1136 9 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

This problem occured after i updated my Pad to the latest DJI GO4 program. It has nothing to do with heat, hardware, other applications etc.
How can i downgrade to previous version of DJI GO4 please?
Went out for shooting but updated the program on the Pad before. I COULD NOT SEE A THING! 1/2 second of view with 4 secs green and broken and you name it views.
Used my phone that i did not update the program and worked fine!
Please sort this out and in the mean time, let me have the previous version so i can get my job done!

2017-10-21
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

You say it's nothing to do with heat, hardware etc. How do you know? What device are you using?
you haven't mentioned what firmware on Phantom and firmware on controller. If there is a mismatch in firmwares the problem you describe can happen.
2017-10-21
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-10-21 07:24
You say it's nothing to do with heat, hardware etc. How do you know? What device are you using?
you haven't mentioned what firmware on Phantom and firmware on controller. If there is a mismatch in firmwares the problem you describe can happen.

Thanks for the reply.
1. Temp was 18 Celsius, pad was really cool and this occurs by entering the application and connected ... no time to even start getting warm!
2. Everything is on the latest firmware as always!
3. Now, i mentioned clearly that this happened AFTER the update (yesterday to be exact) on the one device (Samsung Tab S) and since the other device was NOT updated (Samsung A5) and i used that the very next minute without allowing to update and did not even power off the drone or the RC and ... worked fine.
BTW: I am not the only one complaining of this problem and all i want is the previous DJI GO4 version to prove i am wrong!
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to tell you that the DJI GO is not available to downgrade. You can try to reinstall the APP and delete all previous files to check. Also, for the mobile device which has not been fully tested, we can not ensure the stability, please kindly understand.
2017-10-22
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 02:44
I'm sorry to tell you that the DJI GO is not available to downgrade. You can try to reinstall the APP and delete all previous files to check. Also, for the mobile device which has not been fully tested, we can not ensure the stability, please kindly understand.

Thanks for the reply.
I did the uninstalling etc ... The same issue am afraid and the mobile is not the best screen to view on due to its size.
Can you please let the developers know about this so they can compare notes and solve this in the next update of DJI GO4?
Cant afford to keep changing devices.
PS: In the case you could send this file on my email, i will really appreciate it!
2017-10-22
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 02:44

Solved for now! How?
Susan, it just came to me after your reply that the previous APK file is not available. So, since my phone was working just fine as i DID NOT UPDATE the DGI GO4  to the latest version as mentioned, it hit me!
Solution:
1. Searched and found on my phone the APK file and saved it to my computer.
2. Uninstalled the current version from my Tablet.
3. Transferred and installed the older APK file.
4. It asked to log-in (so i did) and then to update ... not allowing this at the moment am afraid.
Now it works just fine again and proves that the DJI techs may have added or missed something that makes the Android Pad to be unusable.
Kindly please look in to this ASAP as many users are effected and their device is taking the blame which may not be the case.
Thank you all for taking the time to reply.
2017-10-22
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

CyFA Posted at 2017-10-22 10:04
Solved for now! How?
Susan, it just came to me after your reply that the previous APK file is not available. So, since my phone was working just fine as i DID NOT UPDATE the DGI GO4  to the latest version as mentioned, it hit me!
Solution:

OUTSTANDING!
Good work!
2017-10-22
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-22 22:21
OUTSTANDING!
Good work!

Thanks and hope this helps others as well!
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CyFA Posted at 2017-10-22 10:04
Solved for now! How?
Solution:

Thanks for keeping us updated. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you have solved it. I will also forward your concern to our engineers.
2017-10-25
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-25 01:31
Thanks for keeping us updated. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you have solved it. I will also forward your concern to our engineers.

Thanks, i have still not updated and keep going fine!
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules