Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vision sensor error message
23047 22 2017-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adpal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1880 ft
United States

I have had my Mavic pro about a week bought it last Monday and only flew 3-4 times.  Just did a firware update Friday i belive and now have error messages as follows

Forward left vision sensor error
Hardware malfunction contact dji support for repair
vision system error
restart aircraft contect dji if problem persists

Well i downloaded the dji assist software to try and calibrate sensors and nothing shows from left vision sensor at all it never even made a box on the screen for me to line up.
What should i try next any help appreciated

Adam
The proud owner of a week old borken mavic
and a Phantom pro i cant get to update correctly (maybe its just me lol)

2017-10-22
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you clean the sensor with the camera lens wipes. Reset everything and start from the beginning. If it is working DO NOT UPDATE.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Adam, as Dronist mentioned, please try to clean the sensor, then try it again. If it persists, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, see if it works.
2017-10-22
Use props
adpal
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-22 18:51
Adam, as Dronist mentioned, please try to clean the sensor, then try it again. If it persists, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, see if it works.

Cleaned the sensor and also reset back to older firmware left sensor still not working and is all black no vision from it
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

adpal Posted at 2017-10-23 18:50
Cleaned the sensor and also reset back to older firmware left sensor still not working and is all black no vision from it

Could you please provide us with the screenshot of the DJI Assistant 2 interface when initiating VPS calibration? Is there an impact damage to the drone before? You can try to reinstall the application or calibrate it on another PC to see if it works.
2017-10-24
Use props
adpal
lvl.1
United States

Here is screenshot of error messages no impact on drone. Ill try get shot of calibration screen soon
20A01D6A-D671-4338-94F6-5A5D1668D8DA.png
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

adpal Posted at 2017-10-24 18:10
Here is screenshot of error messages no impact on drone. Ill try get shot of calibration screen soon

Thank you, please try to relink the drone to DJI Assistant 2 for times, if the left sensor keeps staying black, I recommend sending the drone in for an overall check, it might be a hardware issue.
2017-10-24
Use props
adpal
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-24 19:15
Thank you, please try to relink the drone to DJI Assistant 2 for times, if the left sensor keeps staying black, I recommend sending the drone in for an overall check, it might be a hardware issue.

Thanks for all the help everyone i filed for a repair and made a request so i can mail it to dji

Thanks
2017-10-25
Use props
fans8a01f6b2
New

India

My dji spark is showing error camera sensor error and forward vision sensor error. And 0×800000 what happen to my spark I don't know.. I have never crashed it.. please tell me what to do.. Because it is brand new .. and I have email to dji care they are saying I have to send drone to them but it is impossible to send drone to them because in India it is restricted to send or receive.. Plz tell me what I have to repair shall I change whole camera gimbal assembly available on many online sites
2017-11-1
Use props
fans8a01f6b2
New

India

My dji spark is showing error camera sensor error and forward vision sensor error. And 0×800000 what happen to my spark I don't know.. I have never crashed it.. please tell me what to do.. Because it is brand new .. and I have email to dji care they are saying I have to send drone to them but it is impossible to send drone to them because in India it is restricted to send or receive.. Plz tell me what I have to repair shall I change whole camera gimbal assembly available on many online sites
image2.png
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans8a01f6b2 Posted at 2017-11-1 09:58

What is the firmware version of this drone? Please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, see if it helps. Besides, where did you purchase the drone? Please contact the dealer, see if they can help you send it in for diagnosis and repair.
2017-11-2
Use props
HighPerCom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22749 ft
United States

Same boat here! I'm thinking since I've never been able to fly it yet let alone I purchased it yesterday I might go in the morning and exchange it for a new one at Best Buy. Very disappointed..... I can't even try to calibrate. Probably would have flown fine before the update but I never tried. Figured I should do the updates first. Ooops! Maybe it is defective but if I exchange it and the second one does the same thing I'll be back to let everyone here know.
2017-12-26
Use props
HighPerCom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22749 ft
United States

V01.00.0900 - and latest on the controller as well. Using the latest Android App and I've tried Android 6.0 as well as 7.0. Same results. Encoder error.. going to exchange it at Best Buy tomorrow and will update if the 2nd one has the same problem. What the heck DJI! Come on!! I just want to use what I bought. I have a hard time believing there's that many that are defective. Seems like a lame excuse or very poor quality control. I don't' know but I'm very disappointed!
2017-12-26
Use props
soundscomplex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8944 ft
Australia

Can't seem to make a thread but a very similar error occurring
2018-1-3
Use props
soundscomplex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8944 ft
Australia

Can't seem to make a thread but a very similar error occurring.. Brand new Mavic out the box, iinstalled new firmware during which the controller disconnected from my phone as I was doing it from the app. Reinstalled the following day and it worked fine. Purchased the DJI Care Refresh and then went to the park to fly. Was getting Vision System Error on the app, so did not end up flying it more than a simple take off and landing. Tried to calibrate vision system with DJI Assistant 2 and the left sensor is greyed out (completley grey picture). I've checked multiple times for film or stickers on the lens but there is nothing. Right one seems to work fine. Pretty upset as the Mavic was a replacement for a dodgy Phantom 3 Standard I had to return and is now sold out where I purchased the Mavic from, so will be unable to switch it out easily.  I've refreshed firmware twice, yet when i go to calibrate it still only the right sensor works. if I hold my finger in front of the right sensor it tells me that it has lost all vision of the calibration image

Going for a holiday in a week and desperately wanted to take the Mavic down. Any chance that it is simply a result of the failed firmware update? I havent crashed it, it has been straight out of the box.
2018-1-3
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
Flight distance : 509045 ft
United States

I keep re calibrating my vision sensors through my dji app all the sensors are showing images calibrate works fine drone will start back working right for less than 5 minutes then the error re occurs

I spoke with DJI I did an IMU calibration and then another sensor calibration and same thing it will work for 5 minutes and stop
2018-2-5
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
United States

I've had my mavic since Feb 1st 2018 did a firmware update on the 4 th and now this issue with the vision sensor

First it was the left vision sensor then it was all of them
2018-2-5
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
United States

Dji is asking me to send it in for repairs but I shouldn't have to get a brand new drone repaired if it is defective and I got it from Costco and it was the last one and they don't intend on getting anymore

Dji ask me to get a refund and get if from them but I only paid 799 for a new one and dji mavic is 999 then dji tried to get me to purchase a used one for 799...

I purchased a new one that is defective please just send me a replacement
2018-2-5
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
United States

I did a factory reset and reinstalled all firmware and I haven't had an issue since... I let the drone run for about 30 minutes I will keep testing tomorrow to see what happens
2018-2-5
Use props
fanse3172178
lvl.2
United States

I turned my drone on this morning after doing all the calibrating and re installing of the firmware and I have the vision sensor error again
2018-2-6
Use props
djiuser_p943oD7bnjZL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233760 ft
Malaysia

After diagnosis from local DJI authorized,my spark gimbal,camera and other components have to replace.Unfortunately DJI 6 months warranty just expired.Shipping cost+repair cost almost can buy a new spark.(My spark without crash and suddenly shown those error).I lost confidence in DJI products.
Screenshot_20180127-140733.jpg
2018-2-6
Use props
GLF
New
United States

I had a vision sensor Calibration error trying to use DJI Assistant2.  Tried multiple times with my computer monitor.  All failed.  Finally tried the exact same thing on an old HP laptop and it worked first time.  
2018-5-1
Use props
chitrabhanu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258652 ft
India

My mavic pro's sensors are not working, I can't calibrate either. Even not getting any error messages. Everytime I try to calibrate getting message ' Please reboot the aircraft'. Tried to calibrate in Windows 7 and Windows 10 but no luck. Downgraded the firmware version but still having same problem. Can anyone help me regarding this issue?
2019-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules