Can we please get a follow me gps arm band for Spark
3849 20 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBSpark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47969 ft
Australia

I really need to get rid of the phone and remote sitting on my mountain bike handlebars while I ride because they are vibrating themselves to death !
I know gesture mode is the real answer but hey it doesn't work and even if it did I have had my spark following me then all of a sudden jump onto someone else (bye bye sparky).

So I really need some kind of stand alone arm band (no phone, no remote, no dji go4) with built in gps and barometer which will enhance the active track visual lock on system by making it more precise and ensure it stays locked on to the actual user.
- You also need some basic flight controls like a D-Pad so you can land and move the spark away from trees..
- If you think this is too hard then think again... Check out the Yuneec Wizard Stick since this would be perfect but maybe something more compact.

PLEASE DJI Why can't anyone see this is an obvious must have add-on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pic2.jpg
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your attention. Your idea is forwarded to our engineers.
2017-10-23
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Why don´t you just use your phone (with no remote). Put the phone on the pocket.

I do all my running videos this way (just phone, on the pocket). Works very well.

2017-10-23
Use props
Bearmartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197411 ft
United Kingdom

i have a brand new Airdog I can sell you for a good price
2017-10-23
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2017-10-23 05:45
Why don´t you just use your phone (with no remote). Put the phone on the pocket.

I do all my running videos this way (just phone, on the pocket). Works very well.

Why should there be a difference between a phone with no remote and a phone with one?
The spark should be able to follow the phone either way. If it's not, that's something that shouldn't be too hard to fix. The GPS of the phone is there anyway.
2017-10-23
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now that is a serious accessory! Fingers crossed!
2017-10-23
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-23 10:18
Why should there be a difference between a phone with no remote and a phone with one?
The spark should be able to follow the phone either way. If it's not, that's something that shouldn't be too hard to fix. The GPS of the phone is there anyway.

“Why should there be a difference between a phone with no remote and a phone with one?”

I phone attached to a remote would not fit on my pant´s pocket ;-)

2017-10-24
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Use Litchi software, is has follow me option , spark followed the GPS phone location instead of active track software
2017-10-24
Use props
d0ppler
New
Flight distance : 554944 ft
Norway

I just bought the Litchi app, but I can't seem to find the "follow me" option. Where is it hidden?
2017-10-26
Use props
d0ppler
New
Flight distance : 554944 ft
Norway

And when I scroll down:
2017-10-26
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Huh it should be, please send mail to: support@flylitchi.com
Android works
2017-10-27
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

iOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark

Version 1.18.0
- added support for Spark: all flight modes are supported except waypoint/orbit at this time (if you are using Spark with the remote controller, you must connect using Wi-Fi between the RC and the mobile device, connecting via USB OTG is not currently supported)
- added Tripod function in FPV mode (for supported drones only: Spark/Mavic Pro/Phantom 4 Adv-Pro/Inspire 2)
- added custom function to "Toggle Tripod Mode"
- added "Gimbal Gesture Control" general setting that lets you enable/disable the scroll movements on the video preview to move the gimbal
- added "Show GEO Warning Zones" general setting that lets you show/hide GEO warning zones on the map
- added a stop button in all flight modes that can be used to stop the current flight (waypoint, orbit, pano, focus, track)
- a warning will now be shown when "Multiple Flight Mode" is disabled in DJI Go
2017-10-27
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

Dji Spark can´t follow gps.... I think it hasn´t FOLLOW ME, only ACTIVE TRACK. And it´s limited to 100m from homepoint when you start (maybe with lastest firmware and HOME POINT AUTOMATIC you can reach 100 meters from start point.

2017-10-27
Use props
JBSpark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47969 ft
Australia

Guys not true that it cant follow the GPS since the follow me GPS Mavic feature is available in the Modded APK and it works so not sure why its not released in the official software DJI ??
But the point is that I want to fly it without phone and controller hanging off my handlebars.

I have tried the phone on its own (Nexus6) and its very flakey and disconnects only a few meters away

What is with this new Gesture mode with updated home point ?? I cant really get gesture mode to follow me now (maybe it doesn't like the looks of me) but on more than 1 occassion I have had the active track start following someone else.. This could be dangerous in gesture mode if there are no boundaries any more yes ?

BTW here is the finished video with some active track. Had to take it really easy to stop my phone falling out of the controller but this is the kind of footage Im after.. Ha ha Airdog2 looks great but too big !

2017-11-1
Use props
Klaus W.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 118366 ft

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-23 01:38
Thanks for your attention. Your idea is forwarded to our engineers.

If one could temporarily disable the inputs of the rc/phone (think ctrl-alt-del) after initiating active track, one could stow it in one‘s backpack and moving the sticks/ pressing a button while in there would have no unwanted effect. When done one would take the rc from one‘s pack and activate the controls again, retrieve and land the spark
2018-7-10
Use props
Noble797
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42605 ft

I second this. Would make it easier to track my son while he’s playing sports
2018-7-25
Use props
Noble797
lvl.2

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-24 03:14
Use Litchi software, is has follow me option , spark followed the GPS phone location instead of active track software

Does Litchi work with a rc cable connection or just WiFi?
2018-7-25
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

just wifi sir
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Noble797 Posted at 2018-7-25 00:21
Does Litchi work with a rc cable connection or just WiFi?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, I would like to inform you that using a third party may avoid the warranty of your drones when the unit experience an incident. Please see the link for our aftersales policy.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2018-7-28
Use props
Noble797
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-28 03:52
Hi, thanks for the inquiry, I would like to inform you that using a third party may avoid the warranty of your drones when the unit experience an incident. Please see the link for our aftersales policy.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy

I understand, but it can’t be helped when DJI pushes out poor update.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Noble797 Posted at 2018-7-28 13:41
I understand, but it can’t be helped when DJI pushes out poor update.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, rest assured that we will keep improving our app to provide better service. Thank you.
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules