7142 22 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know of a way to change the MAVIC, Inspire or any DJI drones start up tune?  I know through their SDK program you can develope some really cool routines for their drones.  I would like to know if the tune can be reprogrammed.  Would love for my drones to say "Hello" and "Goodbye".
2017-10-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

The only way I know to do this would be to modify their code. Not recommended.
2017-10-23
Use props
Bastien Flies
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545236 ft
France

The startup sound is so exciting, it sounds like adventure. I wouldn't want to change it for a second
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for bringing us the attention, but sorry, we don't support changing the tune of the drone.
2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Yes, that would be helpful if the SDK could support access to the speaker on Mavic.  The Mavic could then sound a certain tune when the IMU was warmed up and GPS was available.  That way blind people could be able to fly the drones too since they can't see the colored LEDs flashing.
2017-10-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-23 18:35
Yes, that would be helpful if the SDK could support access to the speaker on Mavic.  The Mavic could then sound a certain tune when the IMU was warmed up and GPS was available.  That way blind people could be able to fly the drones too since they can't see the colored LEDs flashing.

I hope you meant "color blind" people.
2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-10-23 18:59

Nope, I meant blind people. Unsighted.

That gave me an idea.  I'm going to take my drone to the park wearing dark sunglasses and holding a white cane.  I'll fly the drone around haphazardly.  I think it's sure to be a hit!  Those youtube pranksters should be able to get a lot of mileage out of that one.
2017-10-23
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-23 18:35

The sound comes from the motors, not a speaker. The EScs send the signal to the motors. You tube has videos explaining how AC motors and ESCs do this and can be programmed to play almost anything. One of my old home built quads played the star wars march.
2017-10-23
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-10-23 21:09
The sound comes from the motors, not a speaker. The EScs send the signal to the motors. You tube has videos explaining how AC motors and ESCs do this and can be programmed to play almost anything. One of my old home built quads played the star wars march.

That's pretty wild.  One learns something new every day.  Thanks!
2017-10-23
Use props
Bastien Flies
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545236 ft
France

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-10-23 18:59

Hahahaha
2017-10-24
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I want Mario Brothers every time I press power.
2017-10-24
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

HWCM Posted at 2017-10-23 21:09

I've been working in electronics for 30 years, and I have not ... I did not try to make songs with the sound from the engines! neither in AC ... nor in DC! the motors from drones are '' step by step '' a kind of AC with fixed amplitude and just frequency modification! at mavic the starting sound is played by a miniaturized buzzer / speaker rather than motors !!!
2017-10-24
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

sica Posted at 2017-10-24 09:51
I've been working in electronics for 30 years, and I have not ... I did not try to make songs with the sound from the engines! neither in AC ... nor in DC! the motors from drones are '' step by step '' a kind of AC with fixed amplitude and just frequency modification! at mavic the starting sound is played by a miniaturized buzzer / speaker rather than motors !!!

at mavic the starting sound is played by a miniaturized buzzer / speaker rather than motors !!!

No it isn't; it's just as HWCM said. It wouldn't really make much sense to add the weight of a speaker to an aircraft -- and reduce its flight time even if only slightly -- just to make three tones when it's turned on.
2017-10-24
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Israel

hence the quieter sound at the mavic pro platinum engine acting sinusoidal in the form of frequency versus normal mavic pro that is trapezoidal ... so louder, but with pluses and minuses! at the original mavic pro is more noisy but the moment is bigger / at the sudden orders the engine moment is bigger, the noisy but the drone will react faster ... apology of the offtop!
2017-10-24
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Israel

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-24 10:00
at mavic the starting sound is played by a miniaturized buzzer / speaker rather than motors !!!

No it isn't; it's just as HWCM said, so apparently you've learned something new too.

weight in loudspeaker ???? in smartphones with a 2mm speaker that weighs 1g and it sounds like it's heard from the salon !!! do you want to see how the speaker from the LG V10 looks and what power does it have to be serious! I work in the field ... there are piezo, small and high power / normal speakers ... without fidelity!
2017-10-24
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-23 19:37
Nope, I meant blind people. Unsighted.

That gave me an idea.  I'm going to take my drone to the park wearing dark sunglasses and holding a white cane.  I'll fly the drone around haphazardly.  I think it's sure to be a hit!  Those youtube pranksters should be able to get a lot of mileage out of that one.

Let us know when and where! I'd come and watch, it would be hilarious.
2017-10-24
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

NO, no it is not. Try watching the motors when the Mavic starts up. You can see them dance. Or try holding the motors on start up, you can feel them pulse.
I have been building quads and octocpters for years, I do not put speakers or buzzers on my quads, yet there is still a start up melody and it can be programmed to play different tunes.
Show me on the mavic where the speaker is. There is not one.
2017-10-25
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-24 10:00

No it isn't; it's just as HWCM said. It wouldn't really make much sense to add the weight of a speaker to an aircraft -- and reduce its flight time even if only slightly -- just to make three tones when it's turned on.

Got an idea to test this out tonight (along with the new blades sound recording - got new blades delivered!)
2017-10-26
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-10-26 02:19
Got an idea to test this out tonight (along with the new blades sound recording - got new blades delivered!)

I've tried comparing the sound from the starting Mavic (with props taken off) while it is completely covered by a sound absorbing material, partially covered (only motors) and uncovered.
I can say that the sounds coming from the partially covered Mavic and completely covered one are identically muffled, while uncovered you hear a crisp sound.
This indicates that the start-up sound is indeed produced by the motors.
2017-10-26
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Then I'm afraid you have wasted some of that 30 years - you haven't lived until you have made a motor make music  
2017-10-26
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

Even more awesome:

By the way, a friend of mine programmed his home-made 3D printer to play I'm Alive
2017-10-26
Use props
fans1f7e3ed0
lvl.3
Czechia

Bastien Flies Posted at 2017-10-23 14:47
The startup sound is so exciting, it sounds like adventure. I wouldn't want to change it for a second

Exactly adventure
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules