Black lines in light or white background
3969 9 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

[I am experiencing on my IPAD PRO when taking still pictures with my P4, black lines going through white or light objects, even the sky, as you can see in the pictures. When I turn the wheel on the RC to lessen the light, they go away but then the screen becomes very dark. What's up with that? This just started happening after over a years time. Is there a setting I am missing? Any input would be great!   
2017-10-23
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Stills and video!
2017-10-23
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

You have the over-exposure warning turned on in GO.  Turn it off in the camera menu.
2017-10-23
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

It's your over exposure warning. you can turn it off in your camera settings look for the over exposure on off switch. Or you could leave it on and turn your exposure wheel on the right of the remote control till the lines disappear which lets you know that your not over exposing your shot and washing out your image with intense whites.  
2017-10-23
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Well, just got in from a short flight and was checking the camera settings. Sure enough, I found the issue. Those lines are apparently an "over exposure warning". I turned it off in the settings and now no more black lines. I hope this helps anyone with that same issue. It's a "feel good" feeling when you can find your own problem!! Happy flying!!
2017-10-23
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Imovetheearth Posted at 2017-10-23 11:55
Well, just got in from a short flight and was checking the camera settings. Sure enough, I found the issue. Those lines are apparently an "over exposure warning". I turned it off in the settings and now no more black lines. I hope this helps anyone with that same issue. It's a "feel good" feeling when you can find your own problem!! Happy flying!!

Thanx for your responses, but I feel like an electronic wizard when I figured it out myself!
2017-10-23
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2017-10-23 11:40
It's your over exposure warning. you can turn it off in your camera settings look for the over exposure on off switch. Or you could leave it on and turn your exposure wheel on the right of the remote control till the lines disappear which lets you know that your not over exposing your shot and washing out your image with intense whites.

Thanx Normn8or for your response! Must be when you were responding to my thread I was out taking a short flight and got into my camera settings and turned off the over exposure. With it on it also made the screen on my device very dark when I lessened the exposure. Apparently when I updated, the over exposure was turned on and I never updated my camera settings.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted, happy flying!
2017-10-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Switching off the over-exposure warning is akin to removing the globe in your car's low oil pressure light. It might get rid of the annoying indicator, but you still have a problem. It would be far wiser to read up on how to correctly expose the images in the first place.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yeah, great to hear that the issue is resolved, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules