater

Best viewed in full screen HD - looks fab on a retina screen too...
2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_t2FbYAT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33950 ft
United States

pano not working

I've been trying to get this feature to work since I got my spark last month. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I consistently get an error. It's either "shooting is not permitted", "linking canceled due to shooting timeout", or "take off and try again". What I have tried:
  • flown in multiple areas some restricted airspace where I have bypass the security after obtaining ATC clearance, others in unrestricted airspace.
  • sport mode both on and off
  • both with and without OTG cable
  • I've tried all the shooting modes, vertical, wide, sphere etc.
My setup:
  • running DJI Go 4 app on a Galaxy Note 8
  • latest firmware on drone and controller

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'd hate to have to send it in or get it replaced. It certainly seems like a software issue.

telling me to take off and try again even tho i'm already in the air

telling me to take off and try again even tho i'm already in the air
Screenshot_20180125-155312.jpg Screenshot_20180125-155228.jpg Screenshot_20180125-155213.jpg

Also if anyone else gets incorrect telemetry on flight data light altitude, speed and distance. That seems to be hit or miss if it works or not. Any tips would be appreciated.
2018-1-25
Use props
djiuser_t2FbYAT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33950 ft
United States

Reuben Pillay Posted at 2018-1-23 06:19
There's something I've been doing manually with the phantom 4 and 4 pro for a while - which is very time consuming... is HDR 360°s

Is there a way to send word to the developers for a way to combine the 5 way exposure bracketing to the pano modes?

is that link publicly accessible? I'm getting a 500 server error from facebook when I try to hit it.
2018-1-25
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-10-20 02:16
Appreciated the advice~We are now working on improving the forum system to create a more convenient and comfortable operation environment for our users. So just sharing any of your ideas about this.

Still waiting for Improved search feature Miss Grace.... remember me ..... Donnie !!

come on now, get er done!!!

thanks

*** You Must understand it is basically worthless in the current form .

2018-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules