tablet
1572 11 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wicked weasel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi can anyone reccommend the best reasonably priced tablet to use with the controller? what would be a good spec? i dont want to spend a lot of money if i dont have to. i have tried my iphone but its just to small for me.

2017-10-20
Use props
KenTbk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327644 ft
Singapore

i think the ideal size should be around 7 inch. i did have one Nexus 7 2013. so far so good. but you may consider Ipad mini too much more stable.
2017-10-20
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

What is "reasonably priced" to you?  That seems to be in conflict with your desire for "good specs" and "best".

If you're fine with running Litchi, I get away with using a $49 Amazon tablet.  I'm happy with it except for glare in sunlight, but I now have goggles for those situations.  It won't run DJI Go without an unacceptable amount of lag though.  Then again few things will!  I suspect that most pilots who are running budget tablets and running that bloated trashy app called DJI Go (and are happy with it) aren't flying FPV near obstacles.  When you're drifting towards an obstacle, you need to see it now, not 400ms delayed and at <10fps.
2017-10-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha wicked,

The ASUS Zenpad 3S 10 9.7" sells for less than $300 on Amazon.  

https://www.amazon.com/ZenPad-20 ... C1-GR/dp/B01MATMXZV

9.7" 2K IPS Display (2048 x 1536) with ASUS TruVivid technology for better visual experience and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 cover glass for tougher and more damage resistant protection.

Powerful dual Core ARM Cortex 2.1 GHz combined with quad Core ARM Cortex 1.7 GHz, 64 bit MediaTek processor.

Easily handle games and speed up productivity with super-fast hexa-core processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage and IMG GX6250 graphics.

These are good specs for a tablet.  But, any tablet that can easily handle games, as noted, works well with DJI's cutting edge products.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2017-10-20
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

This really a "loaded" question for sure. It is kind of like wanting the best but don't want to spend much money. You will get all kinds of suggestions here. Just keep in mind that if using the GO app, it takes a lot of processing. Your cheaper tablets may work, but I think a good spec to use is something that has at least 1.8 ghz processor. Lesser cpu speeds may work, but more than likely you will suffer some lagging or even crashing of the app. That is why most of the later model phones usually work pretty good, because they are in that 2.2 ghz or higher range, but yes very small in size. The IOS tablets and phones have good processor speeds, but that is what you are paying that high price for. The lower end android tablets are reasonable and seem attractive, but if you look most do not have the horsepower, until you get into the $400-$500 range and now you have the power, but comes at a price. Those with a cpu speed of 1.2 ghz which is quite common will struggle to keep up. There is no definite correct answer in my opinion. A lot of us use the Nvidia because it has good processor speed, made strictly for gaming which doesn't need all the bloat-ware and crap that comes on our android phones, and used to sell new for $200. But these are no longer being manufactured, but really work well. You got a fast cpu with a reasonable price tag that works. If you were ok with a used one of these, they work very well and you can find them on Ebay here in the US or maybe you have a different type of seller over there. There are many others that will work too. Just because it is not on DJI's list doesn't mean a device won't work. Many users will tell you they have good luck with a lot of devices. Keep reading and searching on this forum and others. There are a lot of suggestions out there.
Anyway, whatever you decide, if you use and android device, (which will more than likely be a cheaper investment than an IOS device)  try to disable all other apps possible to help with the processing. In my opinion, if you use the device for dedicated phantom use only, you will be better off. A lot of people will suggest only the IOS devices, and it does seem DJI tends to lean in that direction, but even those older tablets are not enough to keep up with the Go app. Which forces you into at least a tablet that is fairly new and you will pay more money for these, but yes they will work well, and if you are using an I-phone, it sounds like you are an a Apple guy already. Have fun shopping!
Hope this makes some sense.
2017-10-20
Use props
wicked weasel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for your advice, you're right it was a bit of a loaded question because i did want something good for the drone with out spending a lot of money if i didn't have to. I think an investment in something more powerful than the tablets i have at the moment is needed when i can afford it, in the meantime i will stick with the iPhone
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would suggest you to consider one of the recommended mobile devices to ensure the performance: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2017-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I found the iPad Air2 Cellular, to be a powerhouse and workhorse.

As good as it gets, and the prices are way down, from when we bought it new.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-23
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I have a mint condition IPad mini 4 gold for sale if you are interested. With box.
2017-10-23
Use props
wicked weasel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2017-10-23 21:03
I have a mint condition IPad mini 4 gold for sale if you are interested. With box.

what sort of money are you look for?
2017-10-24
Use props
wicked weasel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2017-10-23 21:03

email me at jhmarran@aol.com

thanks
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules