Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot change EV Setting in Manual Mode
8205 8 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueBirdTN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone explain to me why you cannot change the EV Value for the Camera when you are in Manual (M) Mode.  It will show a - and + sign with Auto, A and S but not M.

2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

Because in manual mode you change the ISO and shutter speed, which is what results in the EV change.
2017-10-23
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Because the setting you are asking about is the autoexposure over-ride setting.
You use this to set the camera to over or under-expose the auto setting by the number of stops you dial in.
In manual exposure, the camera ignores autoexposure values.
If you want to vary your exposure settings in manual mode, you do it directly.
2017-10-23
Use props
BlueBirdTN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you dial in your settings until this reads Zero and you have the correct exposure?
2017-10-23
Use props
fansf8b5debc
First Officer
Flight distance : 50259 ft
United States

EV setting is what the auto setting is at. 0 means you are matching the auto setting. Plus or minus is the difference from the auto.
2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

BlueBirdTN Posted at 2017-10-23 17:40
So you dial in your settings until this reads Zero and you have the correct exposure?

You have what the computer THINKS is the correct exposure, yes.
2017-10-23
Use props
gt3rs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

Although good camera let you set EV in M in conjuction with auto iso... very useful for filming because you could set F5.6,  1/50, auto iso but -2/3 exp compensation. My 1Dx II let you do this, it also allow the iso to change gracefully during filming something that the P4p does not well at all so basically you need to film all in Manual including iso....
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Agree with 2#. In Manual mode, EV will be adjusted along with the ISO and Shutter speed.
2017-10-29
Use props
bobjonesx
lvl.1
United States

I agree with #7.
It would be ONE thing if the MavPro manual gave a hint on this. Otherwise, what else can one do except understand & use EV as it is commonly used by 99% of the rest of the planet.
Much as I like my Mavic, the level of documentation and software glitches from DJI reminds me of my programming days at a community college.
>>Not ready for prime time<<
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules