Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Line of sight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Imovetheearth
lvl.4
United States

I know, I know, "line of sight line of sight", and believe me I know the reasons why! But I just had to try it.........being in a very rural area with lots of farm land, I launched yesterday and got out 6000 feet with no loss of signal. "My Bad"
2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

I live on farmland myself.  Seems like the perfect place for mayhem, right?  But watch out for crop dusters.  They fly low to the ground (obviously) and have unpredictable flight paths.  Also I think they get bored snorting all those chemicals and play a little game where they see how close they can get to obstacles without hitting them.  The rotor-wing cropdusters are the worst.  Dizzy things.
2017-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you want to increase your VLOS substantially, just add a set of Lume Cubes to your drone. ;-)

The difference for me has been a blessing. These LED's are super bright.

RedHotPoker

2017-10-23
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Line of sight has nothing to do with distance or being able to see your Phantom.  What you are talking about is keeping it in visual range.
2017-10-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I say that if ya have the right area, such as you do, go full stick!
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'd like to say that the flight environment is very important. Looking forward wonderful videos from you.
2017-10-23
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Good job
Keep the sunny side up and good luck
I'm sure you'll do the right thing when required and as necessary.  Agree with Irate ya gotta watch out for those crop dusters.
2017-10-23
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.4
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-23 14:49
I live on farmland myself.  Seems like the perfect place for mayhem, right?  But watch out for crop dusters.  They fly low to the ground (obviously) and have unpredictable flight paths.  Also I think they get bored snorting all those chemicals and play a little game where they see how close they can get to obstacles without hitting them.  The rotor-wing cropdusters are the worst.  Dizzy things.

No crop dusting in this area of NY, but I have had it up in Florida (the P4) LOL..... and out of nowhere a low flying helicopter appears. Good hearing and eyes are a must!!
2017-10-25
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are times my line of sight is between my eyes and the iPad.  lol
2017-10-25
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

6k feet, not bad at all !  1. 1 miles ...it's amazing the distance these machines can go. I've gone as far out as 17, 000 feet (one-way) so there's plenty of power packed in these bad boys.  
2017-10-25
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-23 14:49

We have very slow and predictable tractors in the UK, so don't have to worry about hammered pilots buzzing the tower.
2017-10-25
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-10-25 17:42
6k feet, not bad at all !  1. 1 miles ...it's amazing the distance these machines can go. I've gone as far out as 17, 000 feet (one-way) so there's plenty of power packed in these bad boys.

And could just about make out the LED's on the drone......with a space telescope
2017-10-25
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-10-25 23:05
We have very slow and predictable tractors in the UK, so don't have to worry about hammered pilots buzzing the tower.

Don't forget that a lot of our farmers use drones for crop surveying with infrared cameras to minimise watering, fertiliser, pesticides etc.  If you are flying over farmland then you need to be able to see other drones in the air, not just big planes and helicopters.
2017-10-26
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-10-25 23:07
And could just about make out the LED's on the drone......with a space telescope

2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules