Sub to far
808 18 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Altech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Hi Guys, First Video using 4K cam on my new Drone P3-4K ,  with 4K image I found that you do need a 4K monitor or 4K TV to see the detail . Anyway hope you enjoy  cheers Alex      filmed at Crib Point, Melbourne , Downunder

2017-10-20
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Cool vid
Have to ask, what's the deal with the sub?  Did not appear to be operational?
Find it hard to believe it's abandoned.  Is it getting ready to be made in to an artificial reef?
2017-10-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-20 15:27
Cool vid
Have to ask, what's the deal with the sub?  Did not appear to be operational?
Find it hard to believe it's abandoned.  Is it getting ready to be made in to an artificial reef?

It is the HMAS Otama, a late 1950s design. They were built in the UK, with the Royal Australian Navy operating 6 of them. They were a very successful and long-lived design. Otama was bought, in fully operational condition, by a group who wanted to set ip up as a tourist attraction for the area. But they never seemed to get the funds, so it has been sitting at anchor, rotting away for many years. The owners even tried to sell the submarine on eBay, but got no bids. More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon-class_submarine
2017-10-20
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-20 15:53
It is the HMAS Otama, a late 1950s design. They were built in the UK, with the Royal Australian Navy operating 6 of them. They were a very successful and long-lived design. Otama was bought, in fully operational condition, by a group who wanted to set ip up as a tourist attraction for the area. But they never seemed to get the funds, so it has been sitting at anchor, rotting away for many years. The owners even tried to sell the submarine on eBay, but got no bids. More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon-class_submarine

Thanks for answering that ? 4 me  cheers Alex
2017-10-20
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Interesting...well I have no need for a sub right now...maybe next year
2017-10-20
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Thanks for the footage....  Why not drop drop down to the Sub next time...  Excellent video...
2017-10-20
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good video.
2017-10-20
Use props
DustMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 973373 ft
United States

Love the video
2017-10-20
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I would buy it if I had enough water to put it in.  I would be a nice conversation starter, up here in  the high desert mountains.
2017-10-20
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Altech Posted at 2017-10-20 16:02
Thanks for answering that ? 4 me  cheers Alex

Aloha Altech,

Cool shots of the sub and mahalo to Geebax for the information.  Sure could tell what direction the wind was coming from.  Were you operating from the recreational boat?

If you do not mind a suggestion, one of the nice features of 4K video is the detail and sharpness of the imagry as you noted.  But is the videographer rotates too fast in any direction, that detail and sharpness is lost until the rotation slows down enough to see the detail again.  Smooth rotations is a valuable skill in videography.

Nice introduction to 4K video.  Good start.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-10-20 22:47
I would buy it if I had enough water to put it in.  I would be a nice conversation starter, up here in  the high desert mountains.

I was going to bid for it on eBay, but the shipping costs were murder
2017-10-21
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

sSunSets Posted at 2017-10-20 16:58
Why not drop drop down to the Sub next time...

Two words:  Deck gun
2017-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the video.
Nice work!
2017-10-21
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-21 00:57
Aloha Altech,

Cool shots of the sub and mahalo to Geebax for the information.  Sure could tell what direction the wind was coming from.  Were you operating from the recreational boat?

Aloha Cetacean. No I was on beach ,on the other side of pier . I here you far filming the subject that I was going for , but the Phantom 3- 4K is still using wifi not lightbridge .  So when I got to the Sub ,things where just hanging in there far as signal.   Yes 4K is great ,  that day I had a lens filter on the cam. don't know what "N grade it is" as come with my drone package deal.    Aloha and cheers Alex

flight log 20-109-2017.png
2017-10-21
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

LOL....  Good one Archie, opps Retro... ahhh...  Kamikaze approach...  go for the money shot I say.
2017-10-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Good suggestion, but they were not fitted with one.
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cool Sub and nice video, please be careful when flying above the see since the wind is unpredictable.
2017-10-28
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-28 22:35
Cool Sub and nice video, please be careful when flying above the see since the wind is unpredictable.

cheers I remember that in future , Alex
2017-10-29
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bugger Altech you realise the Govt will probably refit it and sell it to the public as a new purchase Hey it's British I wonder if it'll suffer dual nationality (in joke fellas).
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules