Its update time, Hoooo dear
1051 12 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alien tech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84902 ft
Bulgaria

Question 1 why can't they leave us alone?   I used my drone with old drivers and systems which were about a year old, only 3.5, or 4 months ago, Yep it said updates needed, but Ha ho it flew OK no problems, and thats with one of those nasty after market batteries that were cheap as chips. No problems.  Turned it all off, put it away,  three and half, or four months later out it comes and after charge up  for a little fly over my my firends village. OOOh deep joy, we had the controller bleeping mad nonestop red lights flashing.  drone having an epileptic fit. BUt, But I have not touched the stpid thing!  Anyway,  got it kind of  going and done a 8 mins flight.  
Ok so now lets get the old bird home for a check up. It seems on the quiet DJI and their wonderful go APP  has been doing little things on my phone behind my back, updating or trying to the Go app software, I don't want that, but its done anyway.  So I downloaded V1.11.20 update after a format of the chip. Stuffed it the drone, turned it on and had that normal R2D2 laugage on and on for 10 mins. Then had the completed beep at the end, checked the file which said upgrade sucessful at the top of the TXT file, although there were a bunch of them, abort due to software being older one side than the other, Not sure about that one, but no success comment at the bottom of the list, Ummmm. top of page comment said it but not the bottom!  But we moved on anyway

deleteed my old Go app from the phone, downloaded AP3.1.11 I think it is to the phone. Plugged cable between controller and phone for connection, and turned it all on. Frist check calibration of the sticks, re-done that and the nasty beeping and red light stuff from controller has stopped, YEA! Checked firmware on the controller from my Go app, which says it needed updating, so I did, now it says I have 1.9.2 on the controller. Stupid silly me now thinks everything is now fine and its fly time, Stupid me!  Now turn on the drone, turn on the controller, fire up the Go- app, AND- Nothing, can't fire the engines up, NO camera at all now. SO I am lost in a sea of confusion or world of confusion if your a Genissis fan.

ANy ideas or help. Cos I am beginning to hate my drone, it's getting personal..
2017-10-22
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
France

Is the controller able to connect to the drone? After the latest update I had to re-pair the drone (p3p) with the hand set controller. After that all went great! i hope its something simple like that for you too and that you get it all sorted ;)
2017-10-22
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

After updating the controller...are you getting a green light indicating it is connected to the P3?
If yes......what does the status say in the Go App?
More information needed.
2017-10-22
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turn TX first - then the drone then fire up the app....what happens now
2017-10-22
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Tmygun Posted at 2017-10-22 03:45
After updating the controller...are you getting a green light indicating it is connected to the P3?
If yes......what does the status say in the Go App?
More information needed.

Nop No green light on the controller.
2017-10-22
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-10-22 04:17
Turn TX first - then the drone then fire up the app....what happens now

I the the controller on first, then the drone. as said on other reply nothing happens, no green light, they are not talking.
2017-10-22
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to re- link the tx to the drone via the app
2017-10-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I was about to ask if you had remembered to update your manual, but can't see where DJI has hidden that for the P3A.

As A-I say, you might just need to re-link.
2017-10-22
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

HI thanks for you help. It was NOT paired, what a retard i was completely forgot about that little bit. Oppps
2017-10-22
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Alien tech Posted at 2017-10-22 04:57
HI thanks for you help. It was NOT paired, what a retard i was completely forgot about that little bit. Oppps

, happens to the best of us.
2017-10-22
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alien tech Posted at 2017-10-22 04:57

It happens......that's why you come to the forum.
And usually you can find the answer!
2017-10-22
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Tmygun Posted at 2017-10-22 06:07
It happens......that's why you come to the forum.
And usually you can find the answer!

True, the problem us mere mortals have is if you don't use these things quite frequently, the dementia cuts in, and it all gets a little hazy, specially when your over 60 like ME, ahah. it needs the Gods of drones, the avid enthusiasts, or the Pro's to step in and give us a little nudge here and there. Thanks again, Drone Gods.   P.S. tested in the skies and now works spot on, for 5 minutes...
2017-10-22
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just curious, does your aftermarket battery still work?
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules