Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Confusion about DJI repair delivery, trustless behaviour?
2853 14 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgMarvic

Germany

On sunday the 22.10.17 I opened an online repair request and got a case number with some instructions.

The instruction are:
1. We will send you a shipping label within 2 business day if your place is reachable by our UPS EU service.
2. Please print this page and send the paperwork back to us in the box. Failure to include the paperwork in the box will cause delays for your repair.
3. If the package is lost by UPS, customer should contact the UPS by himself and may bear the cost according to UPS policy.

So I packed a parcel complete with the "DJI Mavic Pro Fly More" and the document (paperwork), took images of all parts in the box and sealed it carefully. Today morning I asked my neighbor if he can put the shipping label on the box and give it to UPS. After this I left my home for a 1 week business trip.

Today (1 pm) I got an email to fill out a seperate form and send it with proof of purchase and the complete Mavic parts to Netherlands.

What the heck is this for a uncoordinated organisation? Seems that I have to pay first for delivery. The Mavic has no physical damage, it has a problem with the software, see thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-115353-1-1.html

Why should I send the Mavic to Netherlands and not to Germany where I live and where I have bought it. I red about some warrenty tricks here in the forum, see this link: https://forum.dji.com/thread-117208-1-1.html.

Can anybody please clearify this?

PS:
I tend to give the whole thing back to DJI with a payment of my 1500 EUR. This is not a trustful relationship (see also point 3 above).
2017-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First everybody needs to send proof of purchase, second if your AC is a warranty you won’t have to pay shipping, third Holland is repair Centre for most of Europe we all have to ship to Holland to get our Mavic repaired.
I think a service that will call to your door collect and return is not the worst service out there.

Regarding point#3 if say you give wrong information to ups do you think dji should be responsible.
2017-10-23
Use props
GeorgMarvic

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-23 12:35
First everybody needs to send proof of purchase, second if your AC is a warranty you won’t have to pay shipping, third Holland is repair Centre for most of Europe we all have to ship to Holland to get our Mavic repaired.
I think a service that will call to your door collect and return is not the worst service out there.

Thank you for your reply.

I have already sent the proof of purchase, otherwise I will not get the case number.

You mean I will get the shipping label soon. Hope my neighbor will inform me soon as well.
2017-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-23 13:51
Thank you for your reply.

I have already sent the proof of purchase, otherwise I will not get the case number.

It should follow very soon after case number.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide your case number so I can verify what you've been provided thus far? Just to clarify, not all regions qualify for a shipping label and if you were asked to pay for the shipping, any UPS claims going to the facility would be handled by you since you were the shipper. It sounds like, however, you were sent a label and you did use it to ship it to DJI, correct? There is a chance that it's a redundant email, but I'd like to check.
2017-10-23
Use props
GeorgMarvic

Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 15:32
Could you please provide your case number so I can verify what you've been provided thus far? Just to clarify, not all regions qualify for a shipping label and if you were asked to pay for the shipping, any UPS claims going to the facility would be handled by you since you were the shipper. It sounds like, however, you were sent a label and you did use it to ship it to DJI, correct? There is a chance that it's a redundant email, but I'd like to check.

My case number is: CAS-1136441-R2F5S6

Thank you
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-24 04:24

Thank you

From what I can gather, they sent an email on the 23rd with shipping instructions due to not qualifying for a shipping label based on the address information you submitted in you online repair request form. The system normally assigns the region based on the address information inputted, but I will look into this for you to confirm that the NL facility is the correct EU Support Center for you. If it is in fact the appropriate facility for you and you unfortunately don't qualify for a shipping label, it would require for you to cover the cost going to the facility only. DJI would cover the costs going back to you.

You mentioned earlier that you asked your neighbor to put the shipping label onthe box for you, but I don't see a shipping label tied to this case. Was that a preemptive request when the label was sent to your inbox or did you actually receive a UPS shipping label? Is the aircraft still in your possession, or in your neighbor's possession?
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-24 04:24

Thank you

I was able to confirm that the NL Support Center it the correct facility, as they are currently are the ones primarily handling Mavic related repairs. If you could clarify whether the aircraft hasn't been shipped yet and if you do happen to have DJI Care, I can see what can be done to assist you.
2017-10-26
Use props
GeorgMarvic

Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-26 07:21
I was able to confirm that the NL Support Center it the correct facility, as they are currently are the ones primarily handling Mavic related repairs. If you could clarify whether the aircraft hasn't been shipped yet and if you do happen to have DJI Care, I can see what can be done to assist you.

Sorry for the delay, but I was on a business trip what I mentioned before. Now I'm back at home.

I think your form is not compatible with the address notation here in Germany. There was a field for address1, address2... and for the city and zip. My city here in Germany is "Winsen/Luhe" that's maybe a problem. This city is accessible by UPS for sure.

After I initiated the case on 2017/10/20 I got this information from DJI in the case details:
1. We will send you a shipping label within 2 business day if your place is reachable by our UPS EU service.
2. Please print this page and send the paperwork back to us in the box. Failure to include the paperwork in the box will cause delays for your repair.
3. If the package is lost by UPS, customer should contact the UPS by himself and may bear the cost according to UPS policy.

I have prepared point 2 and placed everything in a box for delivery. I have instructed my neighbour that UPS will come to pick up the packet (point 1 ???) or I will get a shipping label somehow.

On the 2017/10/23 I got the following email. At that time I was already on my trip and was very confused about that:
Note: Failure to complete any steps below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.
1.  Please download and print the repair form by clicking on this link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dji-www/uploads...
2.  Please include a copy of your proof of purchase, as well as the email address you used to activate your product (if applicable). The exclusion of either may disqualify you from obtaining warranty service or delay service. Please send us a copy of your proof of purchase and keep the original proof of purchase for your records.
3.  Do not ship any Non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft third-party accessories, third-party cases, SD cards, or third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party equipment.
4.  Please ship the product with the completed DJI Global Technical Support Form linked above and mark with the words ‘RMA’ on the outside of the package.
5.  Please only send your shipment by tracked courier services such as FedEx, DHL, EMS, SF Express, or other similar providers. Standard mail and collection-on-delivery are not accepted
6.  If you request not to proceed with these repair services, you will be liable for payment of return delivery of your product(s), as well as possible the cost of diagnosis.

Now I will send the packet to the Netherlands to the given address with the paperworks required in the email from the 2017/10/23.

Do you have any remarks?
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-27 11:02
Sorry for the delay, but I was on a business trip what I mentioned before. Now I'm back at home.

I think your form is not compatible with the address notation here in Germany. There was a field for address1, address2... and for the city and zip. My city here in Germany is "Winsen/Luhe" that's maybe a problem. This city is accessible by UPS for sure.

The shipping labels, to qualifying regions, are sent via email by UPS directly and are not sent physically. At this time, the units coming to the Netherlands coming from Germany do not qualify for a shipping label, however, it would be helpful to confirm whether or not you have DJI Care tied to this unit.

When you fill out the online repair request form, the possibility of sending out a shipping label will always generate. Once the system determines the regional office that the case will be assigned to, either you would receive a UPS email with a label to print out, or a Support email going into further detail about the shipping process and reiterating the need to supply the appropriate forms.
2017-10-27
Use props
GeorgMarvic

Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-27 12:53
The shipping labels, to qualifying regions, are sent via email by UPS directly and are not sent physically. At this time, the units coming to the Netherlands coming from Germany do not qualify for a shipping label, however, it would be helpful to confirm whether or not you have DJI Care tied to this unit.

When you fill out the online repair request form, the possibility of sending out a shipping label will always generate. Once the system determines the regional office that the case will be assigned to, either you would receive a UPS email with a label to print out, or a Support email going into further detail about the shipping process and reiterating the need to supply the appropriate forms.

Thank you for your reply. Now it's a bit more clear how to handle shipping. Waiting either for label or for an email for further instructions, before closing the parcel. To prevent confusion about this, DJI should be more precise in their instructions for the customer.

I have no DJI Care contract.
We have legal warranty conditions here in Germany and therefore isn't it better to give the Mavic back to the dealer where I have bought it?
2017-10-27
Use props
GeorgMarvic

Germany

Your answers or remarks do not satisfy me. I have a couple of questions:
Would DJI send the money back for shipping if it is a case of warranty? Because I have to pay round about 50 EUR via UPS out of my own pocket.
Do DJI send me a detailed report about the incident before I will get the bill to confirm or reject it? I know that some data are encrypted and not accessible for the owner(!!!), that's not really transparant for the user.
What is the possible advantage to send the defective drone to DJI instead to give it to the dealer?
I have bought a DJI "Mavic Pro Fly More" bundle. Should I send back the whole parts for repairing? I'm not sure if some other part has also a defect software.

2017-10-29
Use props
GeorgMarvic

Germany

Thank you for ignoring my questions.
2017-10-31
Use props
drew_hal_
lvl.1

Ghana

Hi, totally unrelated, I just want to know what happens after the 30 days that Dji says would automatically close the case...? Especially if my drone package should’ve reached there by now but from the progress enquiry it says Dji hasn’t received it yet...?
2019-7-24
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

As long as you have the receipt for dropping it off to the carrier, that should time stamp it.
2019-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules