Does anyone put Contact Information On Drone?
7211 33 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_tO6mpXc
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

Newbie here.

I was wondering how many of you put some type of contact information on your Spark and/or batteries in case they become lost due to fly aways or ???

I'm thinking of a Name & Cell Number. Also maybe a "Reward If Found" message.

What are your thoughts??

2017-10-20
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

We are regulated to do so in Canada, but haven't done it yet.  Can't seem to find a nice way to put it on my spark.
2017-10-20
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Get trained in martial arts first!
2017-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s a very practical idea, I have seen a few AC been found sent to the IAA here in Ireland who have tried to find owners, so yes go for it I might do the same with my spark, my other AC carry I’d because of commercial use.
2017-10-20
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, i have my cell phone number written on top of my spark

Hopefully if she fly away someone will find her and call me ;)

2017-10-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Here in Germany it is mandatory since this month and I had done it before already. I consider this to be very useful.
2017-10-20
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

I use a dymo sticker maker and have my name, number, and REWARD stickers on there. Hoping I never lose sparky but it’s better to be prepared. I put them right on the top of the craft.
2017-10-20
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have my cell phone number on it.
2017-10-20
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

I did for flying in Canada (it's a requirement).

I printed the info on a bunch of Avery 6570 label templates, then cut off the excess and it fits perfectly behind the battery. I recall reading in detail that the Canadian regulations allow for the label to be behind a battery so long as no tools are required to access it.

Spark Label

Spark Label
2017-10-20
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yea defo have info on Sparky, and says reward if found to , so if the horrible thing happened and i lost it , i would defo give someone a reward for bringing him back ..
2017-10-20
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

wobbles Posted at 2017-10-20 10:26
yea defo have info on Sparky, and says reward if found to , so if the horrible thing happened and i lost it , i would defo give someone a reward for bringing him back ..

Haha, in Poland noone will return it but sell as used on allegro xD

In Poland only regulation is that commercial (not fun) flights require owner to have license and place personal data on dron.
2017-10-20
Use props
drone flyer 955
lvl.2

United States

I think it couldnt hurt and is not a bad idea.
2017-10-20
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sparky, thinking transparent label from the label maker with ultra small print though. Havnt done mine yet either, so against attaching anything to the spark
2017-10-20
Use props
Blue17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56010 ft
Germany

Since German laws forces me to, I have a tiny little metal plate with my contact details attached to my Spark.
2017-10-20
Use props
feethea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waterproof stickers on Spark "IF FOUND' and 'NUMBER 1' through to 5 on my batteries. IF FOUND has "Reward if Returned' and all have my name, e-mail and phone number.
2017-10-20
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I’m opposing it. But here we must put a pilot registration number on it if the weight is more than 250g.
Well, a few years ago, I was called in the middle of the night, asked if I missed my helicopter.
I had left it on the ground behind the car. I thought it was in the car.
Pure luck that I happened to have put my phone number on it.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I think you can use a tag with the phone number and attach on spark. It will be light and you can replace it easily if you change your phone number.
2017-10-21
Use props
BobD
lvl.3
Germany

It's the law now in Germany and in Ebaa there are companies producing nice small engraved stick on aluminium labels with name, address and telephone.  Mine is very small red to match.  Aluminum because for some reason they must be fire proof. Mine fits on the left side just in front of the battery.
2017-10-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I have three stickers printed with a P-Touch sticker printer, in the battery compartment.
Two on the far side - one with my name and phone number, the other with my email address and FAA registration code.
And one near the contacts (but I was careful not to hamper the contacts!) with my full address.
The Spark label has nothing on it, I made sure of that (I just hid the details here).

When I get to a country that requires it, I'll get one of those aluminum labels.
20171021_162122-hidden.jpg
20171021_162129_hidden.jpg
2017-10-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Another thing I did, by the way, was label my batteries with numbers on both sides.
That way I know which batteries I have used already.
When the battery is inserted into Spark, that number is hidden.
20171021_162138.jpg
2017-10-21
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, not required in the UK but may come into play next year with registration becoming mandatory. I think it’s a good idea, especially if you put ‘reward if found’ with your details...
2017-10-21
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1697526 ft
United States

The FAA here in the US requires you to register your drone with them and get an FAA number.  I put both my registration number and my phone number on the side of my Spark.
2017-10-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did on my Mavic before I sold it, have not done it yet with the Sparks.   
2017-10-21
Use props
His415
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105853 ft
United States

I did on mine and it worked.  

I lost it in the ocean and 2 Days later got a call from an 11 year old asking about a reward.  It had washed up on the beach, but I was able to use Refresh!

I used Dymo Label maker labels and they survived a night in the ocean.  Good stuf.
2017-10-22
Use props
Sparky David
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41161 ft
United Kingdom

Mr Ebay supplied a Spark label and three battery labels with my name and phone number
2017-10-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Philippines

His415 Posted at 2017-10-22 07:09
I did on mine and it worked.  

I lost it in the ocean and 2 Days later got a call from an 11 year old asking about a reward.  It had washed up on the beach, but I was able to use Refresh!

Now this is a great story, thank you for sharing it with us!
2017-10-22
Use props
Eduardo0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

We are not obliged to do so in Brazil but we are obliged to have the aviation regulation number attached to the drone. This is a unique number. But in my case I also have my cel number just in case. Same procedure I adopted with my gliders.
2017-10-22
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used a label maker to stick my name and phone number to the TOP of the Spark. It's very visible. Had it on there from day 1 and it hasn't come off yet.
2017-10-22
Use props
Tragos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18825 ft
Finland

Here in Finland you have to mark your drone with your contact information. I have my name and phone number printed on a P-Touch label tape. This is fitted on the Spark's side, under a front arm. On the other side I have another tape, with the text "Reward if found" in Finnish and English.
2017-10-23
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

I haven't done it yet, but after reading these posts, I'm planning on it now. Just need to find my labelmaker.
2017-10-23
Use props
His415
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105853 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-22 09:49
Now this is a great story, thank you for sharing it with us!

Thanks, I've been hesitant to fly over water since but I'm getting my confidence back and I learned one thing. Always check your battery clips.

Made this little video to help others.

2017-11-3
Use props
ShrillShrew
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well ive been flying rc aircraft for over a decade, I often wrote with permanent pen details on them incase they get lost, best thing is obviously your phone number,
but now I have a Dji Sparky, with 3 batteries, I am thinking of using my silver permanent pen to simply put 1 dot on one battery, 2 dots on the 2nd battery, and 3 dot on the 3rd battery,
just so I can use the battery with the lowest amount of flights, in order to keep the flying time equal between the batteries,  but usually I use all 3 batteries so their useage history will never change unless I fly with one battery, which I did once.
Yes I know this is a tedious lengthy comment, I doubt you even got this far, and if you did, you must be a quick reader,  but anyway, where am I on this decision of how to mark my Spark.
well, I don't see the point of labeling the Spark because it has RTH so NOTHING can go wrong, the idea of putting little ink dots on the batteries disturbs me because the drone will always have to carry those dots around in flight, lol! I know, I am poco loco, but I would like to do that anyway so I know which battery is what.
these dots will be somewhere on top of it so I can't see it from the outside, on this matter, you lot putting labels on your drone are ruining the aerodynamics, the weight, and the look, and also making yourself into a sheep, goodbye.
2020-10-2
Use props
AntonioTech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
Ireland

I took the course and the test for the UAS Drone Operator as it's the requirement for all drones from 250 grams and up AND if the drone is below but has a recording device, such as a camera and/or a microphone which Mini 3 Pro has. One of the requirements is that you must place a label with your registration number on each drone you fly. The drone operator ID can be placed as a number, or as a bar code.
2022-12-31
Use props
Beenice54
lvl.1
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-10-20 06:08
We are regulated to do so in Canada, but haven't done it yet.  Can't seem to find a nice way to put it on my spark.

I find those address stickers on batteries and in drone compartment & under drone is best
2023-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules