Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
International Warranty
1964 14 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FredAstra
First Officer
Flight distance : 152892
United Kingdom

I have a relative from Canada who will be coming to visit me in the UK.  My question to DJI is, if my relative purchases a DJI drone in Canada or USA (he lives on the border) and brings it to the UK.  Will DJI in the UK honour any warranty ?   Also has anybody gaot any experience of DJI international warranty ? Good or Bad.

2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 34261
United States

Unfortunately the warranty isn't international. A unit that's purchased within Canada or the US, could only go to the NA Support Center for potential warranty service. While he can receive service in the UK at the EU Support Center, but he would incur an invoice.
2017-10-23
Use props
FredAstra
First Officer
Flight distance : 152892
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 13:02
Unfortunately the warranty isn't international. A unit that's purchased within Canada or the US, could only go to the NA Support Center for potential warranty service. While he can receive service in the UK at the EU Support Center, but he would incur an invoice.

Seems unreasonable, and without reason to me.  Even Apple, Ford & Mercedes have international warranties, with reasonable caveats.  Take a Boo DJI...
2017-10-23
Use props
TroutboyNZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385787
New Zealand

Totally unreasonable, I purchased my Mavic from a Dji dealer in New Zealand - had and issue and was told by Dji in China I had to HAND DELIVER it, not courier to the service centre in Australia!!!!.... A 4 hour flight overseas! It's a joke really and totally misaligned.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

FredAstra Posted at 2017-10-23 13:25
Seems unreasonable, and without reason to me.  Even Apple, Ford & Mercedes have international warranties, with reasonable caveats.  Take a Boo DJI...

The differences in consumer laws between various regions, including warranty periods, makes implementing an international service difficult. Other companies may have the opportunity to provide an international warranty, but it's all dependent on the types of goods they sell and what the regulations are for said products. It's understandably an inconvenience, however, this information can be found in the after-sales policy as well:

http://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-10-23 14:02
Totally unreasonable, I purchased my Mavic from a Dji dealer in New Zealand - had and issue and was told by Dji in China I had to HAND DELIVER it, not courier to the service centre in Australia!!!!.... A 4 hour flight overseas! It's a joke really and totally misaligned.

While the AU Support Center does have a dropp off option, you should be able to ship it to them. Could you please provide a case number or any ticket information so I can look into it?
2017-10-23
Use props
TroutboyNZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385787
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 15:02
While the AU Support Center does have a dropp off option, you should be able to ship it to them. Could you please provide a case number or any ticket information so I can look into it?

This was 2-3 months ago, I simply sold it and brought another one,was such a hassle. There were so many emails back and forth to Dji in China and there was never a resolution, I got the feeling they did not even know where New Zealand was - just a "lets just say you are out of luck attitude" I can dig out the email string and PM you if you like? I simply gave up when told I had to personally deliver it to Melbourne.
2017-10-23
Use props
Drone-Mike
First Officer
United Kingdom

I think the general point is to stop people flying to a country and buying loads of drones to resell them.
2017-10-24
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56024
Hungary

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 15:01
The differences in consumer laws between various regions, including warranty periods, makes implementing an international service difficult. Other companies may have the opportunity to provide an international warranty, but it's all dependent on the types of goods they sell and what the regulations are for said products. It's understandably an inconvenience, however, this information can be found in the after-sales policy as well:

I see, After Sales Policy says:
"Please note that the warranty service is only available in the respective DJI service regions where you purchased your DJI product."

It means, that I have  to send my defective DJI product to China, because the distributor have delivered it from there?
Or this declaration means, that I have warranty only if a live in the same region from where the distributor has been delivering the product?
1-17 15:54
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

My topic about warranty for DJI battery seems to get hidden. It disappeared from the topic list.
If anyone is able to give anwer to me, the topic is there:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-129878-1-1.html
1-18 11:48
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

PhantomFlyer3SE Posted at 2018-1-18 11:48
My topic about warranty for DJI battery seems to get hidden. It disappeared from the topic list.
If anyone is able to give anwer to me, the topic is there:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-129878-1-1.html

Sorry, I see what was happened, topic was just moved from Phanton section to Service section
1-18 11:55
Use props
djiuser_6YpbiZbzlQlw
lvl.1
Lithuania

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-10-24 01:13
I think the general point is to stop people flying to a country and buying loads of drones to resell them.

there would be no need for that If DJI treated all customers equally. How come A device can be sold in usa for 100eur (Including taxes) and 150eur in europe?
4-12 01:18
Use props
ggeorgis
Second Officer
Greece

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-23 15:01
The differences in consumer laws between various regions, including warranty periods, makes implementing an international service difficult. Other companies may have the opportunity to provide an international warranty, but it's all dependent on the types of goods they sell and what the regulations are for said products. It's understandably an inconvenience, however, this information can be found in the after-sales policy as well:

This is pure and utter....
DJI could very easily honour the warranty for a drone purchased in the US or China in Europe for example.
No consumer law interferes with that, only DJI greed.
And this is also the reason why you cannot have a drone repaired under warranty when you are on vacation on another region as well.

And it's not like DJI is following EU guidelines regarding warranties as well, since in the EU there is a TWO year requirement which of course DJI blatantly disregards.

All those who live in Europe and buy from DJI Store directly are just giving up on minimum 12 sometimes 18 (in the case of batteries/motors/gimbal/camera) extra months of warranty.
4-12 01:48
Use props
Shape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18825
Czech Republic

DJI, your drones are great. But - me and others would greatly appreciate if you weren’t greedy and offered an international warranty, like other companies do and it helps their reputation! It will help your reputation as well, help you grow. It’s common in other parts of the world, that people travel or move elsewhere. Our governments are not stopping us from doing so. That’s also why other companies do offer an international warranty.

Secondly, make the sellers as Geekbuying  and others state in BIG BOLD letters that it’s a CN serial number product with no warranty in the EU, and customers have to pay for that. How are we supposed to know when it’s just a regular store that has warehouses in Europe and ships from them? Why don’t I have a warranty when I bought from somebody who shipped the item from a warehouse in Europe + got a message when activating I HAVE WARRANTY? When you activate it, it says - this activates your product’s 1-year warranty. Nothing at all about the warranty being limited to China. Please, change your policies. It will be good for you as well.
6-13 23:44
Use props
Shape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18825
Czech Republic

6-13 23:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules