Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Refocusing leads to blurry footage with Infinite Focus.
731 12 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrmaxm
lvl.1

India

I've done more investigation into common problem that people have, and it seems like it is a software (can be patched with firmware update) issue of how Osmo+ handles focus adjustments with Infinite Focus mode.
As I understand with Infinite Focus it will not try to search (back>forth) for focus like with AF, but will only do periodical adjustments in one or the other direction of focus (closer or further). And it appears as when you turn on Osmo+ it gives you nice focus as how it supposed to be, but then seconds or sometimes minutes into the footage it will slightly shift focus, and what it appears to me, always shifting focus to more near point, when actually shooting in very far distance, in my case from 100 meeters to 10 km distance. Leading to blurry image.

I've collected screenshots made from 1080p, 60fps with 120 shutter speed videos. Using S mode. Lens callibrated with 1.6.1.0 firmware.
Screenshots (attachments) are from different takes where each take had same issue during recording. Each pair of screenshot is only 5-10 frames apart showing when it is just before refocusing and how blurry it gets after refocusing.
View images in FullHD to see how radical blur is.

Worth mentioning, switch happens when camera is pretty stable with minimal movement, no physical intervention with gimbal or camera is made. Camera is well fixed and is not overheated. No modifications to the camera were made. Camera have been bought only 2 months ago, first testing started week ago and it showed issues on first day.

This pretty much ruins all the footage I'm trying to make.

pic-1-a.jpg
pic-1-b.jpg
pic-2-a.jpg
pic-2-b.jpg
pic-3-a.jpg
pic-3-b.jpg
pic-4-a.jpg
pic-4-b.jpg
pic-5-a.jpg
pic-5-b.jpg
2017-10-23
Use props
mrmaxm
lvl.1

India

And here is 2x resized pieces of screenshots with side-by-side comparison how blurry it gets.
side-1.jpg
side-2.jpg
side-3.jpg
side-4.jpg
side-5.jpg
2017-10-23
Use props
Papaulo.martins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2141201 ft
Brazil

What is happening to me is also a pity that we have to suffer, the worst is that we buy and pay for this product that remains unstable, with low reliability and disappointing results with images stashed ...
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mrmaxm Posted at 2017-10-23 08:21
And here is 2x resized pieces of screenshots with side-by-side comparison how blurry it gets.

I would recommend you enter the camera setting and do the lens calibration. Please keep us updated.  
2017-10-23
Use props
mrmaxm
lvl.1

India

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-23 19:29
I would recommend you enter the camera setting and do the lens calibration. Please keep us updated.

Please, read first post carefully:I've collected screenshots made from 1080p, 60fps with 120 shutter speed videos. Using S mode. Lens callibrated with 1.6.1.0 firmware.

I have callibrated Lens, tried multiple times in different conditions. Issue does not goes away, simptoms might change: leads to more or less blur, but the issue of focus change to the wrong one persists.

Please do provide meaningfull support as many people experience the same issue and I've making my effort, spending my time investigating into the issue I shouldn't even have to deal with if the quality of a product was according to price and claim of it.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mrmaxm Posted at 2017-10-23 19:45
Please, read first post carefully:I've collected screenshots made from 1080p, 60fps with 120 shutter speed videos. Using S mode. Lens callibrated with 1.6.1.0 firmware.

I have callibrated Lens, tried multiple times in different conditions. Issue does not goes away, simptoms might change: leads to more or less blur, but the issue of focus change to the wrong one persists.

Sorry that I missed the information. In this case, please provide me the original pictures to locate the problem. I would forward the picture to our engineers for check. Thanks a lot.
2017-10-23
Use props
mrmaxm
lvl.1

India

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-23 23:23
Sorry that I missed the information. In this case, please provide me the original pictures to locate the problem. I would forward the picture to our engineers for check. Thanks a lot.

Thank you for looking into this.

I've made 5 video cuts from unprocessed original videos. Full length originals are too large and have no useful information, only this particular point in them that have refocusing.

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... V3B1TE0?usp=sharing
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mrmaxm Posted at 2017-10-24 03:29
Thank you for looking into this.

I've made 5 video cuts from unprocessed original videos. Full length originals are too large and have no useful information, only this particular point in them that have refocusing.

Thanks for the update. Please wait patiently for the analysis.
2017-10-24
Use props
mrmaxm
lvl.1

India

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-24 03:41

Thank you for your help, really appreciated.

If there is any test I can do to assist, feel free to ask!

Cheers,
Max
2017-10-24
Use props
fans709c35ad
New

United States

This camera is useless, consistently blurry with very bad quality, spent hours watching videos, tutorials even returned the camera and exchanged it for a new one after 2 days, new camera also same terrible quality. No answers anywhere, very embrassimg when I had to use my cell phone on a shoot to capture the footage, spent almost $1200 with camera, accessories, batteries, etc,  then the only answer I got was you get what yuou paid for, which I totally don't understrand what that means because at least match cell phone quality.  

I really would likke to know if anyone has been able to get clear footage?
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans709c35ad Posted at 2017-10-27 23:18
This camera is useless, consistently blurry with very bad quality, spent hours watching videos, tutorials even returned the camera and exchanged it for a new one after 2 days, new camera also same terrible quality. No answers anywhere, very embrassimg when I had to use my cell phone on a shoot to capture the footage, spent almost $1200 with camera, accessories, batteries, etc,  then the only answer I got was you get what yuou paid for, which I totally don't understrand what that means because at least match cell phone quality.  

I really would likke to know if anyone has been able to get clear footage?

Sir, we are so sorry to read on your experience with our product.
May I know which device you own?
If it is Osmo+, what focus mode did you select?
Have you calibrated the lens?
2017-10-28
Use props
mrmaxm
lvl.1

India

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-24 03:41

Hi Elektra.

If there are any news so far? Would love to know about any progress on that matter.

Kind Regards,
Max
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mrmaxm Posted at 2017-11-20 04:37
Hi Elektra.

If there are any news so far? Would love to know about any progress on that matter.

Sorry for the late response. Please send it back for check if the problem still exists. We will try our best to solve this. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules