please help !
1712 36 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CommunalWheat9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419314 ft
Belgium

yesterday i flyed normaly with me 2 batteries ( from 100% and i stoped flying at 25% batteries )
i turn off everyday me aircraft beaucause i saw a youtube tutorial about how keep me batteries healthy and it was told i have to do that.
but today i try to turn it on but with me first battery i had to try 3 times to turn him on and me second battery doesnt work !! and this battery have only 2 hours  in flight!!!

2017-10-20
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

On the first battery, for your first two attempts you weren't holding the button down long enough.  The 3rd attempt you did, and it turned on fine.

I don't know what's up with the 2nd battery, but why are you even trying to turn on the battery when it's that low?  Charge that one up to 100% and see how it behaves.

I'm not sure what you are doing with this daily routine of yours (I couldn't quite understand what you were saying).  But if this tutorial or whatever said to drain them to 25% and then screw with them every day in that low charge state, that was wrong.  Just store them at close to 50%.
2017-10-20
Use props
CommunalWheat9
lvl.4
Belgium

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-20 08:05
On the first battery, for your first two attempts you weren't holding the button down long enough.  The 3rd attempt you did, and it turned on fine.

I don't know what's up with the 2nd battery, but why are you even trying to turn on the battery when it's that low?  Charge that one up to 100% and see how it behaves.

ok , thank you for helping
2017-10-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Be sure to study your manual!
2017-10-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

LiPo batterys as these are are fine stored at 25 - 55% ... there is no need to topup a battery to 50% for storage. Especially if you are going to be charging up a few days later for flight.

Storage voltage per cell is universally accepted and reported by Online Battery Sites as 3.7 - 3.85V .... it makes no difference if its a standard 4.20V or a High Voltage 4.35V LiPo version.

Nigel
2017-10-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

"CommunalWheat9"

To switch on battery for flight ... the two presses are distinctly separate and not to HOLD on the second. Both are short press but with a short gap between.

You took 3 attempts on first battery for reason you did not do the two presses correct. Even your sucessful was luck !

The second battery - I think does not like your impatient button pressing. It may be more sensitive to it than the first !!

Nigel
2017-10-20
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-10-20 09:13
the two presses are distinctly separate and not to HOLD on the second. Both are short press but with a short gap between.

You are telling him not to hold the 2nd press?  Am I reading that right?? Nigel I have no idea what kind of batteries you have, but yours obviously aren't from DJI.

2017-10-20
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Charge them both up, get your clicking right and they should work. With the first battery the first “short” click seems ok because the LEDs start their sequence. The second “hold” click is not long enough. This can be seen in your video, you let go before the fourth LED lights up, only on the third try do you hold long enough to light the last LED. This is not the case with the second battery your clicking seems ok, maybe the battery is well below 25%, then it will not want to start anything and just go back to sleep.

You can actually leave up to about 3 seconds between the first and second click, as long as the LEDs showing the battery charge are still illuminated the second click can be made for the “switch on” sequence. Just a couple of milliseconds between click one and two is not enough, the Phantom thinks quick but not that quick.
2017-10-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"CommunalWheat9"

To switch on battery for flight ... the two presses are distinctly separate and not to HOLD on the second. Both are short press but with a short gap between.

The second press must be longer than the first.
The second press has to be held long enough to watch the LEDs light up one at a time.
2017-10-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-20 09:32
You are telling him not to hold the 2nd press?  Am I reading that right?? Nigel I have no idea what kind of batteries you have, but yours obviously aren't from DJI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAifKa8_8a4

LOL Irate,  another one needs to read the manual.
2017-10-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-10-20 09:07
LiPo batterys as these are are fine stored at 25 - 55% ...

Link.....?
2017-10-20
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

When you are done flying remove the battery and leave it alone until you are ready to charge to go flying again. In the DJI app there's a setting for your battery for it to automatically self-discharge after so many days. I have mine set to 3. If you push the button on the battery before the discharge day you selected in the app it'll start the time to discharge over. After so many days of not being used it'll go into sleep mode, then you just push the button and the LED's will light up and that will wake the battery up and you start over. Just let the battery cool down first before charging if you're going back out to fly right away.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like others have mentioned, please ensure that you hold the 2nd press long enough for it to fully initiate the rest of the aircraft. I would still recommend charging it just to ensure that it does have enough power to do so. Please keep us posted if the issue persists.
2017-10-20
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

haaa.. Thats a new one. Thks...
2017-10-20
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

"CommunalWheat9"

NIgel, your third party batteries must have a slightly different startup from OEM
Short press, long press for those.
2017-10-20
Use props
CommunalWheat9
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-20 16:24
Like others have mentioned, please ensure that you hold the 2nd press long enough for it to fully initiate the rest of the aircraft. I would still recommend charging it just to ensure that it does have enough power to do so. Please keep us posted if the issue persists.

thank you for helping
i dont know how and why but today they are working normaly
2017-10-20
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Good to hear they're working. One thing to I forgot to add earlier is don't leave the battery in the AC when you store it between flights. If for some reason the battery has an issue it doesn't do anything to your several hundred dollar craft.
2017-10-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

any decent lipo battery page ... suggest Battery University .... and many others that try to advise users.

Lipo's are Lipos - whatever fancy board is stuck on the front.

Nigel
2017-10-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

CommunalWheat9 Posted at 2017-10-20 23:07
thank you for helping

excellent --- what we like to hear
2017-10-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-10-20 19:41
NIgel, your third party batteries must have a slightly different startup from OEM
Short press, long press for those.

to be honest ... as long as the second press is distinct from the first but not like a machine gun as OP did ... we're fine.

Nigel
2017-10-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 2017-10-20 13:24

The second press must be longer than the first.

Like i posted to other guy ... yes sorry ... but the main point is to not be a machine gun on the button ... the two presses must have a short gap and not as he did.

2017-10-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-10-22 00:29
any decent lipo battery page ... suggest Battery University .... and many others that try to advise users.

Lipo's are Lipos - whatever fancy board is stuck on the front.

How about this one?  

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... fety_Guidelines.pdf
2017-10-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-10-22 00:33
Like i posted to other guy ... yes sorry ... but the main point is to not be a machine gun on the button ... the two presses must have a short gap and not as he did.

Nigel ... I'm not trying to pick on you but if you give incorrect information .....

To turn it on you have to click, pause and click and hold for 2 seconds (just like DJI tell you in the manual.
If you simply click, pause and click again, you will not turn on the battery.
2017-10-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Its one of those things that you do so often and for so long - that you tend to just press - stop - press and go fly ...

I long ago stopped consciously considering how I switch on ...

Today I flew and I took note of switching on and found that as long as the Lights were coming on with second press, 4 out of 5 attempts (original DJI battery) it switched on ... but 5 out of 5 when held for slightly longer.

Nigel
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thank you for helping

Glad to hear that the issue has been figured out. Read the Battery Guidelines will be helpful to get rid of most questions. Happy flying!
2017-10-22
Use props
Rsthelen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31726 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-20 08:05

I agree, don't be in a rush, make sure you press once then on the second press, make sure all the lights light up then let go, it's a timing thing.  Just take your time, don't be in a rush, you will get used to it in no time, I hardly even look at my lights now, I just know when it's ready.

Rob
2017-10-22
Use props
Rsthelen
lvl.4
United States

YOUTUBE!!!   it's your best friend..... you can find EVERYTHING on there ...
2017-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Happy to read the OP has his battery ON theory and some hands on practice...

It will all become second nature, over some time... Just keep at it.

Be sure to RTFM several times... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

thank you for helping

Glad to hear, thanks for the update.
2017-10-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

A whole thread devoted to the scientific study of how to press a battery button.  I'm sure DJI reads these things and chuckles in amazement.
2017-10-23
Use props
Rsthelen
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-23 08:20
A whole thread devoted to the scientific study of how to press a battery button.  I'm sure DJI reads these things and chuckles in amazement.

I am sure your right, but also happy to see others helping each other, even if it is a simple deal or a major problem  
2017-10-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

True enough and well said!
2017-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-23 08:20

It could have been a half thread instead, but then you would lose several DJI points. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Rsthelen Posted at 2017-10-23 10:59
I am sure your right, but also happy to see others helping each other, even if it is a simple deal or a major problem

Yes, but you know, it's a family affair?? Ha

You are either on one end of a help thread or the other.
Giving assistance, or requesting some helpful guidance.
Where would you rather be, situated?

RedHotPoker
2017-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I see the OP has four anti drop pins installed on this drone, where there should only be two, in opposing corners...

Are these drones now being shipped out, with four anti drop pins?

RedHotPoker

2017-10-23
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-23 11:37
I see the OP has four anti drop pins installed on this drone, where there should only be two, in opposing corners...

Are these drones now being shipped out, with four anti drop pins?

I had to put two more on my standard to stop the camera from Jello effect even though two are supposed to do the trick it just wasn't doing it for my drone I tried everything from prop balancing to removing the motors top bell and balancing the motor bells dropped two more pins on the gimbal problem solved LOL its always the thing that shouldn't  work that fixes stuff for me
2017-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-10-24 15:42
I had to put two more on my standard to stop the camera from Jello effect even though two are supposed to do the trick it just wasn't doing it for my drone I tried everything from prop balancing to removing the motors top bell and balancing the motor bells dropped two more pins on the gimbal problem solved LOL its always the thing that should work that fixes stuff for me

Little buggers helped you did they? Wow. That's a small wonder.... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules