Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Cut of DOOR COUNTY footage. Need some suggestions.
796 10 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys,
Finally got around to editing my Door County Footage from Wisconsin 2 weeks ago. I can't put my finger on it but I'm not satisfied with my first draft. Please help with constructive criticism. Is it the song? The cuts? The arrangement of clips? Please let me know before I edit again. Much appreciated. Thanks
Corey B

2017-10-20
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I liked your video.  To me it spoke to water, beautiful landscapes, and fall color.  However, the music seemed to contradict the video.  Keep in mind I am an old dude though.  Maybe it was just me.  Thanks for showing me a bit of Wisconsin.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wow. You must have fun. So many great views with you.
2017-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great footage!
Overall it looks great.
Some (minor) suggestions:
Pay attention to the beat. Sometimes you are a little bit off (usually a bit too late).

Maybe use some more stylish font. (personal of course)
0:23 off beat cut.
0:26 also
0:35 also
0:39 don't speed up and cut so fast. (I would suggest leaving the speeding up and just cut at normal speed on the beat)
0:51 close
1:22 off beat
1:29 also
1:35 => not sure about the dronie. Maybe cut after 1:40
(the last bit is rather unstable) start again at 1:52
2:15 off beat cut
2:55 great shot, maybe start it just about when the car enters the frame.
Of course some color grading, but I'm sure you will have that in mind also.
Music is nice btw. Don't change it.

2017-10-21
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Mont! I did notice when I watched it on my phone most of the cuts were off the beat. Not sure how that happened. Great feedback. Thanks!!!
2017-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bing Err Posted at 2017-10-21 06:22
Thanks Mont! I did notice when I watched it on my phone most of the cuts were off the beat. Not sure how that happened. Great feedback. Thanks!!!

Looking forward to seeing the final cut.
2017-10-21
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2017-10-21 06:22

Variety of shots.  It gets better in the middle with the decent by trees with you framed, pulling away from you, following car, etc.  But, you have a lot of the same-ish shots in a row (tracking across landscape from medium height).  Mixing in close shots, ultra slow pans, whipping along the dock with dock filling the frame and then ending suddenly with water, gives you more interesting things to look at.  Do you have a volcano nearby?

Its tough to be interesting when you aren't narrating and able to use jokes or talking points to hold interest.  I take it as a challenge.

2017-10-21
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2017-10-21 08:11
Variety of shots.  It gets better in the middle with the decent by trees with you framed, pulling away from you, following car, etc.  But, you have a lot of the same-ish shots in a row (tracking across landscape from medium height).  Mixing in close shots, ultra slow pans, whipping along the dock with dock filling the frame and then ending suddenly with water, gives you more interesting things to look at.  Do you have a volcano nearby?

Its tough to be interesting when you aren't narrating and able to use jokes or talking points to hold interest.  I take it as a challenge.

Ignore the previous post.  You do have a variety of shots in the video.  I don't know what section I was watching or what video.  I can't seem to delete the post.
2017-10-21
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hahaha! I'll look for a volcano next time. There's gotta be one in Wisconsin... Right?
2017-10-21
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-21 03:38
Great footage!
Overall it looks great.
Some (minor) suggestions:

Thanks to everyone for the great tips and suggestions but a HUGE thanks to Monfrooij for the VERY complete list of things I needed to fix. I hope you enjoy the final cut.
2017-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bing Err Posted at 2017-10-23 16:07
Thanks to everyone for the great tips and suggestions but a HUGE thanks to Monfrooij for the VERY complete list of things I needed to fix. I hope you enjoy the final cut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISpgFmDHWEQ&feature=youtu.be

Yeah.
Looking good!
2017-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules