X5 DNG's with unsupported lenses won't open
1413 7 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BOJnJ7r
New

United States

Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file.

That is the message I keep getting from Photoshop, and a similar message in lightroom. I'm using the OSMO PRO with the LAOWA 7.5mm.

When I use the Olympus 12mm or the stock 15mm lense, there is no issue (they are both on the list of supported lenses.

DNG converter has a similar problem.

The preview window in the folder also shows a large blank image of a solid color. Most of them are brown or tan. I can open up a large image preview and see an even larger image that is a solid brown or tanish color.
I've read about similar issues happening due to lense profile issues? How can I recover and use these images?

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 1.49.00 PM.png

2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Can you provide me the original pictures? Thanks for your support.
2017-10-23
Use props
fans328f8db3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1221877 ft
Norway

I have the same problem using Laowa 7.5 mm on a Inspire 1/X5.
2017-10-23
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

This problem is due to the Laowa 7.5, being a manual lens, is not writing any exif data to the file. DJI needs to take care of this in a firmware update as it appears corrupt data is sent as a default. The solution is to use a program call Opcode Remover. It's available for Mac only and does work on batch files. I've only used it with still shots but I have no reason to believe it would not work just as well with raw video. If you're on a PC, you'll have to find a program that will batch edit the exif data.
2017-10-24
Use props
Svarteld
lvl.2
Sweden

Opcode remover works on cinema dng. Also look into exif tool and using terminal on a Mac; faster batch processing, but no GUI.

DJI writes faulty opcodes into all raw files, even from supported lenses. I have tests showing introduction of CA, and excessive geometric caimpenstation. DJI, contact me if you want examples of how to fix your problems with the X5R opcodes. /Peter
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Svarteld Posted at 2017-10-25 08:19
Opcode remover works on cinema dng. Also look into exif tool and using terminal on a Mac; faster batch processing, but no GUI.

DJI writes faulty opcodes into all raw files, even from supported lenses. I have tests showing introduction of CA, and excessive geometric caimpenstation. DJI, contact me if you want examples of how to fix your problems with the X5R opcodes. /Peter

Peter, thanks for your attention. If you have any suggestion, please PM me.  
2017-10-25
Use props
Svarteld
lvl.2
Sweden

OK Elektra, thanks for the reply, I will.
2017-10-27
Use props
jasonccc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1552717 ft
United States

Has there been any update on this? I use the 7.5mm lens all the time with the I1 Pro and X5. Works great for video, but all the RAW photos are still corrupt. DNG Cleaner for Mac doesn't seem to do anything to the files. Thx
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules