Connecting to Ipad
4044 15 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7ad6d23d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13507 ft
Mali

Hi everyone, I just purchased an Ipad 9.7 128GB unit with Wifi & Cellular.

I have set this up as a brand new laptop, updated to the latest iOS and loaded the DJI GO App on it.

I connect it to my P4P controller, power on the controller, power on the drone, start the DJI GO app - and whilst the app starts it fails to realise that the bird is online. The "GO FLY" button never appears and if I force it into camera setting it shows as disconnected.

The IPAD pings when I connect the cable and there is a charging symbol so there is connectivity.

Does the iOS block access to the port and do I have to allow DJI access somehow ? Or have I missed a step ?

Thank you
Sean

2017-10-20
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The charging indicator is a bit of a worry, what OTG cable are you using, the fact it is charging does not suggest there is any data transfer

Try other OTG cables, if the one your using hasn't been used succesfully with your other AC
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify which Go app version you're on? Have you ensured that both the unit and RC are up to date firmware wise?
2017-10-20
Use props
fans7ad6d23d
lvl.1
Mali

I have tried several different cables and also tested the cable with an iPad mini which works fine.

Not sure on the version of Dji but it is whatever is available on the App Store at the moment.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans7ad6d23d Posted at 2017-10-20 20:24
I have tried several different cables and also tested the cable with an iPad mini which works fine.

Not sure on the version of Dji but it is whatever is available on the App Store at the moment.

Could you verify the firmware versions that are on the aircraft and RC? You can check them via the Assistant 2 Software as well.
2017-10-20
Use props
fans7ad6d23d
lvl.1
Mali

I have verified the firmware versions with Assistant 2 - and all up to date
2017-10-20
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

silly question but have you loaded  DJI GO Ap or  DJI GO4 Ap?
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide the error message showed from your app. Your controller can control the camera of the AC, right?
2017-10-21
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

lannes Posted at 2017-10-20 09:14
The charging indicator is a bit of a worry, what OTG cable are you using, the fact it is charging does not suggest there is any data transfer

Try other OTG cables, if the one your using hasn't been used succesfully with your other AC

why should he use an *OTG* cable (which is needed in conjunction with an Apple Lightning cable to connect an iPad to the *aircraft* )  to connect an iPad to the P4P *RC* ? the standard Apple lightning cable that comes with the iPad is all he needs-even if a shorter one would be better.
2017-10-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-10-21 02:55
why should he use an *OTG* cable (which is needed in conjunction with an Apple Lightning cable to connect an iPad to the *aircraft* )  to connect an iPad to the P4P *RC* ? the standard Apple lightning cable that comes with the iPad is all he needs-even if a shorter one would be better.

Yes you are right, I was trying to suggest the op try another lighting cable

like a Rock cable

http://www.rockphone.hk/en/produ ... egory=40&id=543
2017-10-21
Use props
fans7ad6d23d
lvl.1
Mali

lannes Posted at 2017-10-21 03:50
Yes you are right, I was trying to suggest the op try another lighting cable

like a Rock cable

I have tried another cable.
I can confirm that I can control the aircraft from the controller.
I can confirm that I am using DJI GO APP 4.

I have read that this is a potential issue with iOS 11.0.3.

Thanks
2017-10-25
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

RE: Connecting to Ipad

fans7ad6d23d Posted at 2017-10-25 05:08
I have tried another cable.
I can confirm that I can control the aircraft from the controller.
I can confirm that I am using DJI GO APP 4.

Your comment - I have read that this is a potential issue with iOS 11.0.3.

I have, and use a p4p, with an iPad Pro and also an iPad mini with IOS 11.0.3 and I have no problems. Do not forget when installing new apps, software etc. that the hardware should all be rebooted ALSO THE iPAD.
2017-10-25
Use props
MiByrd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17346 ft
United States

I am having the same issue ... I just purchased the P4P and can connect with my iphone 8 no problem  - the controller , bird and iphone all synching  - in fact I was asked to upgrade the firmware when I first connected and did so successfully ... however, my Ipad 3 is a different story  - same as Fans7  - it will not connect and I am using the same wire as with the iphone  - I even deleted go4 app in my ipad and re-installed it and still no luck  - I cannot get it to connect my controller bird & ipad !  
2019-2-7
Use props
MiByrd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17346 ft
United States

I just updated my ipad ios to latest version 12.1.4 and that did the trick  ... I can now sync controller, bird and go 4 app inside ipad.  Possibly that will work for you as well fans7 ?  best of luck ...  Thanks.
2019-2-7
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-10-20 09:14

Try other OTG cables, if the one your using hasn't been used succesfully with your other AC

Mine has always shown that the iPad is charging when connected to the controller.
2019-2-11
Use props
jdcjet747400
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1781 ft
United States

i cannot get my ipad to connect with dji p3s...any ideas?
2021-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules