Battery Storage
4010 5 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

Well it looks like the cold weather is starting to settle into the mountains and probably won't be flying much over the next several months. My question is how are most of you storing your batteries during long periods of inactivity? I have 5 batteries and one of the DJI chargers that has the storage switch and accoring to the specs it says just leave the batteries on the charger in the storage mode and they will be kept at around 50%. Is this the best way to keep them so that they will be good for use in a few months?

2017-10-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a read of the battery safety Guide

Which is downloadable from Here

In the maintenance section at the bottom they also recommend a full discharge and charge every three months. That of course would be a discharge until aircraft powers off itself (sitting stationary), which would be about 8 %.

Edit:- nothing of course stopping you flying and getting some superb photos and video when it's a bit colder. As long as it's dry and not too windy.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please take care of the batter according to safety guideline.
Please discharge the battery to 45%-60% if it will not be used for a long time, but you need to fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain battery health.
Please read clearly more details here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf

battery.png
2017-10-29
Use props
fansb10b6d30
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1060 ft
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-29 01:53
Please take care of the batter according to safety guideline.
Please discharge the battery to 45%-60% if it will not be used for a long time, but you need to fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain battery health.
Please read clearly more details here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf

How about using a dip charger, such as the one used with car batteries? Have you got anything on that? I am afraid not using the battery for 3 weeks during a vacation may kill my batteries, and I have lots of them (many drones).
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansb10b6d30 Posted at 11-13 09:44
How about using a dip charger, such as the one used with car batteries? Have you got anything on that? I am afraid not using the battery for 3 weeks during a vacation may kill my batteries, and I have lots of them (many drones).

Hi there, we recommend charging the battery with its own charger, please do not use the third party charger.
The battery will automatically discharge itself to below 65% of the battery level when it is left idle for more than 10 days, please do not over-discharge the battery.
2018-11-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Simple ... forget all this about 50 - 65% and charging this that and other.

Charge up battery to full ... put aside and let the auto--storage discharge do its work.

Every few weeks repeat.... or just wait until 1 + flashing second LED when checked ... if at that level - charge up full again and leave to auto-storage discharge again.

Simple - no messing about with part charge or anything silly !

Nigel
2018-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules