"Unfortunately DJI GO 4 has stopped"
9226 25 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregAllen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493012 ft
United States

First time startup of Phantom 4 Pro+.  Both controller and aircraft on.  Wi-fi connected.  Went through initialization routine successfully.  Now I get the following message "Unfortunately DJI GO 4 has stopped" with the controller recycling to attempt to show application for only a few seconds, then the messages pops up again.  Tried rebooting without success.

Recommendations?

Thanks

Greg
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Greg, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to reset the RC: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset, it will be helpful.
2017-10-23
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493012 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-23 00:24
Greg, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to reset the RC: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset, it will be helpful.

I can’t get to the Settings since all I have is the crash screen.  Is there another way to reset the controller?
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GregAllen Posted at 2017-10-23 06:50
I can’t get to the Settings since all I have is the crash screen.  Is there another way to reset the controller?

You can also connect the RC with DJI Assistant 2 to restore to factory settings.
2017-10-25
Use props
Little flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1565719 ft
Nepal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-25 02:40
You can also connect the RC with DJI Assistant 2 to restore to factory settings.

How do you connect phantom 4 pro RC with DJI assistant 2. My remote does not have that lightning connector
2017-10-25
Use props
Little flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1565719 ft
Nepal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-25 02:40

How do you connect phantom 4 pro RC with DJI assistant 2. My remote does not have that lightning connector
2017-10-25
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

I suggest you get used to it happening.   While I would like to see DJI get rid of the app crashes it is unlikely to never happen again.  Especially if you use the intelligent flight modes.  So I had to develop a procedure to follow when app crashed and based on comments I came up with the following:
1) Hit pause button and observe aircraft to see if it did pause and go into hover.
2) Switch to ATTI mode and back to “P” mode to get it out of intelligent flight mode.
3) If aircraft is close by manually fly it home.
4) If aircraft farther away and if I’m sure that smart RTH has been set up properly and area is clear, then press button to start RTH.
5) If aircraft starts to ascend to RTH altitude, then take hands off controls unless needed for landing.
6) If nothing happens when RTH button is pushed then turn RC off & on and when RC link light is green start  GO app.  When GO app shows aircraft status and location, try RTH again and if it fails then fly home manually.
Is there anything I’m missing, suggestions?
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Little flyer Posted at 2017-10-25 02:44

It is a feature of RC of P4P+, the one with build-in screen. As for standard RC of P4P, you can hold the three bars on the right side of DJI GO 4 for 10 seconds to refresh the RC firmware.
2017-10-27
Use props
Sy FY
New
Australia

I have the same issue and have tried what you recommend with no success.
2017-10-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 03:02
It is a feature of RC of P4P+, the one with build-in screen. As for standard RC of P4P, you can hold the three bars on the right side of DJI GO 4 for 10 seconds to refresh the RC firmware.

I newer got that working, Assistant 2 did nothing when i plugged my +RC to the laptop, has tried normal startup and startup without driver signing, tried starting Assitant 2 as user and as administrator, just didn't work. Reset from buttons or App has been the way.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-27 09:25
I newer got that working, Assistant 2 did nothing when i plugged my +RC to the laptop, has tried normal startup and startup without driver signing, tried starting Assitant 2 as user and as administrator, just didn't work. Reset from buttons or App has been the way.

Does it occur when you connect the aircraft?
2017-10-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-28 02:55

I had no problems connecting AC, only the RC (GL300E) did nothing at all.

Edit: GL300E C1 afair, if it makes a change.
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-28 03:01
I had no problems connecting AC, only the RC (GL300E) did nothing at all.

Edit: GL300E C1 afair, if it makes a change.

I also find your reply in this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1013036 Please kindly offer the info we needed if you need further assistance.
2017-10-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 02:11
I also find your reply in this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=117293&page=1#pid1013036 Please kindly offer the info we needed if you need further assistance.

As i say two post above only thing i can supply by now would be old screenshots.

Not sure even what to reply, Assistant 2 did not respond when controller was connected, simple as that.
As the only thing i would have been able to do was a reset i see it as no big issue, could reset with buttons and from app anyway.
I can add that there was no issues with the connection to Laptop for access to filesystem on RC, only Assistant did nothing.
2017-10-31
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

That may be part of the knowledge quiz that you will have to take now before flying.
2017-10-31
Use props
Waterfalls69
New

United States

Do you have an iPad Pro or an iPhone 8 or 8 plus that you are using with your drone? They are NOT compatible to use with the DJI Go 4 app, which ironically has been out about the same time as an iPad Pro
2017-10-31
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Waterfalls69 Posted at 2017-10-31 06:26
Do you have an iPad Pro or an iPhone 8 or 8 plus that you are using with your drone? They are NOT compatible to use with the DJI Go 4 app, which ironically has been out about the same time as an iPad Pro

Thanks for the warning, but this thread is regarding the P4P with buildin screen, owners of this can't even connect any iPhones, smart phones or other tablets/pads.

In other words, some find that DJI Go4 is not always compatible with even DJI's own hardware
2017-10-31
Use props
Apollos98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12211 ft
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-28 02:55

I just bought my Phantom 4 Advanced+ and the RC is suffering from the same disease. What can we do?
2019-6-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apollos98 Posted at 6-10 00:04
I just bought my Phantom 4 Advanced+ and the RC is suffering from the same disease. What can we do?

Hi Apollos98, sorry for the late response. May I know what's the current version of the firmware and APP? You may update to the latest version to check.
2019-6-13
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's 2019 the plus R/C still crashes. I have to turn the R/C off and then back on again (reboot) and hope my P4P either stays safe or returns home and hope the precision landing works if it doesn't boot up in time.

Sometimes I wish I didn't buy the plus controller. The app runs great on OS my Ipad mini 4 works flawlessly.
2019-6-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Edward J Smith Posted at 6-19 17:00
It's 2019 the plus R/C still crashes. I have to turn the R/C off and then back on again (reboot) and hope my P4P either stays safe or returns home and hope the precision landing works if it doesn't boot up in time.

Sometimes I wish I didn't buy the plus controller. The app runs great on OS my Ipad mini 4 works flawlessly.

I - for change - never had a single issue with P4P+. The most polite drone in my 5-piece fleet of DJI quads ...
2019-6-20
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-20 10:16
I - for change - never had a single issue with P4P+. The most polite drone in my 5-piece fleet of DJI quads ...

You are one of the lucky ones. Just 5 days ago I was hovering at 275 alt. and 50 distance and it happen. I tried the sticks and nothing. Had to reboot and because it was only 50ft a way it started to land where it was. Thankfully the reboot was quick and I got control of it with 30ft left in alt and got I back up or it was heading for the roof of a car. Some day my luck is going to run out, I just know it.
2019-6-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Edward J Smith Posted at 6-21 05:48
You are one of the lucky ones. Just 5 days ago I was hovering at 275 alt. and 50 distance and it happen. I tried the sticks and nothing. Had to reboot and because it was only 50ft a way it started to land where it was. Thankfully the reboot was quick and I got control of it with 30ft left in alt and got I back up or it was heading for the roof of a car. Some day my luck is going to run out, I just know it.

So, something must be wrong with either your RC or build in device. Perhaps it'll be wise to borrow another controller just to see if the issue is persistent. Counting on luck is NOT the best strategy for aircraft pilot ...
2019-6-21
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I believe it is the android os. It has never been a flawless app in the cell phone/table world nor the + controller, at least not any of mine.
2019-6-26
Use props
Wisnu Abdillah
New

My dji phantom 4+ out message unfortunately dji go 4 has stopped with black screen, how to handle it?
2019-10-14
Use props
Wisnu Abdillah
New

My dji phantom 4+ out message unfortunately dji go 4 has stopped with black screen, how to handle it?
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules