International Warranty
16702 21 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FredAstra
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

I have a relative from Canada who will be coming to visit me in the UK.  My question to DJI is, if my relative purchases a DJI drone in Canada or USA (he lives on the border) and brings it to the UK.  Will DJI in the UK honour any warranty ?   Also has anybody gaot any experience of DJI international warranty ? Good or Bad.

2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Unfortunately the warranty isn't international. A unit that's purchased within Canada or the US, could only go to the NA Support Center for potential warranty service. While he can receive service in the UK at the EU Support Center, but he would incur an invoice.
2017-10-23
Use props
FredAstra
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 13:02
Unfortunately the warranty isn't international. A unit that's purchased within Canada or the US, could only go to the NA Support Center for potential warranty service. While he can receive service in the UK at the EU Support Center, but he would incur an invoice.

Seems unreasonable, and without reason to me.  Even Apple, Ford & Mercedes have international warranties, with reasonable caveats.  Take a Boo DJI...
2017-10-23
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Totally unreasonable, I purchased my Mavic from a Dji dealer in New Zealand - had and issue and was told by Dji in China I had to HAND DELIVER it, not courier to the service centre in Australia!!!!.... A 4 hour flight overseas! It's a joke really and totally misaligned.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

FredAstra Posted at 2017-10-23 13:25
Seems unreasonable, and without reason to me.  Even Apple, Ford & Mercedes have international warranties, with reasonable caveats.  Take a Boo DJI...

The differences in consumer laws between various regions, including warranty periods, makes implementing an international service difficult. Other companies may have the opportunity to provide an international warranty, but it's all dependent on the types of goods they sell and what the regulations are for said products. It's understandably an inconvenience, however, this information can be found in the after-sales policy as well:

http://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-10-23 14:02
Totally unreasonable, I purchased my Mavic from a Dji dealer in New Zealand - had and issue and was told by Dji in China I had to HAND DELIVER it, not courier to the service centre in Australia!!!!.... A 4 hour flight overseas! It's a joke really and totally misaligned.

While the AU Support Center does have a dropp off option, you should be able to ship it to them. Could you please provide a case number or any ticket information so I can look into it?
2017-10-23
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 15:02
While the AU Support Center does have a dropp off option, you should be able to ship it to them. Could you please provide a case number or any ticket information so I can look into it?

This was 2-3 months ago, I simply sold it and brought another one,was such a hassle. There were so many emails back and forth to Dji in China and there was never a resolution, I got the feeling they did not even know where New Zealand was - just a "lets just say you are out of luck attitude" I can dig out the email string and PM you if you like? I simply gave up when told I had to personally deliver it to Melbourne.
2017-10-23
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I think the general point is to stop people flying to a country and buying loads of drones to resell them.
2017-10-24
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183806 ft
Hungary

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 15:01
The differences in consumer laws between various regions, including warranty periods, makes implementing an international service difficult. Other companies may have the opportunity to provide an international warranty, but it's all dependent on the types of goods they sell and what the regulations are for said products. It's understandably an inconvenience, however, this information can be found in the after-sales policy as well:

I see, After Sales Policy says:
"Please note that the warranty service is only available in the respective DJI service regions where you purchased your DJI product."

It means, that I have  to send my defective DJI product to China, because the distributor have delivered it from there?
Or this declaration means, that I have warranty only if a live in the same region from where the distributor has been delivering the product?
2018-1-17
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

My topic about warranty for DJI battery seems to get hidden. It disappeared from the topic list.
If anyone is able to give anwer to me, the topic is there:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-129878-1-1.html
2018-1-18
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

PhantomFlyer3SE Posted at 2018-1-18 11:48
My topic about warranty for DJI battery seems to get hidden. It disappeared from the topic list.
If anyone is able to give anwer to me, the topic is there:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-129878-1-1.html

Sorry, I see what was happened, topic was just moved from Phanton section to Service section
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_6YpbiZbzlQlw
lvl.1

Lithuania

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-10-24 01:13
I think the general point is to stop people flying to a country and buying loads of drones to resell them.

there would be no need for that If DJI treated all customers equally. How come A device can be sold in usa for 100eur (Including taxes) and 150eur in europe?
2018-4-12
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 15:01
The differences in consumer laws between various regions, including warranty periods, makes implementing an international service difficult. Other companies may have the opportunity to provide an international warranty, but it's all dependent on the types of goods they sell and what the regulations are for said products. It's understandably an inconvenience, however, this information can be found in the after-sales policy as well:

This is pure and utter....
DJI could very easily honour the warranty for a drone purchased in the US or China in Europe for example.
No consumer law interferes with that, only DJI greed.
And this is also the reason why you cannot have a drone repaired under warranty when you are on vacation on another region as well.

And it's not like DJI is following EU guidelines regarding warranties as well, since in the EU there is a TWO year requirement which of course DJI blatantly disregards.

All those who live in Europe and buy from DJI Store directly are just giving up on minimum 12 sometimes 18 (in the case of batteries/motors/gimbal/camera) extra months of warranty.
2018-4-12
Use props
Shape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829140 ft
Czechia

DJI, your drones are great. But - me and others would greatly appreciate if you weren’t greedy and offered an international warranty, like other companies do and it helps their reputation! It will help your reputation as well, help you grow. It’s common in other parts of the world, that people travel or move elsewhere. Our governments are not stopping us from doing so. That’s also why other companies do offer an international warranty.

Secondly, make the sellers as Geekbuying  and others state in BIG BOLD letters that it’s a CN serial number product with no warranty in the EU, and customers have to pay for that. How are we supposed to know when it’s just a regular store that has warehouses in Europe and ships from them? Why don’t I have a warranty when I bought from somebody who shipped the item from a warehouse in Europe + got a message when activating I HAVE WARRANTY? When you activate it, it says - this activates your product’s 1-year warranty. Nothing at all about the warranty being limited to China. Please, change your policies. It will be good for you as well.
2018-6-13
Use props
Shape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829140 ft
Czechia

2018-6-13
Use props
Paper Air 8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1239495 ft
South Korea

The fact that the SAME company will not refund, replace, nor even provide any warranty for a product bought in one of their OWN stores abroad is just disgraceful!Or at least let us know that fact before we dump $2000!

I just bought a MP2 with an defective  IMU 10 days ago abroad, and the fact that i can't get any support for a drone that I haven't even had a chance to fly is absurd !

Even 3rd hand sellers such as Apple provide better support than this !

2018-10-12
Use props
Mike Switzerland
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Switzerland

I'm Joining that Topic.. Bought my drone in the USA while i lived there.. but in the mean time i moved to switzerland.

Got my drone while i was on a buisness trip. when i came home to unbox it i saw that the front window was scratched ..
DJI told me they would send me the window .. unfortunatly i moved to Switzerland now .. so my 2000 $ drone is worth nothing now ..

best ist. i gave them an andress of a friend (in november) so they could ship it there and he would leave US end of february.. but no .. DJI wants the drone sent to them so they can replace the whole drone because they have no spare front window .. what a sick joke is this?

DJI had a great service up to and during mavic one ... but since mavic pro 2... it literally became a joke...

THey expect me to pay a few 100 CHF shipping fee to change a less than 1 CHF (producint cost) front glass... ?  what is wrong with them?
2019-1-15
Use props
djiuser_tVKp7EzZluuG
New

New Zealand

Joining the thread as well, I'm about to buy a Mavic Air tomorrow in New Zealand and I live in France. I'll go through a Official Dealer, Ferntech.
Is the warranty still not international?
Does the waranty will work in France as well or only NZ, if not can I send it to the dealer if any issue occurs? You're loosing a lot of customers with this waranty issue DJI....
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_tVKp7EzZluuG Posted at 6-17 23:41
Joining the thread as well, I'm about to buy a Mavic Air tomorrow in New Zealand and I live in France. I'll go through a Official Dealer, Ferntech.
Is the warranty still not international?
Does the waranty will work in France as well or only NZ, if not can I send it to the dealer if any issue occurs? You're loosing a lot of customers with this waranty issue DJI....

Hi there, sorry that we still don't provide the international warranty, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.

If you purchase from New Zealand, the drone will need to be sent back to its corresponding repair center which is China for the warranty service, you can also contact your dealer, but you'd better verify with them in advance for the warranty service. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-6-18
Use props
Ruhr
lvl.2

Germany

I dont understand this philosophy ! Its all from ur production, ur quality control ur quality management. Can´t u say YOU guarantee for YOUR product as a company who gives a good service with a good quality management? Regardless of what the legal regulations in the country are..

The FPV Air Unit from China has the same components, the same software and the same package like the air unit from Europe or USA. Why do you just lean on the local laws for warranty? Why dont u say, we as the company guarantee a good quality management of our products, we stand behind it, doesnt matter where u bought it, u got 12 months of warranty.

The reason for avoid reselling a product can´t be a reason for that. The only reason i can imagine is that a company saves up to xx% of costs for processing guarantee cases when looking at profits at the end of the year.

International trading becomes stronger and stronger. Support that. I guess ur quality management is good enough.

2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407159 ft
Vietnam

And so a few years have passed, nothing has changed...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D772%26typeid%3D772
2022-12-8
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I was probably lucky... I live in Italy but I bought my Inspire 2 from a dealer in USA. When I had a problem (under warranty), I requested a repair through the DJI website and the drone was sent to the service center in Europe.
2022-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules