Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is the P2V+ now "mature"?
917 2 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TSP181
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

I wonder if with the introduction of the P3 the P2 line is now "mature" and DJI will no longer issue software updates.  I suppose that would make sense from a manufacturer standpoint but I hope they at least continue to maintain and update the SDK to allow software developers to continue create apps with new and innovative features for us old school P2 users.   DJI, what say you?

2015-4-8
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

DJI are still selling the Phantom 2, so support will continue for the foreseeable future.
2015-4-8
Use props
TSP181
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-4-9 07:49
DJI are still selling the Phantom 2, so support will continue for the foreseeable future.

I agree, they will continue to support the P2.  But I think that much like computer Operating Systems; support and enhancement are two different things.  I expect they will support the P2 by doing things like adding no fly zones, provide major bug fixes when found, and app fixes as iOS or Android updates require, etc..  What I doubt we will see much of are enhancements a.k.a. additional new features.    I'm hopeful the SDK will be kept up for the P2 so app entrepreneurs can keep new features coming.  
2015-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules