1140 20 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kozulis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106247 ft
Latvia

Hello,

Recently I got  my controller replaced under waranty becuase of faulty "pause" button.

I flew with it without any issues for couple of weeks but today I started getting signal issues.
First it was video signal. I took off and after 10 or so seconds video signal cut off.
After restarting controller it came back but than dissapeared again after ~10 seconds of flying.

I tried with with 2 phones - iPhone 7s, Galaxy S8 - got same results.

Later I was able to fly for ~5 minutes without any issues but then drone stopped responding to stick inputs.
I was able to rotate gimball and start/stop recording (see video below).

I regained controll after restarting controller and was able to land it.

Edit: I was flying in the woods so I don't think there was interference from any other source/transmitter.
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what's the current aircraft, controller firmware and APP version? Post a screenshot of APP if applicable.

As for the stopped responding to RC, please try to change the max altitude/distance in MC settings, then calibrate RC in APP to see whether it helps.
2017-10-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Why does your app display "Joystick" at the top?  Is it possible that has something to do with it?  I almost never use DJI Go so I'm not familiar with some of those screwy modes.
2017-10-22
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I noticed that none of the flight information (e.g., height) was changing in the app even while you were moving the throttle backwards and forward, so the first thing I'd suggest would be to try flying with a different USB cable, as the ones provided by DJI have a reputation for being of poor quality.
2017-10-22
Use props
kozulis
lvl.4
Latvia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 02:13
May I know what's the current aircraft, controller firmware and APP version? Post a screenshot of APP if applicable.

As for the the stopped responding to RC, please try to change the max altitude/distance in MC settings, then calibrate RC in APP to see whether it helps.

Firmware: V01.04.0000

App: v4.1.12 (2964)

I've updated max altitude/distance and re-calibrated the controllel. I'll try flying tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.
2017-10-22
Use props
kozulis
lvl.4
Latvia

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-22 04:29
Why does your app display "Joystick" at the top?  Is it possible that has something to do with it?  I almost never use DJI Go so I'm not familiar with some of those screwy modes.

Have no idea. Didn't really notice at that moment.
2017-10-22
Use props
kozulis
lvl.4
Latvia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-22 07:48
I noticed that none of the flight information (e.g., height) was changing in the app even while you were moving the throttle backwards and forward, so the first thing I'd suggest would be to try flying with a different USB cable, as the ones provided by DJI have a reputation for being of poor quality.

Will try different cables tomorrow. Yesterday I had signal issues with 2 cables - lightning and usb-c (DJI ones). I guess it could be that there's something wrong with mini usb port on the controller.
2017-10-22
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Try the USB-port on the bottom of the controller. There are many posts on this forum about faulty cables DJI provided with the MP.
2017-10-22
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

kozulis Posted at 2017-10-22 08:01
Will try different cables tomorrow. Yesterday I had signal issues with 2 cables - lightning and usb-c (DJI ones). I guess it could be that there's something wrong with mini usb port on the controller.

I guess it could be that there's something wrong with mini usb port on the controller.

Yes, that's very possible and as Mari suggested you should try the one on the bottom / front of the controller. It definitely appears that the problem was the connection between your remote and mobile device, though, because the aircraft was responding to stick input but its status wasn't being updated in the Go app.
2017-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just remember to unplug side connection or bottom one won’t connect.
2017-10-22
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-22 04:29

Agreed. i saw it. Normal i saw my own is only "aircraft" on top at the most all the time same as phantom 4 too.
2017-10-22
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

You can try both RC and AC to downgrade first and test make sure that both can fly work without issue then try to update FW latest with your APP mobile. RC and AC must close together less than 2m distance. I afraid that my computer sometime weak ethernet lan and wireless to cause DJI assistant 2 to update FW latest my RC and AC so i walk to near my modem router then start update both rc and ac with my mobile app. I not sure but u can try it
2017-10-22
Use props
kozulis
lvl.4
Latvia

Update: I got a chance to fly today. Before trying different cable I used default one to see if I'll loose a connection again but it didn't happen. Everything worked fine. I flew 3 batteries dry (16 kilometers total distance). I tried to restart app, tried to wiggle the cable, moved phone up and down, disconnected/connected it but it just worked without any signal loss. I guess that calibration/setting re-set helped.
2017-10-23
Use props
zerod10Mad
New
Flight distance : 26778 ft
Italy

kozulis Posted at 2017-10-23 09:05
Update: I got a chance to fly today. Before trying different cable I used default one to see if I'll loose a connection again but it didn't happen. Everything worked fine. I flew 3 batteries dry (16 kilometers total distance). I tried to restart app, tried to wiggle the cable, moved phone up and down, disconnected/connected it but it just worked without any signal loss. I guess that calibration/setting re-set helped.

same problem for me, continue disconnection of the video preview, what calibration/setting re-setyou mean?
Thanks for your help
2017-10-23
Use props
kozulis
lvl.4
Latvia

zerod10Mad Posted at 2017-10-23 09:56
same problem for me, continue disconnection of the video preview, what calibration/setting re-setyou mean?
Thanks for your help

I updated max altitude/distance and re-calibrated controller as suggested by DJI Susan (see first reply on this post).
2017-10-23
Use props
zerod10Mad
New
Italy

kozulis Posted at 2017-10-23 10:23
I updated max altitude/distance and re-calibrated controller as suggested by DJI Susan (see first reply on this post).[view_image][view_image]

thanks i'll try and let you know.
2017-10-24
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

zerod10Mad Posted at 2017-10-24 00:56
thanks i'll try and let you know.

I doubt that it was the controller calibration that allowed his remote and mobile device to start communicating with one another. If you're really having a problem like the one he reported you'll probably want to review the earlier suggestions about potential cable-related problems.
2017-10-24
Use props
zerod10Mad
New
Italy

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-24 02:18
I doubt that it was the controller calibration that allowed his remote and mobile device to start communicating with one another. If you're really having a problem like the one he reported you'll probably want to review the earlier suggestions about potential cable-related problems.

i've already tried two different "side" cable, nothing change...
With the down standard USB is little better but also in that case i have some disconnection
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kozulis Posted at 2017-10-23 09:05

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to hear that you have figured it out. Enjoy it!
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

zerod10Mad Posted at 2017-10-23 09:56
Thanks for your help

Sir, which mobile do you use? Does the issue appear recently? Have you tried to change another recommended mobile to verify this?
2017-10-24
Use props
zerod10Mad
New
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-24 03:25
Sir, which mobile do you use? Does the issue appear recently? Have you tried to change another recommended mobile to verify this?

Hi, i'm using iPhone 7 plus last iOS firmware, the drone is new, bought a couple of weeks ago, and the problem start form the beginnings.
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules