Video Studder
697 6 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JGary
New

United States

I am a new to the drone world and my problem is with the recording video. I have a 64 gig sd card in my mavic, when recording video it is saving to both my phone and sd card.  The problem is the phone is a 16gb memory and I run out to space. Is there a way to stop the recording on my phone to make full use of my sd card?
  My next problem is the recording on the sd card in the drone is all jumpy while the recording on the cellphone is perfect. What is causing this problem?
Thanks for any help!
2017-10-20
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear JGary,

I will copy here a reply on other similar thread that DJI Thor gave:

"Are there lots of images and videos cached in the app? And you can also have a check on the APP's settings, it's on Me--upper right gear--clear cache, see if there are any other caches that are not useful, clean it."

Hope it can help you.
2017-10-20
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

Under General Settings you can either lower the "Maximum Video Cache Capacity" to something that'll work for you or turn "Cache During Video Shooting" completely off if you want to. If you just lower the capacity make sure that you also choose 'Clear Cache Automatically" too.
2017-10-20
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

As far as your jumpy video on your SD card make sure that the card you bought has a fast enough transfer rate, I'd bet that it doesn't. If not you'll need to get a faster one.
2017-10-20
Use props
JGary
New

United States

Thanks guys I will check these things out. As far as the cache this was my first time trying out. The SD card is a Scandisk 64gig I thought it would of been ok.
2017-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JGary Posted at 2017-10-20 09:35
Thanks guys I will check these things out. As far as the cache this was my first time trying out. The SD card is a Scandisk 64gig I thought it would of been ok.

It all depends on the speed (class... etc.)
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

JGary Posted at 2017-10-20 09:35

I concur with Hotelone and Montfrooij. Regarding the Scandisk, not all of them are the same. You would want a minimum of UHS 10 Class C. For the most part, the higher read/write speeds are what you want to look for
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules