651 6 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

well where should i start? first the first good news: i finally got rid of my spark .It simply didnot meet my requirements , like flightdistance,stability, connection , default always 5.8ghz in stead of 2.4ghz(always had to change this via channel) and therefore ,also startup via wifi was slow that wasted a lot battery minutes,also flyingtime with battery was not that much. Had many issue pop ups ,compass error in the beginning, after latest update
there were less issue popups. THe main reason i got rid of the spark was the recording in 30 fps , i really need 25fps as in my projects i use also footage of phantom 4 pro , sony camera and go pro footage, these are all shot with 25fps. if i mixed this with 30fps sparkfootage , i only could slow these clips down to 25fps , in otherwords i was forced to do these
parts in slowmotion. dji does take too long to release new firmware in order also to shoot 25fps. There might be even a possibility that they will never update with fw 25fps. It was
just too risky for me to wait as i having some holidays planned abroad and i just want a compact drone ,good for travelling.

SO that comes to the second good news (hopefully) , i got quite a good refund back for the spark for part payment , yes for the Mavic Pro platinum combo, which i have ordered.
Will hopefully receive this one within 2 weeks. So i hope i will not have to use The mavic forum posts as much as i had to use the spark forum with issues. We will see .

I hope dji will fix the problems i encountered ,as some mentionned above for the spark

2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please inform us if you encounter problems with your new mavic. We are welcome for your feedback and your suggestion will be forwarded to our designated department.
2017-10-21
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic has been around for 13 months now and has had nearly 15 FW updates since it’s initial launch in Sept 2016 so I think you’ll find far less glitches and bugs unlike the brand new Spark. You’ll also be pleased to know that amongst it’s mainly upgrades the Mavic has dual compass and IMU as redundancy so fly always are practically impossible as the OcuSync transmission is amazing - you can record live stream on your phone in 1080p and 4K on the micro SD card. The Platinum model is a lot quieter too so congrats on your purchase. That said, the Spark does have its advantages over the Mavic - mainly the pano’s and ability to be flown in areas the Mavic is too big to be placed - having both drones is best and I'm sure we'll see some upgrades in the Spark's FW down the line!  
2017-10-23
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

I bought the mavic pro too and I can tell you it is so much better than the spark, and to my ear quieter too. The mavic does feel like a proper drone, the spark is still fun but I am using it less and less now. Hoping the do update the firmware again soon as there are just too many issues I encounter on a normal day to day flight and with limited battery it really limits its use for me.
2017-10-23
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Congratulations on your new purchase, I hope I can get a Mavic in the future too but I'm stil very happy with my Spark it's stil lot of fun to fly, and it's my first drone so need to learn to fly propperly and improve my skils.
2017-10-23
Use props
Joepub1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 557818 ft
United States

You will love the Mavic. Very solid drone. Spark is fun, but you just never know how it's going to go some days with it.Wish they would write a lighter app for the spark, it just doesn't belong in the same group with the Mavic  and Phantoms.
2017-10-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will be happy with the Mavic, I sold my MP a month ago with 2,731,597 ft of total distance and over 36 hours of flight time on it and my new MPP has been shipped out as of this morning(long wait).  I can't wait to start flying a Mavic again the sparks is fun to fly, but it does not compare with the Mavic at all.

I just received my two MPP batteries, two sets of low noise props and two sets of spark props today as I ordered these after I put in my pre-order for the MPP.
2017-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules