DJI Returned my P4 with
1262 9 2017-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Several screws missing from the unit. These screws hold the bottom of the whole unit onto the structure. I am blown away. They also returned it in a foam case that is not mine, and in a original box that is not mine either. This one is water damaged.

After they gave me an estimate to repair the camera board, No one can tell me why i need a new one or why it failed, I asked them to not repair it and return the unit to me.

I just opened the box 20 min ago and inspected the unit.

I am going on a limb here but would have to think that this is not IAW with DJI customer service, unit service protocol.

Just crazy.  

2017-10-23
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Returned my P4 with

Several screws missing from the unit. These screws hold the bottom of the whole unit onto the structure. I am blown away. They also returned it in a foam case that is not mine, and in a original box that is not mine either. This one is water damaged.

After they gave me an estimate to repair the camera board, No one can tell me why i need a new one or why it failed, I asked them to not repair it and return the unit to me.

I just opened the box 20 min ago and inspected the unit.

I am going on a limb here but would have to think that this is not IAW with DJI customer service, unit service protocol.

Just crazy.  

2017-10-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is crazy!
2017-10-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

C.Degan Posted at 2017-10-23 18:52

Aloha Degan,

Hopefuly, one of the DJI Administrators will see this thread and give you some assistance.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-23
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

SMH -- someone at the repair place was a sleep at the wheel there
2017-10-23
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Sounds like they estimated it, you refused it, so "it came back in a box" dismantled.  Could be an unrepaired refurb too as that seems to be their policy (I don't agree with it at all, but it's their way.).  You might have to find an independent to fix it now.

I've seen that stunt pulled with DSLR cameras too when the customer refused a repair at the camera store who sent it in for him.  No paid tech-time to reassemble it, so back it comes and we take the heat in the store when it happens while the camera maker laughs.  One repair the customer threw a lip-fit with the maker and they actually pulled a key piece out and not even an independent repair shop could get the part to fix it.  The boss (store owner) bought it off the guy on a trade-in, but it was never fixed again, and the serial number was blackballed by the camera company.

Good luck.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Degan, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Per the case log, the unit was returned without repair. I have forwarded this to the located team to investigate. And they will contact you soon.
2017-10-23
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Is this is a result of unstable flying after the firmware update and it was working perfectly before the firmware update?
2017-10-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-23 22:50
Degan, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Per the case log, the unit was returned without repair. I have forwarded this to the located team to investigate. And they will contact you soon.

Aloha Susan,

Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-24
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-10-24 00:34
Is this is a result of unstable flying after the firmware update and it was working perfectly before the firmware update?

Yes. P4 flew perfect prior to update. When I needed to shoot a video, I did my normal preflight, and turned P4 and controller on. Update Required so I updated it. Never flew the same again. I have video of it shaking etc. Very unstable. This unit was never crashed, no hard landings etc... I took very good care of it.
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules