Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Obtaining Access to Restricted NFZ
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Ok, well I have submitted my first Part 107 Waiver to the FAA to do a tower inspection that is within a DJI Red and/or Yellow NFZ. I have seen some information in threads stating that you need to contact dji@flysafe.com. Once I receive my authorization does anyone know what information DJI will need to unlock my P4P and allow flight within the Restricted Zone?

Would like to have that info so I'm not fumbling when submitting the request.
2017-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Please post a video of the tower, once the job is finished? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-10-23
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-23 01:23
Please post a video of the tower, once the job is finished? ;-)

Will do,  FAA notified me can take up to 90 days for authorization, they do however give you a 3 day window to operate, just need to notify tower 30 minutes before launch and notification immediately after final landing.

Just thought maybe someone on here has gotten access thru DJI for this before, I know I will not be able to starts the motors in this NFZ without DJI giving me access and I know I will need my waiver authorization # to get them to do it. Wondering if they need more info than that, you know like my political party affiliation, middle name of my first born, or the color of my poop this morning!
2017-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-23 01:37
Will do,  FAA notified me can take up to 90 days for authorization, they do however give you a 3 day window to operate, just need to notify tower 30 minutes before launch and notification immediately after final landing.

Just thought maybe someone on here has gotten access thru DJI for this before, I know I will not be able to starts the motors in this NFZ without DJI giving me access and I know I will need my waiver authorization # to get them to do it. Wondering if they need more info than that, you know like my political party affiliation, middle name of my first born, or the color of my poop this morning!

None of that, just a hair folicle and a drop of your fresh blood.

Just incase they want to clone you...  ;-)

Sounds like a fun and interesting mission, for you to complete. Good luck, and happy landing.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The email address should be flysafe@dji.com, just send an email with the detail to this email address, the fly safe team will tell you what information they need to unlock your drone.
2017-10-23
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-23 03:42
The email address should be , just send an email with the detail to this email address, the fly safe team will tell you what information they need to unlock your drone.

Thank you Diana
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You are welcome, hope you can get it sorted out shortly, should you have further questions about it, please feel free to provide me with your ticket number, I'll check it for you.
2017-10-24
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I don't have a reference but from earlier readings from others who have jumped these hoops they said it took a week to get a response from DJI on their request.  
By DJI's own admission you should be able to get unlocked, the question is for how long.  I've seen where DJI only granted 24 hours or 72 at most, regardless of what FAA allowed.  Further, I know it can be done, my local sheriff's department has received semi permanent unlocks for their two Phantoms.  However, I say semi because after some problems with a FW update they lost the unlocks had to restart the process, nothing like a US law enforcement agency having to go to a foreign corp. and have it take at least days to work out, when they can call local FAA authorities and get clearance in minutes.
My recommendation to you, which may or may not help, is send your request e-mail now to grease the skids and maybe set the stage for when your FAA authorization comes in.  It might help speed the process.
Good Luck

...and yes come back here and post how it all went and what happened too, please?
2017-10-24
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-24 09:42
I don't have a reference but from earlier readings from others who have jumped these hoops they said it took a week to get a response from DJI on their request.  
By DJI's own admission you should be able to get unlocked, the question is for how long.  I've seen where DJI only granted 24 hours or 72 at most, regardless of what FAA allowed.  Further, I know it can be done, my local sheriff's department has received semi permanent unlocks for their two Phantoms.  However, I say semi because after some problems with a FW update they lost the unlocks had to restart the process, nothing like a US law enforcement agency having to go to a foreign corp. and have it take at least days to work out, when they can call local FAA authorities and get clearance in minutes.
My recommendation to you, which may or may not help, is send your request e-mail now to grease the skids and maybe set the stage for when your FAA authorization comes in.  It might help speed the process.

Thank you for the information, I am going to email DJI to find out exactly what they need to unlock. Checked with the FAA the waiver application # is not the actual waiver # until it is approved, they too only allow a 72 hour window of operation and the only reason they allow this is for weather & safety considerations and can void the waiver due to TFR's that may be initiated during the waiver period. Kinda like rolling the dice.
I agree can't hurt to get the ball rolling.
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules