Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Gimbal twitch / glitch
1003 3 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans04e909d5
lvl.1
United States

I aplogize if this has been answered elsewhere. I couldn't find the answer if it has.
Attached is an example of what my gimbal does nine out of ten times that I initiate a sideways movement (however gradual). Basically, the gimbal does a single violent twitch each time I change direction to go side to side. I've gone through imu calibration and checked that the gimbal tabs are in the right place and free moving.
In this short scene, you'll see the drone going straight up. I pause for about half a second and then start a gradual sideways movemement. At the moment I start the sideways movement, the gimbal twitches hard.

I'm on firmware 1.03.0900. The gimbal settiings are:

Gimbal pitch speed 8
Gimbal smoothness 20
EXP .25 .10 .15
Sensitivity - Yaw movement limit 50

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks so much for your help!

-Scott

2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, has the drone been crashed or had hard landing before? If not, please try to reset the gimbal settings and check the gimbal performance in hover status.
2017-10-22
Use props
Scjnsn
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 00:32
Just to verify, has the drone been crashed or had hard landing before? If not, please try to reset the gimbal settings and check the gimbal performance in hover status.

Thanks Susan,

The drone has never crashed and I land it in my hand. I'll try resetting the settings and see what that does.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Scjnsn Posted at 2017-10-22 12:27
Thanks Susan,

The drone has never crashed and I land it in my hand. I'll try resetting the settings and see what that does.

Please keep us updated, besides, I would recommend you also do a Gimbal calibration,
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules