RC signal question
610 10 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

2 weeks ago I had 1 of my motor's replaced (Back left motor). It was  showing signs that it was on it's way out. The technician had to remove  the antenna before replacing the motor. So when putting back everything,  he had to re-solder the antenna cable to the antenna before the repair  was complete. Yesterday I did a test flight and flew out to 1000 meters.  No issues. The HD downlink was constantly scanning for a stable signal  though. A local told me the nearby Marina has an antenna that may of  been interfering with my signal. When I got out to 1500 meters and  stopped to hover. I noticed the RC signal dropped 1 bar when it was full  bars. After hovering 1500 meters out, the RC signal went to full bars.  While hovering, I even rotated the Inspire and didn't see any  difference. What I noticed was the video feed looking terrible as I  would rotate it so I can see if there was a difference in signal  strength. As I pushed further, the RC would drop again 1 bar. Could this  of been the antenna at the Marina causing this interference?

Also, if the re-soldering of the antenna cable and antenna wasn't done  properly or it snapped off somehow... How would I be able to tell? I  would assume the RC signal would drop and then disconnect before I reach  500 meters out with the rear of the Inspire facing me?

My apologizes if this issue was answered before. I'm just not 100% when  the RC signal would disconnect if there was an issue with the antenna  soldering.

Thanks in advance!
2017-10-23
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

RC signal question

2 weeks ago I had 1 of my motor's replaced (Back left motor). It was  showing signs that it was on it's way out. The technician had to remove  the antenna before replacing the motor. So when putting back everything,  he had to re-solder the antenna cable to the antenna before the repair  was complete. Yesterday I did a test flight and flew out to 1000 meters.  No issues. The HD downlink was constantly scanning for a stable signal  though. A local told me the nearby Marina has an antenna that may of  been interfering with my signal. When I got out to 1500 meters and  stopped to hover. I noticed the RC signal dropped 1 bar when it was full  bars. After hovering 1500 meters out, the RC signal went to full bars.  While hovering, I even rotated the Inspire and didn't see any  difference. What I noticed was the video feed looking terrible as I  would rotate it so I can see if there was a difference in signal  strength. As I pushed further, the RC would drop again 1 bar. Could this  of been the antenna at the Marina causing this interference?

Also, if the re-soldering of the antenna cable and antenna wasn't done  properly or it snapped off somehow... How would I be able to tell? I  would assume the RC signal would drop and then disconnect before I reach  500 meters out with the rear of the Inspire facing me?

My apologizes if this issue was answered before. I'm just not 100% when  the RC signal would disconnect if there was an issue with the antenna  soldering.

Thanks in advance!
2017-10-23
Use props
Des_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Cabralkev,

I am afraid there is no precise answer to your question.

If there was an issue with the soldering ( and I am not saying there was), then the range achieved would be proportionally affected, by the resistance/impedance of the joint.

Regards

Des
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please try to fly at another place and without interference. You can check if the position of your antenna is in the right place. Please keep us updated.
P4P_Controller_EN.gif
2017-10-23
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would fly the AC at another location and first fly  with the Aircraft orientated with the Repair antenna going directly back to the RC.  Then rotate the AC 180 degrees so the other  2 antennas are pointing directly back to the AC. If you have a  large signal dropout on the side that the antenna was repaired then you may have a problem .  Keep in mind that there are 4 antenna on the AC located in the legs of the AC, best reception is obtained when the AC is directly facing you or directly away , if the AC is sideways in relation to the RC signal is greatly reduced.  

Be sure to look at the AC and the location of the antennas in the legs of the AC, the antennas have sticker covering them , this will give you a better idea of what I mean .

My gut tells me if you are getting 1500 meters out that the antenna re soldering was correct .  Keep in. ind that the AC on each side of the AC where the antennas are located have One antenna for the video transmission and one for control of the AC.( on each side of the AC , font and back )  do you happen to know which one was repaired ?

Like I said more than likely the repair was satisfactory because if it was not you would not have gotten anywhere near that distance  without loosing signal  if the repair was not done correctly .

Also go to the HD settings on the Go app and make sure the BIT rate is set for the Max distance and not set for best video but shorted range.  This can be a huge factor in the Range of the Video signal was well.

I find that the video signal quality is NO BETTER when set to max bit  quality   but significantly  range affected if  not is set to max bit rate.  

Hope this helps

donnie
2017-10-23
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-23 03:14
Please try to fly at another place and without interference. You can check if the position of your antenna is in the right place. Please keep us updated.

Suddenly I cannot post pics to the forum on my Mac, did something change or is it on my end ???

sorry to be off topic  but saw you online

donnie
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Donnie * Posted at 2017-10-23 04:50
Suddenly I cannot post pics to the forum on my Mac, did something change or is it on my end ???

I had replied you in your thread, please update there. Thanks.
2017-10-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-10-23 04:50

Looks like the photos are pasting ok Donnie  

edit: photo removed by poster

Rich
2017-10-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-23 03:14

Nice animation Elektra   this really helps show the best positions as you stated...

Rich
2017-10-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hard to answer your question, I would believe the repair was checked by the technician and would have passed QC testing. My guess is your Inspire had some interference at this location. Most of us that fly in many locations have found some HD steaming issues from time to time but can be avoided if you switch to custom mode and finding a clear channel before flying. Automatic mode should work in most cases, but I generally like to manually adjust this myself.

All the best
Rich
IMG_9403.PNG

IMG_0039.jpg
2017-10-23
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-23 20:07
Looks like the photos are pasting ok Donnie  

[view_image]

Thanks Rich , I will check it again.  Might be in my browser.....

donnie
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules