MPP that i cannot fly
1215 12 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raw1261
lvl.2
United States

just got the MPP and its just sitting...just like it did for the month i waited for it...anyways i did the update and the DJI GO 4 app does not respond at all ... it may show a image with the flight info however does not respond to any touch controls and it may come on without the flight info and still no response. i 1st tried it with ios 11.1 beta 4 and then i wiped phone and went to the 11.0 commercial [non beta] using a iphone 6 plus.
at this point im bout to get a RTA from DJI and send back this MPP - Goggles - and Slingpack back before the return policy ends and then im stuck. who knows when they are gonna fix this issue and i dont understand why they didnt just update the MPP to that 1.04 before they shipped them out hell they had them long enough. any suggestions on a possible fix let me know
2017-10-21
Use props
Raw1261
lvl.2
United States

MPP that i cannot fly

just got the MPP and its just sitting...just like it did for the month i waited for it...anyways i did the update and the DJI GO 4 app does not respond at all ... it may show a image with the flight info however does not respond to any touch controls and it may come on without the flight info and still no response. i 1st tried it with ios 11.1 beta 4 and then i wiped phone and went to the 11.0 commercial [non beta] using a iphone 6 plus.
at this point im bout to get a RTA from DJI and send back this MPP - Goggles - and Slingpack back before the return policy ends and then im stuck. who knows when they are gonna fix this issue and i dont understand why they didnt just update the MPP to that 1.04 before they shipped them out hell they had them long enough. any suggestions on a possible fix let me know
2017-10-21
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You have not really explained very well the actual problem. It sounds like you are saying the RC is not connecting to the Mavic, is that correct?
Perhaps you could give more detail and also advise what firmware is on the Mavic and RC and the version of the app you are using.
2017-10-21
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

You've discovered the weak link! DJI GO 4 is like the first version of Windows. It's got all the memory leaks, process overruns, and kernel panics! Cool huh? And there's no fix in sight. DJI don't even acknowledge the ACTUAL issue... A complete rewrite of the software, but try getting them to do it. Every update makes it worse, so get an iPhone 12 Plus Plus Plus so it'll be powerful enough.
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Is the firmware update successful and what's the current aircraft and controller firmware? Please upload a short video for better assistance. Thank you in advance!
2017-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ have you updated FW on craft
2/ have you updated FW on remote
3/ have you activated
4/ have you signed into your app

You need to give some proper information here if your looking for answers, nobody cares if your running beta, you can do all above on your phone using app, or you can use dji assistant 2.
This is not a straight out of the box product you purchased if you take your time and read instructions and apply the necessary you will be connected in no time.
2017-10-22
Use props
Raw1261
lvl.2
United States

Ok. I have the remote and MPP updated to 1.04 however on the MPP when it’s done it says 1.04. It it still has the upgrade button up.
Goggles is activated as far as MPP since iPhone freezes that may not be activated and I have signed up into app.
I’m using a iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 11.1 beta4 and ive also tried 11.0 iOS. Here’s a screenshot of what I’m getting. Mind you the iPhone and dji go does not respond to touch at all
1AFFAA97-9056-436F-8E2D-930EA5C25091.png
4EEEDCA6-A13E-48F9-B109-19F025F5AF37.png
EF82276E-8CB6-4854-88AD-26DD81EBC94B.png
2017-10-22
Use props
Raw1261\
lvl.2
United States

As soon as mop is turned on app freezes. Works with touch before that menus open up but once I turn on mop all that stops. I’ve tried multiple ways
Mpp on
Rc on
App on
Eat ....no matter what combo not working
2017-10-22
Use props
Raw1261\
lvl.2
United States

And FOR THE RECORD I used assistant 2 the 1st time I updated I then went back to 1.03 and used DJI GO 4 to re-update to 1.04.
I understand it’s not a OUT THE BOX item being I’ve been flying phantom 2-4 previously so I’m not ignorant to this. This dji go 4 and iPhone is having issues
2017-10-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Raw1261\@mac.co Posted at 2017-10-22 05:12
And FOR THE RECORD I used assistant 2 the 1st time I updated I then went back to 1.03 and used DJI GO 4 to re-update to 1.04.
I understand it’s not a OUT THE BOX item being I’ve been flying phantom 2-4 previously so I’m not ignorant to this. This dji go 4 and iPhone is having issues

Have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go 4, I have no problems running it on my iPhone 6s Plus on iOS 11.0.3.

I usually turn on Mavic first and give it a few seconds to initialise before turning on controller & App'.

Another thing you could try is connecting phone to lower USB socket (the side cable must be unplugged from controller for lower socket to work). This would at least prove there is no fault in short side cable if you get same symptoms.
2017-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Raw1261\@mac.co Posted at 2017-10-22 05:12

I would try as Ardvark suggested  you shouldn’t have a problem with iPhone 6s, you do need 1.0 4 to use MPP.
thought from your OP that you might be a noob, beg your pardon should not have assumed.
2017-10-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope you get this problem sorted out.
2017-10-22
Use props
Raw1261\
lvl.2
United States

Yea. I hand to totally wipe phone and left iOS 11.0.3 on.
FYI. iOS 11.1 has issues with dji go 4
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules