Adding new quad to my forum account
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I first purchased my Phantom 3 Adv many months ago and promptly joined this forum.  A few months back, I also bought a Mavic Pro, which I'm flying my more often than the Phantom.  Under my photo for my account, there shows only the icon for the Phantom.  How can I get the Mavic icon to show as well?
2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

You need to have activated the Mavic using the same email address as your forum account.  Is it possible you bought this Mavic secondhand?
2017-10-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the quick reply.  No, I bought it new, but from a retail store here, not directly from Mavic.  Can you explain a bit more about "activate"?  I don't recall that.
2017-10-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-23 18:44
Thanks for the quick reply.  No, I bought it new, but from a retail store here, not directly from Mavic.  Can you explain a bit more about "activate"?  I don't recall that.

Well it's not supposed to let you fly it until you activate it using your DJI account.  They do that for big brother purposes.  If yours was already activated, then I would start to wonder if you got stuck with a return.  Are your flight meters displayed next to your name here on the forum racking up like they should?

A moderator should be able to tell you if it was already activated.  But as far as I know they will not tell you what email address was used.
2017-10-23
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I think you also need to sync your flights as well.
2017-10-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-23 18:48
Well it's not supposed to let you fly it until you activate it using your DJI account.  They do that for big brother purposes.  If yours was already activated, then I would start to wonder if you got stuck with a return.  Are your flight meters displayed next to your name here on the forum racking up like they should?

A moderator should be able to tell you if it was already activated.  But as far as I know they will not tell you what email address was used.

I'm pretty certain is was completely new.  My flight meters are displaying correctly and I do sync often.  Hmmm.
2017-10-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-23 19:33
I think you also need to sync your flights as well.

I'm pretty certain is was completely new.  My flight meters are displaying correctly and I do sync often.  Hmmm.
2017-10-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-23 19:45

Aloha Stanford,

When you sync your flights, do you have the option of choosing between your different birds?  In my case I have a P3P, P4 and P4 Pro.  I can list them all together or independently.  If you cannot combine your P3A with your Mavic, you need to look into any differences between how they are registered with DJI.  As Irate noted, it could be as simple as a different email account.  DJI depends on your email address to put you in the database.

How about give it a try and let us know how it looks.  We may be able to help you further.  Maybe a DJI Moderator or Administrator will notice your thread and offer some help.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you PM me your DJI account and the aircraft serial number? I'd like to look into it.
2017-10-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-23 23:03
Could you PM me your DJI account and the aircraft serial number? I'd like to look into it.

Aloha Susan,

Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-24
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-23 22:17
Aloha Stanford,

When you sync your flights, do you have the option of choosing between your different birds?  In my case I have a P3P, P4 and P4 Pro.  I can list them all together or independently.  If you cannot combine your P3A with your Mavic, you need to look into any differences between how they are registered with DJI.  As Irate noted, it could be as simple as a different email account.  DJI depends on your email address to put you in the database.

Aloha to you too  .  I just sent DJI Susan the info she asked for.  To answer your question, no, I do not get the option of choosing between birds when I sync.  But my flight distances DO show up on my forum account.  Also, something I just noticed yesterday - when I open the DJI Go4 app on my phone and then hit "Me", followed by "Flight Records",  the resulting page shows some recent flight info.  I also see 4 white buttons at the bottom of that display.  When I swipe sideways, each page has a different icon on it.  The first page is an icon of a human, the 2nd page has a Phantom, the 3rd has a Mavic, and the 4 is a blank circle.  All 4 pages show the same distance at the top.  Strange.  You can contact me directly at bob@bobishere.com.  Best regards,, Bob
2017-10-24
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-23 19:45

I also never activated my aircraft as far as I know. I bought it new from a hobby store about 2-years ago, and yes I created a DJI account and I do sync my flights. All is good, but I have asked before about the serial number?? I know I never put anything in, and I have since lost my original phantom 3A and purchased another used one. Just took off flying, using same account, etc. Never entered any information at all and I have no problems. On my DJI account it shows that I have purchased nothing. And it doesn't matter to me, I just don't understand the whole activation process. I would like to enter my serial number just to have it recorded, but don't know how to go about it.
2017-10-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-10-24 07:48
I also never activated my aircraft as far as I know. I bought it new from a hobby store about 2-years ago, and yes I created a DJI account and I do sync my flights. All is good, but I have asked before about the serial number?? I know I never put anything in, and I have since lost my original phantom 3A and purchased another used one. Just took off flying, using same account, etc. Never entered any information at all and I have no problems. On my DJI account it shows that I have purchased nothing. And it doesn't matter to me, I just don't understand the whole activation process. I would like to enter my serial number just to have it recorded, but don't know how to go about it.

Aloha Ricardo,

As far as I know, the serial numbers are transmited directly from the bird and remote controller to the DJI servers.  When You look at the "About" option at the bottom of the first page of "General Settings", those serial numbers are listed. The bird is "FC (Fligth Controller) and the remote controller is listed.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That's a great way to give Susan your info, get to the inner workings of this investigation. Good stuff Susan.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-24 07:11
Aloha to you too  .  I just sent DJI Susan the info she asked for.  To answer your question, no, I do not get the option of choosing between birds when I sync.  But my flight distances DO show up on my forum account.  Also, something I just noticed yesterday - when I open the DJI Go4 app on my phone and then hit "Me", followed by "Flight Records",  the resulting page shows some recent flight info.  I also see 4 white buttons at the bottom of that display.  When I swipe sideways, each page has a different icon on it.  The first page is an icon of a human, the 2nd page has a Phantom, the 3rd has a Mavic, and the 4 is a blank circle.  All 4 pages show the same distance at the top.  Strange.  You can contact me directly at .  Best regards,, Bob

Bob, I have received your message in PM, thank you! But could you upload a picture of aircraft serial number and PM me the link directly?The one you offered seems not correct, I'll double check.
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-24 07:11
Aloha to you too  .  I just sent DJI Susan the info she asked for.  To answer your question, no, I do not get the option of choosing between birds when I sync.  But my flight distances DO show up on my forum account.  Also, something I just noticed yesterday - when I open the DJI Go4 app on my phone and then hit "Me", followed by "Flight Records",  the resulting page shows some recent flight info.  I also see 4 white buttons at the bottom of that display.  When I swipe sideways, each page has a different icon on it.  The first page is an icon of a human, the 2nd page has a Phantom, the 3rd has a Mavic, and the 4 is a blank circle.  All 4 pages show the same distance at the top.  Strange.  You can contact me directly at .  Best regards,, Bob

Update: Bob, thanks for getting back to us. According to the correct serial number, the activation email address is not matched with the one you logged in DJI Forum. That's why the Mavic didn't show under your Avatar. I'll PM you more details.
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules