1659 20 2017-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

some of the water ways around home.

My first attempt at this kind of editing.
Go gentle on me LOL.

2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Some of the yaw movements could be a bit smoother, but it's otherwise a nice first attempt. Thanks for sharing.
2017-10-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Hellsgate,

Jamie made a good suggestion.  Also if you could upload a higher resolution video, it would help since our cameras are real nice.  Your choice of music was real nice, it worked real well.

Nice video.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-21
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

My suggestion is to give us the best resolution to show off your work. Keep it up! As time passes, your skills in cinematography will increase.
2017-10-21
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

ok thanks guys.
im used to just dealing with live footage in my drone usage havent had any need to edit videos like this but now im starting to do my own footage.
will definatly have a go at uploading higher resolution footage and slow down the drone yaw motion a bit.
2017-10-21
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

I have a feeling tho that my computer is just not upto the task of editing 4k videos as everything  seems very jerky during the editing process.
i can only put it down to a lack of video memory or simple processing power.
it seems to handle lower resolution videos with ease but its over 5 years old so might be time for an upgrade if i want to get serious about thismy phone seems to play these videos better than my computer ill definatly have to upgrade. well in the mean time i can go out and collect footage for future use. lol
2017-10-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good job!  I enjoyed it.
2017-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great area to fly.
Thanks for sharing.
(indeed, higher res would be nice)
2017-10-21
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Ok i seem to have an issue editing.
Heres one for the computer geeks out there.
Ifi try and view the original 4k footage from my drone using my laptop i endup with a blue screen of death. If i view the same file using power director i can see the footage but it is very poor quality when it comes to motion within the video  ie its very jerky and seems to skip multiple frames. This makes editing almost imposible.
The only work around i have found is to render the original file and produce a lower resolution version of it then i can edit the video without any issues but as you guys have mentioned i end up with low quality final product.
Do i need to replace the computer or can i tweek some settings to make it work better.
Here are stats on computer.
Hp pavilion laptop
Quad core processor amd
Radeon dual video.
4 gig memory
60 gig hdd
The laptop  so i have been told by my lovely wife is actually about 9 years old
2017-10-21
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmm... i thought it very good even as is... keep it simple.
2017-10-21
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

sSunSets Posted at 2017-10-21 17:55
Hmm... i thought it very good even as is... keep it simple.

Yeah its not bad but as others have mentioned it is low resolution
2017-10-21
Use props
Bracco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Nice video!
2017-10-22
Use props
James R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423871 ft
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-21 15:31
Ok i seem to have an issue editing.
Heres one for the computer geeks out there.
Ifi try and view the original 4k footage from my drone using my laptop i endup with a blue screen of death. If i view the same file using power director i can see the footage but it is very poor quality when it comes to motion within the video  ie its very jerky and seems to skip multiple frames. This makes editing almost imposible.

With that computer your going to want to stay on the low end of the resolution. There could be some things you can tweek if you are encoding the video before you edit. Whats your workflow look like. By this I mean, what are the steps you are doing to edit the video including 3rd party software like handbreak.

However if you are looking for a base and I mean base PC to edit 4k video it will look something like this.

6 Gig GPU (Graphics card) or more.
16 Gig RAM DDR4 (32 preferred which means you need a pro version of windows)
I7 (or AMD equivalent)  six cores (eight recommended)

These are just the basic 3 components.
2017-10-23
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Wow ok im gonna need to save up a bit lol
2017-10-23
Use props
James R
lvl.4
United States

What is your work flow?
2017-10-23
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Not gonna pile on, believe you've got good advice thus far...just wanna say good first effort, keep at it
2017-10-23
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

At the moment my work flow is a bit ackward first down load drone footage 4k mp4 files onto hdd of laptop then only way i can edit that using power director 16 is to get each file then reduce it down to a 2k mp4 once that is done i can then edit as i please but very time consuming.
2017-10-23
Use props
James R
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-23 21:55
At the moment my work flow is a bit ackward first down load drone footage 4k mp4 files onto hdd of laptop then only way i can edit that using power director 16 is to get each file then reduce it down to a 2k mp4 once that is done i can then edit as i please but very time consuming.

I don't use power director 10. Can you import your footage immediately or do you have to convert before importing to PD 16?

Yeah, with your specs it will take a long time. This is and expensive hobby...
2017-10-23
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

The footage imports immediately into pd 16
But due to lack of computing power i have to render each file to lower resolution first before attempting to do any editing.
I can easily just lower resolution in drone settings but i want to get high res footage and ill just store it all for now i think untill i get a better computer.
Yes its more expensive than i thought at first. Ive been mostly doing just emergency service work with drones untill i got the p4p and joined this forum.
Now i have the bug for doing some videos lol.
So now i have all you guys to blame hahaha
2017-10-24
Use props
James R
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-24 00:41
The footage imports immediately into pd 16
But due to lack of computing power i have to render each file to lower resolution first before attempting to do any editing.
I can easily just lower resolution in drone settings but i want to get high res footage and ill just store it all for now i think untill i get a better computer.

It appears you have your footage set to 720p. I personally think that if you filmed in 4k and scaled that down to 1080p using handbrake your footage would come out a little cleaner. 4k is nice, but most people don't have monitors and tvs that view 4k yet. That's just my opinion.
2017-10-24
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

James R Posted at 2017-10-24 13:44
It appears you have your footage set to 720p. I personally think that if you filmed in 4k and scaled that down to 1080p using handbrake your footage would come out a little cleaner. 4k is nice, but most people don't have monitors and tvs that view 4k yet. That's just my opinion.

Yes in this video i did have resolution way lower than i could have ive been experimenting with a few settings etc in the computer and managing to produce 2k videos albeit slowly but it is working.
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules